Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Nebten

First Post
OOC: It doesn't bother me. It's not like we are in an arms race against each other . . . are we?
In any case, go ahead and leave Dane out of the gold split.

So my figures are the following:
Equipment: 9325 gp
Gold Pieces: 987 gp
Total: 10,312 gp

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: Did Georg take the armor or anyone the amulet? I think Evo got the amulet, so if Georg took the armor (which looks right) and Dane the axe, than the 1500 should be split 2 ways (or 3 if we count Evo who dropped)? I'm just trying to reconcile the differing splits when Raiyek got an item. Not a huge deal.
OOC:
I'm not bothered either, 100 gp isn't going to make or break anything at this point.

[MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION]: As to catching us up and your math for that, it all looks and sounds good to me. And thank you. :) Using time gold amounts towards magic items or other rewards is fine by me (makes more sense than a pile of gold anyway).

One thing I'll mention is that the values you've calculated for the max are what wealth should be at the start of the given level. Just making sure you remember that, for example, a level 8 character with half of the XP needed to get to level 9 would have a max of 21,259 gp if he's received half of his level 8 treasure as well.

It looks like no one actually took the Amulet of Protection +2 from the giant barlgura fight. I guess we'll just assume Rurdev has it then? That's easiest for continuity and bookkeeping, unless someone wants it in particular.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Nope, no race, just trying for some consistency. Its fine either way, I just want to be fair. But LS is right, at this level, a few 100gp isn't a big deal.

So, sounds like:
- Dane: Berserker Waraxe +2, 1 Healing Potion, 100gp
- Hadrak: 600gp
- Georg: Shimmering Armor +2, 100gp
- Incarnation: 600gp, 1 Healing Potion
- Raiyek: Magic Cloak, 500gp

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Wait wait wait ... we're not in an arms race against each other?!?! :p

Anyway, after we raise the Warden (or the ritual fails) and the old man gives us all his shinies, it would be time to find a ship back to Daunton and the Warden's friends, then finish deciphering the books and documents we got from the Academy. Sound about right? Am I forgetting anything?[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Dane might have business with a female dwarf.... Assuming the Warden is back. Otherwise, the reception will be cooler..[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
OOC: Dane would request that we never bring up the whole "Warden died" business. After all that is old news, all in the past . . .
If the Warden asks, we could tell him he was just sleeping . . . in a temple . . . because of the sea-side location. Of course I'm sure that Incarnation would have something fatalistic to say and blow the whole thing out of the water. Damn cock-blocking robot.
But yah mi'Lord, that sounds 'bout right.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]A week, sorry for the long delay, but there was the long week-end here in Canada (Friday to Sunday).

And I had to make your loot list.[/SBLOCK]

Dane goes along the wall outside and the old man point out a place. "Dig there" It takes an hour of work before he finally get the buried chest out of the hole. He then goes to the corpse of Agent Grey and grab him. He carries it at the hole and just as he is about to throw it down, he finds out a medallion he had miss on the first search. Made of gold with a dark onyx, he grabs it before kicking the body into the hole and buried it once and for all.

Back into the house, the group continue to decipher everything they had, but for now, their is little the can make out of it and they decide to sleep on it, in hope something will come out of it.

When Dane awake in the morning, he finds Hadrak talking with the old man and the Warden. Hadrak looks like a zombie. He hasn't slept during the night.

"Good morning Dane." tells the Warden to the dwarf. "Could you go wake the other, we have matters to talk of."

Dane execute himself and fifteen minutes later, the group is sitting around a small table, with some coffee and some bread and cheese.

"First, I want to thank you all for what you have done. Carrying me out of the Jade empire and fighting Agent Grey as you did was no easy task. By finally defeating Agent Grey, we can put that chapter behind us, but before doing so, I think you'll want some more explanation. I will tell you what I know.

I have been the first pupil of Master Estergrin. The first pupil is the most promising apprentice of a master. I have been the last of them, but not the first. Master Estergrin never spoke about it, but his previous first pupil had left him. Rumors was numerous, but it seems some bad things have come into their relation and the pupil left promising to kill him.

From what I had heard, his previous last pupil was an ambitious Genasi, but today, I think otherwise. Agent Grey seems to be that pupil. The reason I think that is the sword Raiyek have in his hand. Agent's Grey sword come from a collection Master Estergrin had. Master Estergrin had collected the four sword of Kathaki Dreido. He gave me the fourth sword upon my leaving. His second sword had been stolen. He never told the circumstance, but I guess it was Agent Grey who took it before leaving.

It seems even with the death of my old Master, Agent Grey had not accomplish his vengeance. He wanted to put his name in the mud. He wanted to find a proof that Estergrin was conspiring against the Empire, which he never did. In his mad purpose, he lost all sense. The drows and goliaths you faced were Onis. It seems he has allied to an Oni cult.

By killing Agent Grey, you have done a great favor to the Jade Empire, sadly, Agent Grey political power was real, and he is probably right about our disgrace. I fear we are not anymore welcome in the Jade Empire. If the link between the cult and Agent Grey would be uncovered, we could clean our names, but we have more urgent matter at the moment. And I would like to know what you have found."

The old man stands. "But before that, I would like to add something. I am old, and I doubt I will see another summer. I could have died yesterday if it wasn't from your action. Something tells me you have something important to do, because of that, I want to give you something."

He walks up to a chest and open it. "I have been once an adventurer, like you. I have stash the gear I used during my adventuring days. But there is no chance today I come back to it. So, I would like to give you my equipment."

He grabs a chainmail out of the chest and an holy symbol and put it in front of Hadrak. The chainmail is of dwarven craftsmanship, sturdy and in good condition. The holy symbol has the form of an ankh. "As a carrier of the faith, the holy symbol is yours. The ankh is a symbol of life, and with this you'll be able to preserve the life of your friends. And the armor will make you more enduring than a dwarf."

He then takes out of the chest, a shield. The shield is finely decorated and a Ankh is finely engraved on it. "This shield also have been a good tools to defend myself and defend my friends." He walks to Raiyek and hand him the shield. "Takes it. Also, the sword of your enemy have dark powers, but nothing to corrupt you. You can safely keep it and make better use of it than the changeling did. Use it for good."

He then takes out of the chest a pair of leather boots. He hands it to Dane. "These boots have given me the grace of the finest duelist. I hope it might help you like it did for me. I've also taken a look at the medallion you took from the changeling. A ward is put on it to avenge him from anyone who would try to stab him. It will ward you too if you decide to keep it."

He takes out an amulet and a belt and gives it to Georg. "The amulet will be useful to you. Your enemies will have more difficulty to resist you powers. And the belt will ward you from harm at some times."

He takes out a dagger and some gloves. He hand it to Incarnation. "The gloves' magic will make your aim mush deadlier. And this dagger was a fine backup weapon. I think you'll never have to live what you suffer yesterday with such weapon in your possession."

He then takes out two bags. In the first, there is a large amount golds and platinium pieces. In the second, a few vial. "I hope you made good use of all that."

[SBLOCK=OOC]With all these items (and only the items), you'll be all near your max amount of treasure you should have for your level. The gold and potions will give you a little extra.

Please note I have chosen all these items with the following reason in my mind:

1) Make sense with the story to have those items around.
2) Useful to your character (not necessarily optimum, but useful)
3) Put your wealth to your level. I used my calculation, and you correction to know your current wealth.
4) At least one increase in your bonus to your Attack roll, AC or other defenses.

If you have any complain, I am open to discussion.

Dane
Evil Eye Fetish +2
Boots of Fencing Master

Georg
Amulet of Elegy +3
Stalwart Belt (Heroic)

Hadrak
Dwarven Braidmail +3
Symbol of Life +3

Incarnation
Hidden Blade +3
Sure Shot Glove

Raiyek
Vampiric Bastard Sword +2
Healer's Shield

Group (Split as you seems fit)
5000gp
Potion of Vitality x2
Unguent of Darkvision
Whetstone of Combustion
Lockburst Chalk

Note
The Rasie dead Ritual and 1000gp of Iridium where included in the group wealth, not to any personal wealth, even if Hadrak end with the Raise Dead Ritual. After all, Hadrak might be able to use it, but he will never use it on himself.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Okay, I am leveled up to 10... in D&D insiders. Incarnation is spending DM credit up to 11 or not?

Now to attack the daunting task of putting the wiki up to date...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases