Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Erm ... I think Raiyek's pretending to be Tristan ... :erm:

I'll fix that, thanks for the catch. :)

EDIT: Aw, look what you did to my damage. :( Haha.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The warforged cooly regards his assailiant as he moves into action. With his left hand, he twists and pulls, casting a pall over the barbarian. With the right, he flicks his hand open, and from a compartment in his plating, an ebony rod extends, burning with dark magic. The secrets of defense are mine now; you will pay for the mistake of confronting me. The flames sere the warrior's flesh, with the promise of more to come.

[sblock=Actions]Minor to curse barbarian; minor to retrieve rod; Hellish Rebuke: Ref 29; 17 fire and 1d6+5 more if Incarnation takes more damage. No OA due to armor.

**Hit**[/sblock]

Well, at least I don't have to clear the river now.

Raiyek examines the strange serpent creature for a moment as he readies his shield, then draws his sword and moves to flank the giant snake with Georg. "There will be no swallowing my friends today, serpent," the paladin declares as he bathes his sword in softly glowing golden radiance and thrusts it into the wereserpent's coils.

[sblock=Actions]So these guys all beat passive perception 22 eh? Sneaky sneaky ;)

**Yes, actually. Curious eh?**

Knowledge check on wereserpent: Nature (1d20+7=11). Yeah, that's not gonna get much.

[sblock=wereserpent knowledge]Like werewolves and wererats, there are varying degrees to which these creatures have control over their actions and abilities. However, most were serpents don't spread heir curse through biting, but rather gain their abilities through dangerous rituals.[/sblock]

Standard: ready shield.
Minor: draw sword.
Move: to E12
AP: Piercing Smite vs. wereserpent: 1d20+10+2=30 vs. Ref, 2d10+4=9 damage, and it's marked by me til end of my next turn.

**hit**[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------

Initiative

Round 2

21; Rurdev; E8; 36/51;
18; George; G12; 32/40 +5 thp; Rune Scribed Soul +1/+4;
18; Hadrak; J11; 45/52; +1 to defenses TENT;
17; Raiyek; E12; 56/56; Acted
9; Dane; R16; 41/60;
9; Enemies
Wizard; U5;
Hobgoblin 1; R17;
Hobgoblin 2; R15;
Barbarian; C7; -17 hp
Wereserpent; F12; -9 hp; Marked
7; Incarnation; C6; 45/53

Stats

Barbarian
R 21
Wereserpent
R 18

[sblock=Map]
River05.png
[/sblock]

Flaming Sphere: O18; Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 7 fire damage

Boulders and trees block line of sight. They also can give cover. Athletics 15 to climb. Climbing a tree gives you cover. Being in top of a rock gives cover if you crouch or go prone.

The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.

All water square are considered difficult terrain and require two movement per square even with a successful Athletics check.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg barely looks towards the female concentrating on keeping his ball of chaotic flame under control. It rolls towards a hobgoblin and scorches the creature from behind. Aye Raiyek, she might have bit off more than she can chew!

[sblock=OOC]
Knowledge Nature 1d20+9=11 (we are cursed LS!)
Move: Flaming Sphere to Q14
Standard: Attack Hobgoblin with Sphere 1d20+8=24 vs Reflex for 2d6+6=13 fire damage
Minor: Maintain Sphere
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Staff of Defense (if any defense hit by less than 4) and Shield (if AC/Ref hit by less than 4)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 19 NAD:17/17/17
HP: 32/40 Surges: 9/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:9 Dex:13 Wis:15 Con:18 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
At Will - Winged Horde, Thunderwave, Cantrips
Encounter: Burning Hands, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Staff of Defense, Shield
Daily: Flaming Sphere, Staff of Fiery Might, Cloak of Resistance

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev smiles as the wizard launches the force missle at him. His amulet glows and projects an opposing force at the magic, just knocking the wind out of him. Sucking air, Rurdev dodges to the side as the flaming sphere rolls past him. Seeing the area open, the shifter darts out into the open and sees Dane assaulted by the hobgoblins. His instincts take over and the shifter focuses on the hobgoblin looking for weaknesses in it's fighting techniques. The ranger charges the creature but his eagerness is his downfall and the creature was ready for him.

[sblock=Actions/ooc]
Rurdev's amulet gives him resist force 10, so he'll only take five damage from the wizard.

Move: Move to R20
Minor: Quarry hobbo at R17.
Standard: Charge with marauder's rush: charge hobbo at R17 with marauder's rush and quarry. (1d20+13=15, 1d10+8+1d6=15)Miss.

Immediate Interrupt: Disrupting strike: If hobbo attacks me or Dane and will hit by 5 or less, I'll use disrupting strike: CRIT: disruptive strike if hitting me or dane by 5 or less with quarry. (1d20+12=32, 1d10+5=8, 1d6=3). Hopefully that is not a wasted CRIT. crit die (1d8=3)
That would be a total of 24 damage if it applies, and the hobbo will then miss.(-6 to hit then)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats; AC is currently 20, reflex is 16]
Rurdev - Male Shifter Ranger 5
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:18, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP: 46/51, Bloodied:25, Surge Value:12, Surges Left:8/8
Resist 10 Force
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Twin Strike
Marauder's rush
Disruptive Strike
Off-Hand Strike
Yield Ground
Longtooth Shifting
Blood Fury Battleaxe
Jaws of the Wolf
Snarling Wolf Stance
Brooch of Shielding
Lightning Battleaxe

[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''I feel flattered. Do you feel flattered guys? We now warrant being ambushed by faceless bad guys who want to stop us before we even had the chance to really get under way! That's how an adventurer knows he is moving up in the world!'' shouts Hadrak to his comrades, casually blasting the barbarian harassing Incarnation and blessing the warlock.

-''Go ahead, Carn, light this goon up.''

[sblock=Actions]
Lance of Faith
vs Barbarian at C7 (1d20+11=26, 1d8+10=17)

Good rolls!

Hadrak gains +1 to all defenses TENT and Incarnation gains +2 to his next attack against the Barbarian.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 44/52
HS: 9/9
AP: 1

AC: 20
For: 17
Ref: 16
Will: 22
[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Dane looks around realizing he's in a tight spot. He is given reassurance when Rurdev comes around the corner of the rock, egging on the hobgoblin inbetween the two of them.

Hadrak, I spy wit mi lil eye sum'tin dat starts wit H!

Dane then takes a swing at the hobgoblin that stopped him and attempts to mule kick the warrior behind him.

[sblock=Actions]
Cleave (1d20+13, 1d12+7=[6, 13], [6, 7]) If AC 20 hits vs Hob1: 13 pod, Hob2 for 4 pod.
Marks Hob1
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Dane_(Nebten)
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Halflings? Hostiles? Hostile Haflings? Oh, healing, you need healing? You should have said so, combat is no time for guessing games!''

[sblock=OOC]Joking aside, you are outside the range of my healing words but I got a new healing power that is ranged 10 (Bastion of Health) so try to stay within and 10 and within LOS.[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Hobgoblin it is! Give Stonegod a cuppie doll, voodo doll . . . bag of quartz, something. Dane normally doesn't request healing until he's bleeding anyways. ;)[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Georg barely looks towards the female concentrating on keeping his ball of chaotic flame under control. It rolls towards a hobgoblin and scorches the creature from behind. Aye Raiyek, she might have bit off more than she can chew!

[sblock=OOC]
Knowledge Nature 1d20+9=11 (we are cursed LS!)

**Feel free to read the previous sblock**

Move: Flaming Sphere to Q14
Standard: Attack Hobgoblin with Sphere 1d20+8=24 vs Reflex for 2d6+6=13 fire damage

**hit**

Minor: Maintain Sphere
[/sblock]

Rurdev smiles as the wizard launches the force missle at him. His amulet glows and projects an opposing force at the magic, just knocking the wind out of him. Sucking air, Rurdev dodges to the side as the flaming sphere rolls past him. Seeing the area open, the shifter darts out into the open and sees Dane assaulted by the hobgoblins. His instincts take over and the shifter focuses on the hobgoblin looking for weaknesses in it's fighting techniques. The ranger charges the creature but his eagerness is his downfall and the creature was ready for him.

[sblock=Actions/ooc]
Rurdev's amulet gives him resist force 10, so he'll only take five damage from the wizard.

**whoops, ty**

Move: Move to R20
Minor: Quarry hobbo at R17.
Standard: Charge with marauder's rush: charge hobbo at R17 with marauder's rush and quarry. (1d20+13=15, 1d10+8+1d6=15)Miss.

Immediate Interrupt: Disrupting strike: If hobbo attacks me or Dane and will hit by 5 or less, I'll use disrupting strike: CRIT: disruptive strike if hitting me or dane by 5 or less with quarry. (1d20+12=32, 1d10+5=8, 1d6=3). Hopefully that is not a wasted CRIT. crit die (1d8=3)
That would be a total of 24 damage if it applies, and the hobbo will then miss.(-6 to hit then)[/sblock]

-''I feel flattered. Do you feel flattered guys? We now warrant being ambushed by faceless bad guys who want to stop us before we even had the chance to really get under way! That's how an adventurer knows he is moving up in the world!'' shouts Hadrak to his comrades, casually blasting the barbarian harassing Incarnation and blessing the warlock.

-''Go ahead, Carn, light this goon up.''

[sblock=Actions]
Lance of Faith
vs Barbarian at C7 (1d20+11=26, 1d8+10=17)

Good rolls!

Hadrak gains +1 to all defenses TENT and Incarnation gains +2 to his next attack against the Barbarian.
[/sblock]

Dane looks around realizing he's in a tight spot. He is given reassurance when Rurdev comes around the corner of the rock, egging on the hobgoblin in between the two of them.

Hadrak, I spy wit mi lil eye sum'tin dat starts wit H!

Dane then takes a swing at the hobgoblin that stopped him and attempts to mule kick the warrior behind him.

[sblock=Actions]
Cleave (1d20+13, 1d12+7=[6, 13], [6, 7]) If AC 20 hits vs Hob1: 13 pod, Hob2 for 4 pod.
Marks Hob1
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Dane_(Nebten)

***It does hit. **
[/sblock]

-''Halflings? Hostiles? Hostile Haflings? Oh, healing, you need healing? You should have said so, combat is no time for guessing games!''

The old human curses under his breath as he witnesses the magical protection around the shifter. He moves down the bank and targets the Hadrak. His magic blast slams hard into the distracted dwarf.

The hobgoblins share a nod as their area becomes crowded. Each spin their sword's striking out at Dane. The northern swordman hits, despite the heat from the flaming sphere. He dances in and out of range, moving toward the river. The other would have hit as well, but Rurdev saw an opening at the last moment, opening a gash across his shoulder and forcing him to back off.

The barbarian weaves his axe in and out toward Incarnation, with uncanny strength. Sometimes with one hand, sometimes with both, with a lightness and versatility one might expect from rapier. He feints, his arm bending in a manner that Incarnation has never seen in a human. Incarnation sees through the feint but the follow up blow comes a hair too fast regardless, cutting through the wood by his side.

"You have not yet mastered defense, it would seem after all." Comes a strangely calm response.

The large snake hisses at Raiyek, and starts to turn toward George, but turns back to the paladin as if compelled. He attempts to wrap around Raiyek, but is forced off. The snakes slithers away, around George with such a dizzying movement that no one can seem to target him. It causes enough of a distraction that all the enemies manage to reposition themselves further.

[sblock=ooc]Wizard Fails to recharge
Moves to S12
Magic Missle vs Hadrak. 20 vs Reflex, 14 force damage.

As I am about to move the hobgoblins I am staring at these boulders on the map. I have established them to be large. So as far as I am concerned they are walls. Which means one cannot diagonally move across a corner. This is both to help explain their choices and as a warning! No diagonal movement across boulder corners from now on.

Hobgoblin 1 makes two scimitar attacks against Dane. 21 misses, 24 hits, 9 damage. Well it would be accept for Rurdev's Disrupting Strike. Instead Hob 1 takes 24 damage. That bloodies him.
Shift to S17.

Hobgoblin 2 takes 7 fire damage. Shifts to Q15.
Makes 2 Scimitar attacks against Dane. 19 Misses, 26 hits, 9 damage.
Uses ability to shift again, due to a hit, to P15.

Barbarian feints against Incarnation. 15 vs Reflex, fails
Barbarian attacks Incarnation. 17 vs AC, hits, 9 damage.
Shift to B6.

Wereserpent attempts a tail grab on Raiyek. 17 vs AC, Miss
Uses Serpentine Shift. Shifts to J12. Allows all allies within ten to shift 2.

Barbarian shifts to C5.
Hobgoblin 1 shifts to R18.
Hobgoblin 2 shifts to O15.
Wizard shifts to U12.[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------

Initiative

Round 3

21; Rurdev; R18; 46/51; Acted
18; George; G12; 32/40 +5 thp; Acted
18; Hadrak; J11; 31/52; +1 to defenses TENT; Acted
17; Raiyek; E12; 56/56; Acted
9; Dane; R16; 32/60;
9; Enemies
Wizard; U12;
Hobgoblin 1; R18; 25/62 hp; Marked, Bloodied, Quarry
Hobgoblin 2; O15; 38/62 hp;
Barbarian; C5; -34 hp
Wereserpent; F12; -9 hp; Marked
7; Incarnation; C6; 36/53; +2 to his next attack against the Barbarian

Stats

Barbarian
R 21
Wereserpent
R 18
Hobgoblin
AC 19 R 17

[sblock=Map]
River06.png
[/sblock]

Flaming Sphere: Q14; Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 7 fire damage

Boulders and trees block line of sight. They also can give cover. Athletics 15 to climb. Climbing a tree gives you cover. Being in top of a rock gives cover if you crouch or go prone.

The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.

All water squares are considered difficult terrain and require two movement per square even with a successful Athletics check.

Boulders are large enough to be treated as a wall. You cannot move diagonally across a corner.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases