Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Water]Not that it is pertinent right now, but I don't think warforged can drown: "You never make Endurance checks to resist the effect of starvation, thirst, or suffocation." Just want to be sure on that for later. :)

Just need Rurdev so the enemies can go. Then its my turn. :devil:[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=stonegod]Yeah you don't have to worry about drowning. In fact, if you'd like, I'll let you simply walk under water where it's deep. Still difficult terrain, but you only have to roll Athletics against the current if you end your turn in deep water.[/sblock]

Dane pats off the eletrical burns off his new armor and his face scrunches up with rage.

If yah didn't like mi sing, just say.
Cova' mi, dwaf gonna in!

Dane charges for the river bank as fast as his stubby, beat up legs can take him then bounds across the river to the otherside. He lets out an ARG! as his arms and legs flail in the air. It is an ugly sight to see. But he lands on the otherside and scampers around the rock where the h'ork is.

He spys a hobgoblin on the other side of the rock, wielding two scimitars and leather armor. He quickly blocks Dane's path and slices done on the dwarf's shield.

[sblock=Actions] Double run. Jump L11 to Q15. End movement at R17.
Athletics (Jump) (1d20+9=29)
I like the new mapping system. Nice upgrade ;).

**Thanks. I stole the map and made some minor edits. Don't worry, my lovely artistic skills will appear later.

However, I don't quite understand how you got that far without moving through the large boulder. I'm placing you at R16 since the hobgoblin moves anyway.

Held Action from Hobgoblin. Move and attack Dane. 14 vs AC, Miss**[/sblock]

Georg grunts and he draws in a breath, holds it and yanks out the arrow. He moves towards a boulder and conjures a large ball of flame across the river. It rolls into the side of the half-orc, burning the creature and threatening with its intense heat. The half-orc yowls in pain. Be careful, there may be more of them! He moves for cover behind the boulder

[sblock=mechanics] A crit :( Well can't use my shield or staff there, but note them in my mini-stats Scorpius. Maybe I can kill the ones on the other side, even if it uses up my daily :)

**noted**

Minor: Second Wind (Heals 10 and gives me Rune Scribed Soul +1/+4)
Standard: Flaming Sphere in O18 1d20+9=22 (vs Half-Orc Ref) for 2d6+10=14 fire damage. Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 1d4+6=7 fire damage
Move: Walk to G12
[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------

Initiative

Round 1

21; Rurdev; E8; 51/51
18; George; G12; 32/40 +5 thp; Rune Scribed Soul +1/+4; Acted
18; Hadrak; J11; 45/52; +1 to defenses TENT; Acted
17; Raiyek; H6; 56/56; Acted
9; Dane; R16; 52/60; Acted
9; Enemies
Half-orc; P17; 9/38 hp; Bloodied
Wizard; U5;
Hobgoblin; R17;
7; Incarnation; C6; 45/53

Stats

Half-Orc
R 15

[sblock=Map]
River03.png
[/sblock]

Flaming Sphere: O18; Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 7 fire damage

Boulders and trees block line of sight. They also can give cover. Athletics 15 to climb. Climbing a tree gives you cover. Being in top of a rock gives cover if you crouch or go prone.

The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.

All water square are considered difficult terrain and require two movement per square even with a successful Athletics check.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Flaming sphere, already? Uh?]That's... bold. Hope we won't miss it later![/sblock]

[sblock=DM]I forgot about my brand new Restful Bedroll. It grants me 1d8 temporary HP at the beginning of the adventuring day (refresehed only after an extended rest, so we won't have to worry about it for a few months. ;) )

Restful bedroll (1d8=1)

Wee! 1 thp! So effectively, Hadrak should be down to 45/52 hp instead of 44.

Man, what a good investment!
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=flaming sphere] Hey, I didn't think anyone could make the jump in one round (crit?) though now I see the diagonals... Though I am the only one with 1 daily now that I think about it. Don't worry, I have very flexible At Will and Encounters with Enlarge Spell[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev is quick to act against the enemies. The shifter pulls out his new axe and rushes towards the water. The shifter leaps into the air, landing easily on the other bank of the river and hews into the half-orc, leaving a bloody wound in his midsection.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Draw axe
Move: Move to K13.
Standard: Charge to O16: Athletics, Attack with Marauder's Rush: Athletics to jump; Marauder's rush. (1d20+12=26, 1d20+11=24, 1d10+8=12) That should kill the half orc[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Rurdev - Male Shifter Ranger 5
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:18, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP: 51/51, Bloodied:25, Surge Value:12, Surges Left:8/8
Resist 10 Force
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Twin Strike
Marauder's rush
Disruptive Strike
Off-Hand Strike
Yield Ground
Longtooth Shifting
Blood Fury Battleaxe
Jaws of the Wolf
Snarling Wolf Stance
Brooch of Shielding
Lightning Battleaxe
[/sblock]

stonegod

OOC: Baddies then me now! bwahahaha!

Edit: apparently I'm silly in the morning when there is a tornado watch.

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
]Rurdev is quick to act against the enemies. The shifter pulls out his new axe and rushes towards the water. The shifter leaps into the air, landing easily on the other bank of the river and hews into the half-orc, leaving a bloody wound in his midsection. The half-orc topples into the dirt.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Draw axe
Move: Move to K13.
Standard: Charge to O16: Athletics, Attack with Marauder's Rush: Athletics to jump; Marauder's rush. (1d20+12=26, 1d20+11=24, 1d10+8=12) That should kill the half orc

**It does.**[/sblock]

Suddenly, a large human, covered in hides, leaps from a tree, wielding a large axe in one hand. He lands on one of the boulders with a howl before sprinting toward Incarnation.

As if on cue a female sword wielder comes out from behind another she slips into place next to George bringing the sword down on the dwarf who just manages to dodge. Up close her skin seems rough with a tinge of green. She smiles, revealing fangs, before her body things, and neck extends turning into a large snake in moments.

The hobgoblin slashes at Dane but misses again. The wizard moves forward on the bank and another hobgoblin, also bearing two swords follows him. The old man launches a bolt of magic at Rurdev, hitting the shifter. His companion moves past and charges Dane, cutting him across the back.

[sblock=ooc]
Barbarian moves from B22, running over the rock, to C7.

Wereserpent moves from F16 to F12, around the rock. Attacks George with scimitar. 18 vs AC, Miss
Polymorph into Crushgrip Constrictor.

Wizard recharges: 1. Fail
Moves to S10.
Magic Missile vs Rurdev. 27 vs Reflex, 15 force damage.

Hobgoblin 1 attacks Dane. 13, vs AC, Miss.

Hobgoblin 2 moves from V3 to S9. Charges to R15. Attacks Dane. 25 vs AC, 11 damage.[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------

Initiative

Round 1

21; Rurdev; E8; 36/51; Acted
18; George; G12; 32/40 +5 thp; Rune Scribed Soul +1/+4; Acted
18; Hadrak; J11; 45/52; +1 to defenses TENT; Acted
17; Raiyek; H6; 56/56; Acted
9; Dane; R16; 41/60; Acted
9; Enemies
Wizard; U5;
Hobgoblin 1; R17;
Hobgoblin 2; R15;
Barbarian; C7;
Wereserpent; F12;
7; Incarnation; C6; 45/53

Round 2

21; Rurdev;
18; George;
18; Hadrak;
17; Raiyek;
9; Dane;

Stats

Half-Orc
R 15

[sblock=Map]
River04.png
[/sblock]

Flaming Sphere: O18; Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 7 fire damage

Boulders and trees block line of sight. They also can give cover. Athletics 15 to climb. Climbing a tree gives you cover. Being in top of a rock gives cover if you crouch or go prone.

The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.

All water square are considered difficult terrain and require two movement per square even with a successful Athletics check.

stonegod

The warforged cooly regards his assailiant as he moves into action. With his left hand, he twists and pulls, casting a pall over the barbarian. With the right, he flicks his hand open, and from a compartment in his plating, an ebony rod extends, burning with dark magic. The secrets of defense are mine now; you will pay for the mistake of confronting me. The flames sere the warrior's flesh, with the promise of more to come.[sblock=Actions]Minor to curse barbarian; minor to retrieve rod; Hellish Rebuke: Ref 29; 17 fire and 1d6+5 more if Incarnation takes more damage. No OA due to armor.[/sblock][sblock=Incarnation]Incarnation—Male Warforged Infernal Warlock 5
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 43/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 11/11
+2 save vs. ongoing damage
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Hellish Rebuke

Fiery Bolt
Chains of Levistus

Tyrannical Threat
Tyranny of Flames

Warforged Resilience
Shadowdance Leather Armor +1 (daily)
Spidersilk Mantle +1 (encounter)
Prison of Salzacas (encounter)

Full character sheet - http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Incarnation_(stonegod)[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, at least I don't have to clear the river now.

Raiyek examines the strange serpent creature for a moment as he readies his shield, then draws his sword and moves to flank the giant snake with Georg. "There will be no swallowing my friends today, serpent," the paladin declares as he bathes his sword in softly glowing golden radiance and thrusts it into the wereserpent's coils.
[sblock=Actions]So these guys all beat passive perception 22 eh? Sneaky sneaky ;)

Knowledge check on wereserpent: Nature (1d20+7=11). Yeah, that's not gonna get much.

Standard: ready shield.
Minor: draw sword.
Move: to E12
AP: Piercing Smite vs. wereserpent: 1d20+10+2=30 vs. Ref, 2d10+4=9 damage, and it's marked by me til end of my next turn.[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 5
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 20; Low-light vision
AC:24, Fort:17, Reflex:18, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP: 56/56, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:15, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Paladin's Judgment
Arc of Vengeance

Woundstitch Powder
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.

http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Raiyek_Meliam_(Lord_Sessadore)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases