D&D 3E/3.5 D&D Core 3.5/3.75 Homebrew Remake (with ideas from SWRPG SE, 4e and Pathfinder)

Gandhi39

First Post
Hello, my good friends. This is my first post on the forum.

By this I am exposing to you my project of remaking D&D 3.5 with house rules.

My objective is to make a game with only the 11 core classes, no prestige class and using only the 3 core books.

Why that? Well, I see WotC has to sell books, as does any other company. But I prefer a system were you need only the core books to play. Also, I think tons of new prestige classes, feats, spells and other stuff turns the game too much towards an unhealthy min/maxing attitude. That also opens way to break the balance of characters, with lots of powerbuilds and broken stuff. My idea is to make a core only game that is still fun and ballanced.

Beyond that, I would also like to change a few stuff along the way, incoorporating some ideas that have appeard over the years with SWRPG SE (Star Wars RPG Saga Edition), D&D4e and Pathfinder. Pathfinder has made some good changes to the system, but I didn't get absolutely satisfied with the end product. I also tested the 4th Edition, but did not like it very much. But some things I really do think should have changed in the 3.5e.

Lastly, I would like this remake to still be, as much as possible, compatible with the 3 original core books. By this I mean to still be able to use the same skills, spells, monsters and magic items descriptions; not having to rewrite them all from scratch.

Here goes what I have done so far. I hope you enjoy it, but feel free to make suggestions as how would you change it.

Latest Updates: http://docs.thinkfree.com/portfolio/view.php?psn=1751

The posts below are outdated!

Last edited:

Remove ads