D&D 4E 4e dinosaurs?

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Hello!

Does anyone know anyplace I can find stats for dinosaurs for D&D4e?

I'm looking to spring a T-rex at my players next week!

/M

Mengu

First Post
What kind of T-rex do you want, standard, elite, or solo? What role? What level? Probably easier/faster to create one that will fit your needs than to fish for one. You can look at a few behemoths and drakes for inspiration.

Gruns

Explorer
There's nothing with the name "Tyranasaurus Rex", but there are lots of things in the basic Monster Manual that can be used, depending on the level...
For example, the Feymire Crocodile could be used pretty much as is. Maybe lose the Aura and Regen for something a little more dinosaur-ey... Some Close Burst Tail Sweep that recharges or something...
What level are you looking for?
Later!
Gruns

Mentat55

First Post
Dinosaurs are no longer found under a "Dinosaur" monster entry. Two places I can think of:

1. Drakes: The needlefang drake swarm (MM1) makes a good group of small meat-eaters. The guard drake (MM1) and bloodseeker drake (MM2) are more man-sized meat-eaters. The scytheclaw drake (MM2) is a velociraptor, while the fang titan drake (MM2) is a tyrannosaur.
2. Behemoth: The macetail behemoth (MM1) is an ankylosaur, while the bloodspike behemoth (MM2) is a stegosaur.

Stoat

Adventurer
Prehistoric Beasts is good. I second the recommendation.

If you want to stay with WotC approved monsters, I'm pretty sure that the Fang Titan Drake from MM2 is supposed to be a T-Rex.

Klaus

First Post
Dinosaurs are no longer found under a "Dinosaur" monster entry. Two places I can think of:

1. Drakes: The needlefang drake swarm (MM1) makes a good group of small meat-eaters. The guard drake (MM1) and bloodseeker drake (MM2) are more man-sized meat-eaters. The scytheclaw drake (MM2) is a velociraptor, while the fang titan drake (MM2) is a tyrannosaur.
2. Behemoth: The macetail behemoth (MM1) is an ankylosaur, while the bloodspike behemoth (MM2) is a stegosaur.
This is correct.

Redshirt

Explorer
The Fang Titan Drake makes a cool T-Rex. I used in a couple of weeks ago with 6 Sytheclaw Drakes (Raptors). Im doing a refluffed Isle of Dread and wanted to show the party that they cant kill everything they see (they try tho ;)).

Needless to say the FTD made short work of the party (4 lvl 13 characters) and they had to flee.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases