[pfrpg]

grufflehead

First Post
Grufflehead: heh. Just thinking whether this would be possible to RP in PBP

Well, it'll certainly be different! I'm reckoning that any 'speech' - as it is only going to be immediately understandable by anyone who has learned the sign language - will go in spoiler blocks, and will probably be a little more basic than normal talking. But I reckon I've had 2 years with at least a couple of the PCs, and International Sign Language allows for some fairly complex concepts to be expressed, so I don't envisage it being too problematic to say we've developed it to a reasonably high degree. One advantage with the granularity of languaged in PF/3.5

It will focus me more on being descriptive about other aspects of the character's action and interaction with the world. As I said in a previous post, there's often a tendency to post a line of speech as a PCs 'turn' - not going to be able to do that ;)

fireinthedust

Explorer
Alright!

Concerning my Ability to post: I am a high schooler,

Wait, what?! But your picture shows you're an Old Man! I suppose that, during 300 lives of men you were too busy to go to school? Or were you Istari homeschooled?

sblock=Un-named Assassin

No way! You are having a name, good sir. I had an experience with a PC Warforged artificer with no name. No! Or I'll give you a name, many names, and none of them dignified! (Willis, Lance, Julian, Bonobo, Captain Planet, Mister Majestic... basically cat names...)

@Unicorns: I'm rolling up stats for vicious barbarian baby unicorns right now. Hundreds of them. All epic level, just for that. And their Epic overlord will be a Gungan.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Traits: Let's start with what we have. I'm new to this, and I'm not looking to make things more complicated. I want, for example, to know whether or not you folks will incinerate a BBEG in one shot before I throw over bonus stuff.
For me, I took traits that gave me a +1 bonus to a few skills and allowed me to add two skills as class skills, both very fitting to my character concept. Take a look-see.

Also, do keep in mind that if you are not comfortable with running PC's with high levels of power, don't let us roll randomly - go stat buy. You can never go wrong with stat buy for characters. With a standard 25 pt buy, characters all pretty much end up looking very similar but at least they're not uber. ;)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Also, would it be possible to get a list of the current characters and a general idea of what they do? (Example: Melee, Archer, Healer, that kind of stuff)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
herobizkit said:
Also, would it be possible to get a list of the current characters and a general idea of what they do? (Example: Melee, Archer, Healer, that kind of stuff)
Keepiru is a healer, but also carries around a sap he'll use for most combats. I like disabling opponents with non-lethal damage because it is much easier to get information out of a live person/creature/barbarianunicorn. The starknife can be thrown a very short distance, so I'll have to make the shot worth it. He's got a good movement rate thanks to the travel domain so I'll be moving around the battlefield a lot. I think they call those skirmishers in 4e, but not sure since I only ever played 1 session of it. He's got a lot of skills spread around but not a lot of points in any one skill.

Very nice intro Grufflehead, I like the alternate way to present a backstory!

grufflehead

First Post
I like the alternate way to present a backstory!

Inspired by your own wonderful background, I have to say.

I took a dash of this (FitD saying he liked folklore and stories), a pinch of that (Sindri and Ragnor's offer to have learnt the sign language to communicate with Renya), mixed in a little of the other (Sir Angus is going to do something heroic at some stage, I can tell), and then topped it off with a sprinkling of your own story.

That hag certainly gets around ;)

As far as party role for Renya (sorry for not posting stats, I spent so long writing the background it was late at night), I'm open to changing her to complement the party. As written currently, she's gone down the Whirlwind Attack line with a Glaive, and also has Stand Still. She won't keep up with either Sir Angus or our friendly 'troll' for damage output, but she can control areas quite well (I was going to take Trip but I spotted someone else had it) - even better if Enlarged and I did see that on somebody's spell list. Neither AC nor HP are brilliant, but she can function quite well as a 'defender' type fighter, keeping attacks off someone else, which might come in useful in our current situation.

However, I am conscious of the fact that between the 2 aforementioned characters, plus our Inquisitor (and our sorcerous chum too I guess) the party are heavy on melee already. So, when I get home I will investigate making some changes to see how she might work as a missile user. My biggest problem with that is I just don't see a dwarf with a bow, and as we all know, bows *are* the only missile weapon worth a handful of boiled snow in D20 based games...

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
*looks down and sighs*

OK, I will name him: Julius. We're reading Julius Caesar (Shakespeare) in English right now, so I'll go with Julius.

Archer primarily, and lockpicker, trapfinder/buster

And yes. With all the time I had to save-the-world-from-Sauron, stop-Saruman, help-the-ents, I had no time for school, so I'm catching up now.

grufflehead

First Post
@GandalfMithrandir

If you are happy to take on the missile user role then I'll leave you to it. Might want to think about taking Precise Shot though - with your attack bonus the -4 for firing into melee is going to be a serious hindrance.

GlassEye

Adventurer
OK, I thought I'd try something a little different for my backstory. <snip>

Certainly different but nicely entertaining. I kept waiting for that crone to do something suitably unpleasant. There's more to that story, I just know it... lol

The Sindri/Jack combo is Melee. Sindri can also provide some arcane buffs and, of course, summons.

grufflehead

First Post
OK, here's what I have stats-wise (using the 'common' stat array). Edited to reflect making her human

She's surprisingly strong for one so slim, but she is very dogged and determined once she sets her mind on something.

Code:
  Name: Renya                        Age: 22
 Class: Monk 2/Fighter 4          Height: 5'7"
  Race: Human                     Weight: 135#
  Size: M                           Hair: Red
 Align: LN                          Skin: Pale

Str: 16/+3         Level: 6           XP: 15000 
Dex: 15/+2           BAB: +5          HP: 56
Con: 15/+2           CMB: +8         ACP: -5
Int: 16/+3           CMD: 20 (24)     DR: -
Wis: 18/+4         Speed: 20 (30)     SR: -
Cha: 10/            Init: +2    Spell DC: N/A

Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:              9     7     2           +4 vs some effects (Endurance)
 Ref:              6     4     2           
Will:              8     4     4           +1 vs fear 

AC:   Total  Base  Armor  Shld   Dex  Size   Def   Nat  Dodge  CExp   Touch   Flatfooted   Special
  Armoured:     22          +9      0     +2   0      0     0     +1   (+2)     13        20        +4 vs AoO
Unarmoured:     17           0      0     +2   0      0     0     +1   (+2)     17        14        +4 (WIS),  +4 vs AoO

Weapon:                 Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Glaive                    +8      1D10+4       20/x3       10' reach
Unarmed Strike            +8      1D6+3        20/x2       lethal/non-lethal

Languages: 

Common, Skald, Sign Language*

Racial Abilities:

+1 skill point per level   

Class Abilities:

+WIS bonus to AC and CMD when unarmoured
Flurry of blows
May do lethal or non-lethal damage with unarmed attacks
Stunning Fist 1/day DC 15
Evasion when unarmoured
Armour Training I (+1 max DEX, -1 ACP)
Bravery

Feats:
1 - Endurance
1 - Improved Unarmed Strike (MB)
1 - Dodge (MB)
1 - Combat Expertise (HB)
2 - Combat Reflexes (MB)
3 - Diehard
3 - Mobility (FB)
4 - Stand Still (FB)
5 - Spring Attack
6 - Whirlwind Attack (FB)

Skill Points: 34  (4+3/Lvl x2 + 2+3/Lvl x4 +6)

Skills                       Total   Rank     CS   Ability  Misc
Acrobatics*                     4      3       3       2     -4      
Appraise               
Bluff                  
Climb*                          4      1       3       4     -4 (+2)
Craft (Carpenter)*              7      1       3       3      
Diplomacy                      
Disable Device          
Disguise                   
Escape Artist*                  2      1       3       2     -4      
Fly          
Handle Animal*                  9      6       3       0                      
Heal                           10(12)  6               4    (+2)      
Intimidate *                
Knowledge (Arcana)      
Knowledge (Dungeoneering)*      
Knowledge (Engineering)*        
Knowledge (Geography)     
Knowledge (History)*            7      1       3       3      
Knowledge (Local)   
Knowledge (Nature)   
Knowledge (Nobility) 
Knowledge (Planes)
Knowledge (Religion)*           
Linguistics                     4      1               3
Perception*                    13      6       3       4     
Perform*     
Profession (Teamstress)*        8      1       3       4
Ride*                           6      1       3       2
Sense Motive*                  13      6       3       4                           
Sleight of Hand   
Spellcraft          
Stealth*                        2      1       3       2     -4  
Survival*                      13      6       3       4          
Swim*                           4      1       3       4     -4
Use Magic Device

*Class skills

Money
PP:        GP: 100     SP:       CP:   

Equipment                            Cost    Weight
Full Plate                           1500      50
Glaive                                  8      10