Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation waits, not wanting to interrupt the Warden. Jadites were big on social ritual if he recalled correctly.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Wait . . . we gonna give dem our beer? Wat so great 'bout dat? Fine fortress, tou. Betta unda ground.

-''Just Vena's Love Lager. It has gone flat and Jadites don't like pronunced taste of hops. They probably can't tell if it's fresh or not and will just use it for holy water anyway!''

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
A few minutes pass and finally the gates open. Out strides, very slowly, another dragonborn. His scales are colored a dull brown and he wears robes of red and gold. While he doesn't appear to have aged like The Warden, he does walk with his back slightly arched forward. A fine sword rests on his hip.

Behind four youths walk rigidly, two humans, a dragonborn and a goliath. They each wear robes of orange and brown, and serious buy proud faces.

Once in clear view the leader motions for them to wait, and moves forward alone. The Warden steps off his mount and moves forward. They speak as they move toward each other. Those who do not understand the language gather that the mans name is Dumon. (maybe more if you want to make a roll)

[sblock=Tsugo]Warden: "Greetings and favor, Master Dumon."

Dumon: "Well met. How are your travels?"

Warden: It is good to see the land.

Dumon: It is good to see the people of the land.

Warden: It is. Interesting weather.

Dumon: Is it?

Warden: Signs of approaching storms.

Dumon: I haven't noticed.

Warden: It is difficult to see the what's past the horizon from you're front door.[/sblock]

A pause.

[sblock=More Tsugo]Dumon: You travel with foreigners.

Warden: Warriors, proven.

Dumon: In other lands.

Warden: In these lands, not far from here.

Domon: Finne Kateiro, serves as head Master.[/sblock]

The Warden is clearly disappointed. He adds in common, "I will see him, if he has time."

Dumon responds with a laugh, "Oh I'm sure he will." The two bow, first The Warden, then Dumon. They then embrace wrists and share a chuckle.

The Warden says, "When I return, I want to hear of your sword." The Warden walks away, toward the compound. Then Dumon turns to you.

"Have you had rice yet?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Do we have anyone that speaks Tsugo? I have a feeling we don't ;)

Insight (1d20+10=21) to try and figure out what the Warden and Dumon might be talking about.
Diplomacy (1d20+11=31) to get on Dumon's good side. Man, now I have to think up some better fluff ...[/sblock]As the Warden and Dumon are talking in their strange language, Raiyek respectfully stays quiet. He also pays close attention to the body language of each, as well as trying to read something from the tones of their voices, in the hope of getting an idea of what they are talking about.

When they finish with the Warden going to his meeting, Raiyek bows low before replying to Dumon, "An honour to meet you, Dumon. In fact we have not. It has been a long day on the road, with more than one unpleasant surprise. Might we be able to partake of your hospitality? I'm sure the Warden made mention of our last encounter, but we have not had the time to sit and discuss the significance; it would be my pleasure to do so with someone from this Academy."

stonegod

OOC: Insight 16

Incarnation gazes thoughtfully at the exchange. When the other dragonborn approaches, he keeps an eye on the Warden as he departs. When Dumon speaks, the warforged says simply, I do not eat.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Insight results for the Tsugo.

[sblock=Insight 16]The Warden and Dumon, speak very casually. Too casually. Something about the conversation is forced, wether out of respect, rank, or something else.

Neither one is actually as comfortable as they makes themselves appear to be.[/sblock]

[sblock=Insight 21]In the first conversation Dumon expressed disappointment in The Warden.

The Warden in turn expressed his disregard for something, but it didn't seem targeted at Dumon himself. Still Dumon took some offense.

In the second conversation, Dumon made some kind of accusation and The Warden responded with pride.

Dumon then gave the Warden news he knew The Warden would not like.[/sblock]

Master Dumon seems pleased with Riayek's response, and looks at him when speaking, not looking at the others.

"Yes, we are not so barbaric as to turn away those who defend our people. Come, we shall get you something from our kitchen and perhaps some clean bandages."

He turns and starts to walk back into the compound.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg listens intently to the flow of the conversation, noting the foreign body language as well as meaningful looks. Georg follows Dumon and speaks to his fellow dwarves in their native tongue while Raiyek walks ahead.

[sblock=dwarven] There is disagreement between our guide and host, but they maintain politeness anyway. I fear there is trouble, from without that we encountered but also within.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Insight 1d20+9=28
Give me a while and I can comprehend languages! Bah, waste of components.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Incarnation follows without comment, but his eyes are everywhere. He lets the language of his hosts and his companions wash over him without comment. His hood remains up; even here, the mark of the Fire Mage could cause comment.

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
Dane looks as if he is about to say something, then closes his mouth to keep the "delicate bridges" currently laid from breaking. He'll follow along but whispering to his kin-folk.

[sblock=Dwarven] As long as they provide food without a dinner knife in the back, I'll be happy. I wonder why the Warden has to go to a place where he is not welcome. The need must be great. [/sblock]

Remove ads