Neptune's Pride

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Neptune's Pride

This is an awesome browser game I've been playing. However, rather than me try and explain it, let me turn you over to the good people of Rock, Paper, Shotgun and their game diary:

The Complete Pride And Falls | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

In short, it's a slow-burning space-strategy-sim, in which you control a civilisation in a galaxy at war. You build ships, develop tech and conquer worlds, all the while scheming against the other players and trying to survive.

The key is the pace of the game. Moving ships from one system to another takes hours of real-world time, meaning each move becomes important. The game is very simple, meaning diplomacy is very important.

I like it. It's awesome. I also have the facility to create a Premium game with a password for ENworld (and friends) only, so if you want to try it out and play against me, you can. Warning - the game can take a fair few weeks to play through, depending on how it's set up. I might adjust the settings to make it run a little faster.

Anyone up for this?

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
hello!

Well, 77 people looked at this but no one went for it. :(

So, I've created a game for friends - Neptune's Pride.

You'll need to have a Google Account to play, and the secret password is "brighton". I've also set the game up to run a little faster than it normally does, so it should be excellent fun. Alliances are also switched on.

I need 12 players to start the game, and I hope some of you can spare the time to play!

Aran Thule

First Post
I tried one of the free games a week ago and it plays simple but fun.
My giant space leeches are swarming over the galaxy.....
Still need another 5 players to fill the map, then the fun can begin.

Starman

Adventurer
I've played two games. The game is fun, but the lack of players makes it less so. In the first game, five people dropped out rather early. In the second, everyone dropped early except for one other person who dropped after a couple of days. That wouldn't be so bad if the AI was better. My verdict: it's an excellent game as long as (human) players stay in the game.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Yeah, I agree, it can be hard when players drop out.

Care to join us in this game? Still looking for players! Also, I've set this one up to run faster than the normal so it shouldn't take as long.

Punnuendo

First Post
I heard this mentioned on the Gamers With Jobs Conference Call podcast the other day and meant to check it out but it slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding me. Going to check it out now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases