[pfrpg]

rangerjohn

Explorer
As for going dragon disciple it means embracing your dragon heritage. I saw the character as doing that. After all he has had to abandon his culture, the devotion he would have had for family and clan has turned inward to his roots.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
unnamed Human Inquisitor

ab -- Male Human Inquisitor, 6
CR 6; Lawful Neutral Medium Humanoid; HD 8d6
HP 36; *Init +5 ; Spd 30'
Deity: Abadar

*Cunning Initiative adds Wis mod to Initiative checks.

AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-Footed 14
Chain Shirt, +4 AC, -2 Check Penalty

Base Atk +4; CMB +7, CMD 19
Melee sickle +6 or +4/+4 (1d6+2; x2) or
Melee quarterstaff +6 or +4/+4 (1d6+2; x2) or
Ranged longbow +6 (1d8; x3)

Abilities Str 14 (+2), Dex 15 (+2), Con 10 (+0), Int 16 (+3), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 17 (+3)
Saves Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +8

Skills (all at 9 ranks + stat mods)
Diplomacy +12, **Intimidate +15, *Know Arcana +12, *Know Nature +12, *Know Nobility +13, *Know Religion +13, Perception +12, **Sense Motive +15, Spellcraft +12, Use Magic Device +13.

Child of the Temple trait adds +1 to Know Nobility and Know Religion, and Know Nobility becomes a class skill.
Dangerous Curiosity
trait adds +1 to Use Magic Device, and UMD becomes a class skill.
* Monster Lore adds +3 Wis mod to checks made to ID monsters and their weaknesses.
** Stern Gaze adds +3 morale bonus (1/2 level) to these checks.

Feats Two-Weapon Fighting, Double Slice, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Precise Strike (teamwork bonus feat)

Languages Common + 3

Class Abilities: Nobility Domain, Judgment, Monster Lore, Orisons, Stern Gaze, Cunning Initiative, Detect Alignment (law, chaos, good, evil at will), Track (Survival +6), Solo Tactics (treat allies as having teamwork feat), Teamwork Feat (2), Bane (6 rounds/day), Discern Lies (6 rounds/day)

[sblock=Nobility Domain 6/day, 3 rnd dur]Inspiring Word (Sp): As a standard action, you can speak an inspiring word to a creature within 30 feet. That creature receives a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum 1). You can use this power a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.[/sblock][sblock=Judgment 2/day]Starting at 1st level, an inquisitor can pronounce judgment upon her foes as a swift action. Starting when the judgment is made, the inquisitor receives a bonus or special ability based on the type of judgment made. The bonuses granted by the judgment continue to improve on following rounds, reaching a maximum bonus that lasts until the judgment ends.

At 1st level, an inquisitor can use this ability once per day. At 4th level and every three levels thereafter, the inquisitor can use this ability one additional time per day. Once activated, this ability lasts until the combat ends, at which point all of the bonuses immediately end. The inquisitor must participate in the combat to gain these bonuses. If she is frightened, panicked, paralyzed, stunned, unconscious, or otherwise prevented from participating in the combat, the ability does not end, but all of the bonuses reset to those granted on the first round until she can participate in the combat again.

When the inquisitor uses this ability, she must select one type of judgment to make. As a swift action, she can change this judgment to another type, but doing so resets the bonus granted to those granted on the first round.

• Destruction: The inquisitor is filled with divine wrath, gaining a +1 sacred bonus on all weapon damage rolls. This bonus increases by +1 each round after the first, to a maximum of +3 on the third and following rounds. At 10th level, all of these bonuses are doubled (+2 on the first round, +4 on the second, and so on).
  • Healing: The inquisitor is surrounded by a healing light, gaining Fast Healing 1. This causes the inquisitor to heal 1 point of damage each round as long as the inquisitor is alive and the judgment lasts. The amount of healing increases by 1 point of damage each round after the first, to a maximum of 3 points of damage on the third and following rounds. At 10th level, the amount of healing doubles (2 hp on the first round, 4 on the second, and so on).
  • Justice: The judgment spurs the inquisitor to seek justice, granting a +1 sacred bonus on all attack rolls. This bonus increases by +1 each round after the first, to a maximum of +3 on the third and following rounds. At 10th level, the bonus is doubled on all attack rolls made to confirm critical hits.
  • Piercing: The judgment gives the inquisitor great focus and makes her spells more potent. This grants a +1 sacred bonus on Concentration checks and caster level checks made to overcome a target’s spell resistance. This bonus increases by +1 each round after the first to a maximum of +3 on the third and following rounds. At 10th level, all of these bonuses are doubled (+2 on the first round, +4 on the second, and so on).
  • Protection: The inquisitor is surrounded by a protective aura, granting a +1 sacred bonus to armor class. This bonus increases by +1 each round after the first, to a maximum of +3 on the third and following rounds. At 10th level, the bonus is doubled against attack rolls made to confirm critical hits against you.
  • Purity: The inquisitor is protected from the vile taint of her foes, gaining a +1 sacred bonus on all saving throws. This bonus increases by +1 each round after the first, to a maximum of +3 on the third and following rounds. At 10th level, the bonus is doubled against curses, diseases, and poisons.
  • Resiliency: The judgment makes the inquisitor resistant to harm, granting damage reduction 1/magic. This bonus increases to 2/magic on the second round, and 3/magic on the third and following rounds. At 10th level, this damage reduction changes from magic to an alignment (chaotic, evil, good, or lawful) that is opposite the inquisitor’s. If she is Neutral, the inquisitor does not receive this increase.
  • Resistance: The inquisitor is shielded by a flickering aura, gaining 2 points of energy resistance against one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) chosen when the judgment is declared. The protection increases by 2 each round after the first, to a maximum of 6 on the third and following rounds. At 10th level, the amount of protection increases to 5 on the first round, plus an additional 5 each round thereafter, to a maximum of 15 on the third and following rounds.
  • Smiting: The judgment bathes the inquisitor’s weapons in a divine light. This judgment provides no bonus on the first round. On the second round, the inquisitor’s weapons count as magic for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction. On the third and following rounds, the inquisitor’s weapons also count as one alignment type (chaotic, evil, good, or lawful) for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction. The type selected must match one of the inquisitor’s alignments. If the inquisitor is Neutral, she does not receive a bonus on the third round. At 10th level, on the third and following rounds, the inquisitor’s weapons also count as adamantine for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction (but not for reducing hardness).
[/sblock]Inquisitor Spells Known -- 6/4/4; DC 13 + Spell Level
Orisons (DC 13) -- create water, detect magic, detect poison, light, mending, stabilize
1st Level (DC 14) 5/Day – comprehend languages, cure light wounds, magic weapon, shield of faith
2nd Level (DC 15) 4/Day – calm emotions, cure moderate wounds, hold person, shatter

Possessions:

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Sorry for the delay: I had to repair my computer, and now I'm at work.

I have to say, after reading the PFC book I bought, and the bestiary encounters I crafted for the first few encounters, I am soooo jealous of you guys being able to play in this game. Just saying. B-)

Herobizkit: not sky, dust. FitD is also good. And I'm rather partial to Dungeon Master, like from the TV show, and if you go for option 3 I'll try to answer in the form of a cryptic riddle before vanishing while you and the rest of the party learns a valuable life lesson (go joe!).

Rangerjohn: ah. good link, nifty info, and it isn't in the core book but I like it. I'll keep it in mind. However, if you're straight sorcerer then you don't need it. Still, there you go.
I like the dragon disciple, actually. The whole bloodlines thing really seems to work for me, and makes Sorcerer something other than just a series of caster levels to add to outsiders/dragons.

Okay, so there's the question of how everyone knows each other that we should try to cover. I heard mercenary company, or caravan guards.

Personally, we can tie up loose ends by having you guys recruited at an Inn. Not in any dramatic way, but the Scholar could have gone up to you individually and said "hey, join up". Or, if we're talking about a pre-existing "band of brothers", that's also doable. If you have a name, fine; if not, also good.

So however he recruited you, the Scholar took you to a side room and said "I have this map, it leads to an item that I need. Please go in and get it for me, pleasepleaseplease and I'll pay you gold". We can RP this in a thread, if everyone's good, but that's the geist of it and I'd rather start with action.

In fact, that could explain why you each have so much starting gold handy. Up front cash, to prove that he's serious, and you can loot anything other than this item (though he calls dibs on special art objects related to his research, and would like to document anything you find for his records; but he's not in it for gold, just the historical information (which he can write up and publish, through pathfinder society or some other scholarly circle, and make a real living; which would let him hire more adventurers for more research, etc.). He's not an adventurer, and in fact you get the feeling his only other talent is expert bleeding/getting knocked unconscious.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Random question. Why do we have fun trying to put together all of the information on our character sheets? It drives me batty that I need several hours to put this thing together.

@fireinthedust and everyone, really: I'm all for having a pre-existing caravan/merchant/military/Band of Brothers mercenary-type group.

@fireinthedust specifically: My character concept is a city-based inquisitor who was a protector of the wealthy, being noble-esque himself (or at least from their inner circle). He also worships Abadar the Gold-Fisted. Do you know of a relevant city I might be from, and where I might find some inspirational reading about said city?

Added: For my character, I'd like to work in the idea that he was disgruntled with his former employer and/or city of employment. He's LN, so it could be that said city degenerated too far into corruption and he was ousted for not being a 'dirty cop'.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
My character is a professional caravan guard. So he could easily have meet the others on a previous job. Perhaps we had just been paid off and were having a quiet drink before looking for more work when the scholar found us and offered us work.

grufflehead

First Post
You're looking suspiciously full, fireinthedust - got as many as you can handle for now?

Funnily enough I generated a level 6 PC for another game that never started, so if you need an alternate (or can fit in 1 more now) let me know.

Have fun all!

*Bump*

I'll take the lack of response as meaning the game is full, but just in case you didn't see my post above...

GlassEye

Adventurer
Just gotta say I've seen Grufflehead's rp in another game and he would be an excellent addition. And FireintheDust hasn't really said yet if we're all in or if he's selecting a few of us or what. There's still a chance.

Characters proposed so far:
Rangerjohn - Ragnor Drakechild, Ulfen Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple
Selc Silverhand - Keepiru, Varisian Cleric of Desna
Ghostcat - Sir Angus de Gaunt, Taldan (?) Fighter
GandalfMithradir - Unnamed, Rogue/Assassin
Herobizkit - Unnamed, Inquisitor
GlassEye - Sindri Runfinngr, Ulfen Summoner (+Half-Jack, Eidolon 'Troll')

Hope to get Sindri's update posted today...

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Sorry I haven't posted for a while, my internet crashed for a bit, but I'm still here!

As for Alignment, I'm fine with leaving it blank.

My character will be up by Wednesday at the latest.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Oh, gosh I have no idea.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever been in a game (Player or DM) where someone didn't disappear within the first month or so. I tend to let in a few players, then people don't post and vanish (maybe embarassed they didn't post, so they don't suck it up and get back in the game; I mean, I care more that they're not posting than that they are, if that makes sense).

I'm hoping whoever does play is at least (at least!) good at chit chat. Key skill there, people. Also descriptions and keeping things interesting.

So yeah, post your character. I'll pick the ones that work best. Keep in mind that I'm going to consider what's good for the party, so I'll have basic roles in mind (ie: 4e style composition concerns; I don't want everyone bleeding out, but I also don't want a three-month combat vs. a monster no one can touch; and for sure I don't want a lone hero who takes on the universe while everyone else "watches in awe").
Are we all human, all male?

Y'know what? I want to get this sucker started. I'll pick at least five on Wednesday, and we'll start on Thursday-Friday. If everyone works well together, I might even bump it up to seven players. HOWEVER I don't want lag time, and I'll 'off" a few PCs if their players don't post. That on top of the foes who may simply munch on your bones in the course of this sucker as it is (oh ye Herobizkit-stat block PCs).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases