Proposal: Establish the major Evil forces at work in L4W

Tenchuu

First Post
Asmo looks good Mal!

As I am working on re-drafting Allaria, it looks like there is little to no documentation on the Unending Mire, except to say that such a thing exists, with shape changing serpentmen being the biggest threat to come from it. Hopefully, I'm not about to hijack your thread (I do think my questions are related).

So, I figured I would give them a flush-out as well. In doing so, I was wondering two things:

1. Are the unending mire and the shifting mires[FONT=&quot][/FONT] the same, completely different, or overlapping (i.e., some shifting mires are lands of the unending mire)?

2. Which of the newly established evil forces would be the best fit with the shape changing serpentmen of the unending mire?

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
I like Ragaman, but he seems very Blazing Dessert centric. I would very much like to see a writeup of the land in the wiki.

He seems like maybe a high Paragon threat to me, that could maybe grow in power as the players pursue him becoming an epic threat.

I don't think I can answer your question Tenchuu but I'm glad someone remembered this established threat.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Yeah that makes sense to me. Talk about your powerful underlings. He may be even plotting against him.

Like any villain working for Dr. Doom.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yeah I think that you should get in charge of the big guys and I'll do the lesser villains. =P Seems to work better this way. Although Ragaman wishes to conquer instead of destroy, except for his arch-enemy who he wishes utterly massacred. I think his modus operandi will by much like conservative medieval warfare, taking settlements and reinforcing them (with golems in his case) before moving on to the next target. That would separate him from Perses (That I find personally amusing. I could make some commanders of Perses, I really like the greek flavor he has.)

Tenchuu

First Post
Still working on that Allaria update. So, I re-read this thread again, and I see a few options when it comes to the Unending Mire.

1. They are followers of Akneth, the black widow. I would make the leader(s) female.

2. They have tricked/manipulated Akneth; I would make the Black Dragon who wages the dragon wars a female offspring of Akneth. The leaders of the Mire themselves are not followers, but have presented themselves as such. Instead, they have their own motives.

3. The leader of the mire is a possessed follower of the Usurper.

4. The mire is a new, separate major evil influence. If I went this route, I haven't yet given much thought to their ultimate goals/motives; perhaps they seek the elimination of human and human-like species from power in favor of reptilian rule. I'd need to really think about this one more if #1-3 are not the option.

Your thoughts?

Fragsie

Explorer
I prefer the first in combination with second and fourth ideas; they are followers of Akneth, led by the black widow's daughter, a black dragon with rather xenophobic attitudes she despises all non-reptilians.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I am still crawling forward with putting up the threats. Man,am I busy. Well, a ordinary man probably wouldn't think so, but I am a very lazy person so...

The Usurper is up with the best thematic picture I could find, which isn't saying much.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases