Desert Island RPG

Edgewood

First Post
Okay,

I'm assuming most people know how this works. You and another EnWorlder find yourselves on a desert island. You only have 5 RPG Books. Which books would they be? Also, as a bonus if you want to name the EnWorlder you would be stuck playing these games with who would that be?

I'll start

1. Aria Worlds (great for world building)
2. Pathfinder RPG
3. Draconomicon (simply the best dragon book made by WotC)
4. MM I (3.5)
5. Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (2nd Ed Boxed Set)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
In no particular order:

• OSRIC 2e hardcover
  • AD&D 2e Revised Monster Manual
  • Call of Cthulhu 5.6
  • Complete Dreamlands
  • Story Engine Version 2

Aus_Snow

First Post
Since all else is in a state of flux or simply 'betwixt', I'll only be listing a couple, as these are the ones I'm (slightly more) sure of.

Pendragon, 4th edition (Green Knight)
Cyberpunk 2020 (R. Talsorian)

Almacov

First Post
They'd all be blank sketchbooks, which I would write and illustrate my own within. With that kind of time I could afford the trial and error, and writing my own would allow me to make optimal use of whatever other resources there are at hand. (Dice, differently shaped rocks, small lizards...)

I'd want non-gamer with me so I could gradually convert them into an avid cooperative storyteller.

I know this may not be in the spirit of the thread, but after sampling so many game systems, it's how I feel.

weem

First Post
They'd all be blank sketchbooks, which I would write and illustrate my own within. With that kind of time I could afford the trial and error, and writing my own would allow me to make optimal use of whatever other resources there are at hand. (Dice, differently shaped rocks, small lizards...)

Yes!

I'd want non-gamer with me so I could gradually convert them into an avid cooperative storyteller.

Again, yes. Primarily because I love running games for people new to them. Their excitement is contagious ;)

Ourph

First Post
For purposes of this exercise, I'm going to assume I have a solar-powered laptop on hand :) ...

1. WFRP 1e (hardback)
2. 1e DMG
3. 4e DDI Character Builder
4. 4e DDI Monster Builder
5. Dragon Magazine CD Archive

coyote6

Adventurer
Hmm.

1) Mutants & Masterminds
2) GURPS Characters
3) GURPS Campaigns
4) Savage Worlds
5) either Dresden Files RPG: Your Story or Ultimate Power (for M&M)

Or, better yet, I will cheat, and pick:

1) Some kind of solar power generator
2) a laptop
3) my USB drive full of gaming PDFs
4) a coconut-powered printer
5) a satellite uplink (so I can order another laptop, download new stuff, etc.)

;)

This list is complied with 2 things in mind, personal enjoyment and bang for book. If I had a laptop with internet access, 4E would certainly show up.

1. 7th Sea Players Guide
  2. Pathfinder PHB (because is combines the 3.5 PHB and DMG)
  3. Champions
  4. Star Wars d20 Revised (a real toss up as I like both Saga Edition and Revised a lot
  5. 2E Monster Manual

Honorable Mentions
  • d20 Modern/Future
  • oWoD Vampire/Werewolf/Mage
  • 2nd Edition Dungeons and Dragons core books
  • 3.5 Core books :D
  • Rokugan OA for 3.5

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases