Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak winces in pain as he gets blasted by the wizard despite the covering tree.

-''Hey, Dane, how about some pressure on that wizard? I bet you could tear him apart in no time.''

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the warrior hits, Incarnation's pact retaliates as flames erupt again. I am protected. Best remember that. But the warrior's actions and movements bespoke of something off...

The warforged gestures with his rod, gathering fire and darkness into the implement. The drawing of warmth is so intense that ice forms around the barbarian's legs and arms. The shards dig heavily into the enemy, holding him fast. The warlock then strides away, shadows embracing their favorite son.[sblock=Actions]Since Incarnation took damage, the barbarian takes 6 fire from Hellish Rebuke.

Minor to use Insight to figure out what the warrior's motives are (included are a Arcana & Nature monster check): Insight 19, Arcana 23, Nature 7. Then Chain's of Levistus: Crit!, 39 cold and it takes 2d6 more if it moves (and Incarnation gains a +2 to hit it). He then moves (provoking OA) I10 gaining concealment.[/sblock][sblock=Incarnation (Shadow Walk)]Incarnation—Male Warforged Infernal Warlock 5
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 19, Fort: 20, Reflex: 18, Will: 18 — Speed: 6
HP: 36/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 11/11
+2 save vs. ongoing damage
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Hellish Rebuke

Fiery Bolt
Chains of Levistus

Tyrannical Threat
Tyranny of Flames

Warforged Resilience
Shadowdance Leather Armor +1 (daily)
Spidersilk Mantle +1 (encounter)
Prison of Salzacas (encounter)

Full character sheet - L4W:pC:Incarnation (stonegod) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Hadrak winces in pain as he gets blasted by the wizard despite the covering tree.

-''Hey, Dane, how about some pressure on that wizard? I bet you could tear him apart in no time.''

As the hobgoblin shifts away between Rurdev and the dwarf, Dane takes a swing at his marked target. I git mi eye on ye boi!

[sblock=Immediate Interupt]
Activating Reckless properity.
Combat Challenge (1d20+13, 1d12+9=[3, 13], [12, 9]) AC 16 vs Hobo1 for 21 pod . . .

**Miss**
L4W:pC:Dane (Nebten) - L4W Wiki
[/sblock]

As the warrior hits, Incarnation's pact retaliates as flames erupt again. I am protected. Best remember that. But the warrior's actions and movements bespoke of something off...

The warforged gestures with his rod, gathering fire and darkness into the implement. The drawing of warmth is so intense that ice forms around the barbarian's legs and arms. The shards dig heavily into the enemy, holding him fast. The warlock then strides away, shadows embracing their favorite son.

[sblock=Actions]Since Incarnation took damage, the barbarian takes 6 fire from Hellish Rebuke.

**Thank you for reminding me.**

Minor to use Insight to figure out what the warrior's motives are (included are a Arcana & Nature monster check): Insight 19, Arcana 23, Nature 7.

[sblock=stonegod]There is some kind of illusion in place but you're not sure exactly what is behind it. You don't believe you're being attacked by a greataxe at all.

In fact, there's something far more tempered and skilled here. You do not fight a savage barbarian but someone far more masterful.[/sblock]

Then Chain's of Levistus: Crit!, 39 cold and it takes 2d6 more if it moves (and Incarnation gains a +2 to hit it). He then moves (provoking OA) I10 gaining concealment.

**Not bloodied. He does take the OA. 29 vs AC, hit, 8 damage. **[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------

Initiative

Round 4

21; Rurdev; R18; 46/51;
18; George; G12; 32/40 +5 thp;
18; Hadrak; J11; 31/52; +1 to defenses TENT;
17; Raiyek; E12; 56/56;
9; Dane; R16; 32/60;
9; Enemies
Wizard; U12;
Hobgoblin 1; R18; 25/62 hp; Marked, Bloodied, Quarry
Hobgoblin 2; O15; 38/62 hp;
Barbarian; C5; -79 hp; it takes 2d6 more if it moves (and Incarnation gains a +2 to hit it).
Wereserpent; F12; -9 hp; Marked
7; Incarnation; I10; 28/53;

Stats

Barbarian
F 19 R 21
Wereserpent
R 18
Hobgoblin
AC 19 R 17

[sblock=Map]
River07.png
[/sblock]

Flaming Sphere: Q14; Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 7 fire damage

Boulders and trees block line of sight. They also can give cover. Athletics 15 to climb. Climbing a tree gives you cover. Being in top of a rock gives cover if you crouch or go prone.

The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.

All water squares are considered difficult terrain and require two movement per square even with a successful Athletics check.

Boulders are large enough to be treated as a wall. You cannot move diagonally across a corner.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As Incarnation fades back to Hadrak, he addressed the warrior. You hide your face, deceiver, and your weapon. Speak your purpose and you may be spared the fate all who face us share.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Hey Carn. So this guy is tougher than he looks, eh? That was a good hit you put on him, let me light him up for the follow up!''

Hadrak then reposition himself away from the giant snake, focuses his will and then a white laser beam slams into the barbarian. Then Incarnation sees the barbarian with surhuman clarity, as if he was moving in slow motion. An easy target.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: second wind, +13 hp, +2 defenses
Move: Shift J10
Standard:
Daunting Light vs Barbarian's reflex (1d20+11=29, 2d10+10=25)

Incarnation gets combat advantage against the barbarian until the end of next turn. Hadrak gets +1 to defenses (+3 total) until the end of next turn.

I checked; the Levistus bonus (if he moves) is +2 power will mine is not so they stack. Wee, +4 to hit. Choose a big, Stonegod, your odds are good to make it count.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
HP: 44/52
HS: 8/9
AP: 1

AC: 20 +3
For: 17 +3
Ref: 16 +3
Will: 22 +3

Used:
Daunting light
Second Wind
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg turns on the serpent and slams his staff into the ground. Thundering waves ripple out at it pushing towards the river.

[sblock=OOC] Standard Action: First I will try a Thunderwave, probably a miss but let me know before my next turn 1d20+8=16 vs Fortitude for 1d6+6=12 thunder damage and push 2 to L14

More actions to come
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Staff of Defense (if any defense hit by less than 4) and Shield (if AC/Ref hit by less than 4)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 19 NAD:17/17/17
HP: 32/40 Surges: 9/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:9 Dex:13 Wis:15 Con:18 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
At Will - Winged Horde, Thunderwave, Cantrips
Encounter: Burning Hands, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Staff of Defense, Shield
Daily: Flaming Sphere, Staff of Fiery Might, Cloak of Resistance

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As Incarnation fades back to Hadrak, he addressed the warrior. You hide your face, deceiver, and your weapon. Speak your purpose and you may be spared the fate all who face us share.

A large grin spreads across the barbarian's face in response.

-''Hey Carn. So this guy is tougher than he looks, eh? That was a good hit you put on him, let me light him up for the follow up!''

Hadrak then reposition himself away from the giant snake, focuses his will and then a white laser beam slams into the barbarian. Then Incarnation sees the barbarian with surhuman clarity, as if he was moving in slow motion. An easy target.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: second wind, +13 hp, +2 defenses
Move: Shift J10

**From now on trees are difficult terrain.**

Standard:
Daunting Light vs Barbarian's reflex (1d20+11=29, 2d10+10=25)

**This bloodies the barbarian**

Incarnation gets combat advantage against the barbarian until the end of next turn. Hadrak gets +1 to defenses (+3 total) until the end of next turn.
[/sblock]

Georg turns on the serpent and slams his staff into the ground. Thundering waves ripple out at it, but the snake holds its ground.

[sblock=OOC] Standard Action: First I will try a Thunderwave, probably a miss but let me know before my next turn 1d20+8=16 vs Fortitude for 1d6+6=12 thunder damage and push 2 to L14

**Miss**

More actions to come
[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------

Initiative

Round 4

21; Rurdev; R18; 46/51;
18; George; G12; 32/40 +5 thp; Pending
18; Hadrak; J11; 44/52; +3 to defenses TENT; Acted
17; Raiyek; E12; 56/56;
9; Dane; R16; 32/60;
9; Enemies
Wizard; U12;
Hobgoblin 1; R18; 25/62 hp; Marked, Bloodied, Quarry
Hobgoblin 2; O15; 38/62 hp;
Barbarian; C5; 84/188 hp; it takes 2d6 more if it moves (and Incarnation gains a +2 to hit it), Bloodied
Wereserpent; F12; -9 hp; Marked
7; Incarnation; I10; 28/53; CA vs Barbarian

Stats

Barbarian
F 19 R 21
Wereserpent
R 18
Hobgoblin
AC 19 R 17

[sblock=Map]
River08.png
[/sblock]

Flaming Sphere: Q14; Any creature starting adjacent to the sphere takes 7 fire damage

Boulders and trees block line of sight. They also can give cover. Athletics 15 to climb. Climbing a tree gives you cover. Being in top of a rock gives cover if you crouch or go prone.

Square containing tree, are difficult terrain.

The striped squares in the river are deep water. They require an Athletics 17 (as part of a move action) to swim across. Fail by 4 or less and you are pulled one square toward the bottom of the map and your move actions is ended. Fail by 5 or more, and in addition you also sink 1 square, loosing a healing surge. Make a DC 21 Endurance Check if you are bloodied. Fail on three times before a success and you will drown.

All water squares are considered difficult terrain and require two movement per square even with a successful Athletics check.

Boulders are large enough to be treated as a wall. You cannot move diagonally across a corner.

EvolutionKB

First Post
As Rurdev's axe cuts true and the hobgoblin moves around him, the shifter pulls out his other axe. The larger weapons were a more brutal weapon than his previous scimitars and they hack unforgiving wounds into the goblinoid, who can barely stand. "You'd b-b-better r-run now."

[sblock=Actions]
Draw axe and twin strike hobbo. twin strike vs hob with quarry (1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=24, 1d10+2=12, 1d10+1=6, 1d6=6) 24 damage! So close! Not worth off hand strike I think.

Immediate Reaction: Use Yield ground to shift to U16 and gain +2 to all defenses.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Rurdev - Male Shifter Ranger 5
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:18, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP: 46/51, Bloodied:25, Surge Value:12, Surges Left:8/8
Resist 10 Force
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Twin Strike
Marauder's rush
Disruptive Strike
Off-Hand Strike