[pfrpg]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Color me interested as well. I LOVE the look of SelcSilverhand's stats as posted above:

STR 17, DEX 16, CON 16, INT 10, WIS 15, CHA 13

Gonna peek at the PF SRD and see what I can see.

[EDIT] Since no one's chosen one yet, I'd like to try a Human Ranger. I was going to go Halfling but we already have a short race. :)

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Color me interested as well. I LOVE the look of SelcSilverhand's stats as posted above:

STR 17, DEX 16, CON 16, INT 10, WIS 15, CHA 13

Gonna peek at the PF SRD and see what I can see.

Make sure you use the one I linked to. I only stumbled across it, and it has the Beta Playtest stuff for the new classes I mentioned.

I like the Gnome Summoner in the picture there, frankly, because the hat and mustache are pure win. That and a weird wormlike "eidolon" just look fun when Reynolds does them.

@Herobizkit: just be sure to link to the stats you rolled, or that you're using another player's.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@fireinthedust: Though I have chosen Ranger, is there any way you could be convinced to allow a monster huntin' Inquisitor? The pic alone caught my eye.

fireinthedust

Explorer
@fireinthedust: Though I have chosen Ranger, is there any way you could be convinced to allow a monster huntin' Inquisitor? The pic alone caught my eye.

nnnnghh, unnnnh.... I guess, though I have to admit I'm not in love with the class. Then again, you could have a fantastic character. Is it the mechanics that you like, or the picture?
With the stats, you can make a pretty good *anything*, and look like whatever you want. I think wide-brimmed hats are the bomb, frankly, so I see you on that one.
Go for it, but make sure it's the class itself that you like, not just the picture. Maybe roll an encounter with a monster and your PC, see if you like the feel of the mechanic. If yes, go for it. Know what I mean?

rangerjohn

Explorer
Work in Progress
using Sec Silverhands rolls

Ragnor Drakechild

Appearance: Ragnor is a tall, muscular man with blonde hair and ice blue eyes.
He is dressed in leathers and furs.

Backstory:Ragnor was exiled from the Lands of the Linorm Kings when his heritage manifested.

Race: Human (Ulfen)
Class: Barbarian 1 Sorcerer 4(favored) Dragon Disciple 1
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 220 lbs
Alignment: Neutral Good

Abilities:

Str: 16
Dex: 15
Con: 16
Int: 13
Wis: 10
Cha: 17 +1 4th level=18

AC: 14 (FF 12, Touch 12)
W/mage armor 18 (FF 16, touch 12)

HP: 12+4d6+1d12+18con+6toughness+4 favored class

Concentration Check:+8 +12 casting defensively
Rage: 6/day

Initiative: +6

Base Attack Bonus: +3

Speed: 40 ft

Saving Throws:
FOR: +7 (+2Barbarian+1 sorcerer+1dragon disciple+3con)
REF: +3 (+1 sorcerer +2 dex)
WIL: +5 (+4 sorcerer +1 dragon disciple )

Attacking:
CMB: +6

CMD: +8

Claws +6 1-6+3(+4 w/ arcane strike) magic vs DR
raging +8 1-6+5
MW greatsword +7 2d6 +4 (+5 w/ arcane strike)
raging +9 2d6+7

Skills:
Knowledge Arcana 6 ranks +3 cs +1 int =10
Acrobatics 1 rank +3 cs =4
Climb 1 rank +3 cs+2 str=6
Swim 1 rank +3 cs +2 str=6
Survival 1 rank +3 cs +1 wis=6
Profession Sailor 1 rank +3 cs +1 wis=6
Perception 5 ranks +3 cs +1 wis=9
Spellcraft 5 ranks +3 cs +1 int =9
Use Magic Device 5 ranks +3 cs +3cha=11
Intimidate 5 ranks +3 cs +3cha=11

Class Features:
All of the following are class features of the barbarian.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A barbarian is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).

Fast Movement (Ex): A barbarian's land speed is faster than the norm for her race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when she is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor, and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn. This bonus stacks with any other bonuses to the barbarian's land speed.

Rage (Ex): A barbarian can call upon inner reserves of strength and ferocity, granting her additional combat prowess. Starting at 1st level, a barbarian can rage for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + her Constitution modifier. At each level after 1st, she can rage for 2 additional rounds. Temporary increases to Constitution, such as those gained from rage and spells like bear's endurance, do not increase the total number of rounds that a barbarian can rage per day. A barbarian can enter rage as a free action. The total number of rounds of rage per day is renewed after resting for 8 hours, although these hours do not need to be consecutive.

While in rage, a barbarian gains a +4 morale bonus to her Strength and Constitution, as well as a +2 morale bonus on Will saves. In addition, she takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase to Constitution grants the barbarian 2 hit points per Hit Dice, but these disappear when the rage ends and are not lost first like temporary hit points. While in rage, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

A barbarian can end her rage as a free action and is fatigued after rage for a number of rounds equal to 2 times the number of rounds spent in the rage. A barbarian cannot enter a new rage while fatigued or exhausted but can otherwise enter rage multiple times during a single encounter or combat. If a barbarian falls unconscious, her rage immediately ends, placing her in peril of death.

All of the following are class features of the sorcerer.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Sorcerers are proficient with all simple weapons.

Spells/day 7 1st, 4 2nd

Spells Known:
Cantrips: Dancing Lights,Prestidigitation, Detect Magic,

Blood of Dragons: A dragon disciple adds his level to his sorcerer levels when determining the powers gained from his bloodline. If the dragon disciple does not have levels of sorcerer, he instead gains bloodline powers of the draconic bloodline, using his dragon disciple level as his sorcerer level to determine the bonuses gained. He must choose a dragon type upon gaining his first level in this class and that type must be the same as his sorcerer type. This ability does not grant bonus spells to a sorcerer unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level. Such bonus spells are automatically granted if the sorcerer gains spell slots of the spell's level.

Natural Armor Increase (Ex): As his skin thickens, a dragon disciple takes on more and more of his progenitor's physical aspect. At 1st, 4th, and 7th level, a dragon disciple gains an increase to the character's existing natural armor (if any), as indicated on Table: Dragon Disciple. These armor bonuses stack.

Ability Boost (Ex): As a dragon disciple gains levels in this prestige class, his ability scores increase as noted on Table: Dragon Disciple. These increases stack and are gained as if through level advancement.

Bloodline Feat: Upon reaching 2nd level, and every three levels thereafter, a dragon disciple receives one bonus feat, chosen from the draconic bloodline's bonus feat list.

Dragon Bite (Ex): At 2nd level, whenever the dragon disciple uses his bloodline to grow claws, he also gains a bite attack. This natural attack is made at the dragon disciple's full base attack bonus. The dragon disciple adds 1–1/2 times his Strength modifier on damage rolls made with his bite. Upon reaching 6th level, this bite also deals 1d6 points of energy damage. The type of damage dealt is determined by the dragon disciple's bloodline.

Breath Weapon (Su): At 3rd level, a dragon disciple gains the breath weapon bloodline power, even if his level does not yet grant that power. Once his level is high enough to grant this ability through the bloodline, the dragon disciple gains an additional use of his breath weapon each day. The type and shape of the breath weapon depends on the type of dragon selected by the dragon disciple, as detailed under the Draconic sorcerer bloodline description.

Blindsense (Ex): At 5th level, the dragon disciple gains blindsense with a range of 30 feet. Using nonvisual senses the dragon disciple notices things he cannot see. He usually does not need to make Perception checks to notice and pinpoint the location of creatures within range of his blindsense ability, provided that he has line of effect to that creature.

Any opponent the dragon disciple cannot see still has total concealment against him, and the dragon disciple still has the normal miss chance when attacking foes that have concealment. Visibility still affects the movement of a creature with blindsense. A creature with blindsense is still denied its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class against attacks from creatures it cannot see. At 10th level, the range of this ability increases to 60 feet.

Dragon Form (Sp): At 7th level, a dragon disciple can assume the form of a dragon. This ability works like form of the dragon I. At 10th level, this ability functions as form of the dragon II and the dragon disciple can use this ability twice per day. His caster level for this effect is equal to his effective sorcerer levels for his draconic bloodline. Whenever he casts form of the dragon, he must assume the form of a dragon of the same type as his bloodline.

Wings (Su): At 9th level, a dragon disciple gains the wings bloodline power, even if his level does not yet grant that power. Once his level is high enough to grant this ability through the bloodline, the dragon disciple's speed increases to 90 feet.

Feats:
Eschew Materials(b), Improved Iniative, arcane strike, combat casting

Equipment:

Explorers outfit

Carrying Capacity:
Light Load:
Med Load:
Heavy Load:

Languages:
Common
Shoanti

Money:

2000gp

XP:

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Go for [the Inquisitor], but make sure it's the class itself that you like, not just the picture. Maybe roll an encounter with a monster and your PC, see if you like the feel of the mechanic. If yes, go for it. Know what I mean?
I do, and all I meant by the pic was that it was enough to make me read the rest, which is pure awesome - a ranger, rogue, and cleric all in one. Pathfinder has SASSY new classes. ;)

And thanks for letting me choose the class. :)

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Also: Fair warning: I want to see the stats in character. I'm thinking three 16+ stats and no 9- is high. I may bump one 16 down to a 14, or the 17 to a 16. If the stats are *too* sick, that is, which they may not be.
Those are pretty sweet stats, though.

...okay, maybe it's because *I* want to play with them. :D

Moan.

Seriously, though, I usually aim for two 16s and a 15, with the others average or low (10ish). If you guys as a party want them, I can't really begrudge you that. However, I will be pulling out the stops if this is the case. Every +1 you have there is effectively a magic item or level; and it affects everything you do with that stat (jumping, swimming, damage, attacks, etc.). That with standard magic item gain means you'll be doing that much better for yourselves and your group.
I may have to research horrific new perils (which I suppose 3e has aplenty), but I will find them. (mean GM chuckle)

@Selc: Since you're the first player who's prepared to go right now, I've been reading up on Varisia. I only have a few of the adventures in the area, but it seems to be the most fleshed-out area of Golarion so far. Would your PC have gone through the ?

Is there a map of the nations out there? I want to know where Andoran ends and Varisia and Cheliax begin, that sort of thing. Y'know, get a feel for crossover and trade.

fireinthedust

Explorer
@Rangerjohn: great, but we only need the basic stats (ie: numbers, description, history).

@Herobizkit: ugh, fine! :D

@stats: Um, yeah: given humans being able to bump any one stats by +2 (ditto halfeys, and every other race besides), and the +1 stat bump at level 4, I think having 17, 16, 16, 15, 13, 10 is a little too good as the base array. Knock that 15 down to 12, thanks. Or make the two 16s 15, I leave it to you.
Sorry. Just doing the math here.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Fireinthesky: I'll do ya six better - I'll knock 'em all down by one. :)

My array: 16, 15, 15, 14, 12, 9

Least I could do for allowing me to use, quite probably, the third class I'd ever consider taking 20 levels in (besides Monk and Bard).

Of course, you could just see my stat roll and laugh yourself silly. :)

Stats
STR 11, DEX 16, CON 13, INT 16, WIS 17, CHA 13

Hur hur hur.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm thinking I'm going to stick with the stats that I rolled. The 6 is kinda low but I think it gives me something to play off of; a personality development sort of thing. And if I get more than five minutes at a time to work on this then I'll get my background up. Soon, I hope.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases