[Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)

Goldhammer

First Post
OOC: Torqua will try to rack her brain for any sort of useful knowledge about the ecology of the Big Smear, since that what she seems to be good at.

She doesn't come up with much.

1d20+6=8

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lhavarr shadows the drow, sending his thoughts out into the mind of the target of Elkrysn's probing, searching for something to spark a memory in the target.

[sblock=ooc]With skills relatively low, we are probably best have one try to aid another. Roll to aid Elkrysn's streetwise: aid another to streetwise (1d20+5=13)Success: Elkrysn gains a +2 on his next streetwise check.[/sblock]

Goldendice

First Post
Elkrysn looks down at the collapsed dog. "Boy, I don't seem to see your master here. He spoke of a 'Da,' so I assume he must be a young boy." Elkrysn sighs and begins stopping people on the street, aided by Lhavarr. "Hello. Have you seen a young boy? He was likely traveling with that dog over there. Based on the dog's condition, we believe he may be in danger. Do you remember seeing such a boy or anything else unusual?"

OOC: Steetwise to find a hint of the boy's location: (1d20+7=11)
Sadly lower than Lhavarr's aid another roll. Let's hope the DC was 10.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
While the half-elf and the drow began questioning the locals, Johanna turned to a more basic level of investigation- looking for clues. Something deep in her brain made her assume that their toad-like compatriot must know something about swamps (and therefore, swamplike mud flats), she watched the bullywug's actions for a cue as to where to look...

[sblock= OOC] Try for Aid Another on Sapo's next Perception roll; 1d20+5= 10 (pass, gives +2 bonus to next Perception roll for Sapo ; roll Roll Lookup ; I think that will have to be a working strategy- pick somebody with a decent primary skill, and try to pile up the Aid Another bonuses- they do stack, right? [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver

Vimak tries to apply general knowledge about building sewer systems on the locations of the sewers in Daunton.

[sblock=ooc]
one approval

Dungeoneering (1d20+4=16)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak
Perception: 15 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Deny CA Bonus, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo Toa leaped around the mud, stopping for about a minute in each position. Then she leaped away and awaited, opening her wide eyes, which promptly located a trail.
A few footsteps on the mud, only recognizable by how the mud had piled on the edges.
Sapo Toa leaped over the trail, and pointed a callous finger at it, without pronouncing a word.

Perception: 23 I think I hit the jackpot.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Torqua considers the natural habitat around Daunton's shores, but is quickly distracted by thoughts of some of the finer meals that have their origin there. She catches herself daydreaming while staring wistfully at Sapo and loses sight of the dog a moment. A few minutes are waisted tracking down the mutt, who has collapsed in a shady alleyway. [Nature fails]

The drow asks around for "a boy" or "the boy" or "Bryan" for a while, with little success. However, when a gentle nudge from Lhavarr to ask about the wounded dog beside them, the drow manages to get a response. Aye, I do be se'n thar mutt. Down by the Fine Butte it be when I saw 'im, 'im and some wee lad. The scraggly looking scalawag points the group towards what appears to be a local market. [Streewise Success]

The Fine Butte is a ramshackle market, with impromptu stalls, worn wagons, and the like over a muddy overlook long since flattened by the patter of feet. Though foreign to his native Sultyr, Vimak had seen the ironworks of Daunton's sewer system often during his time here and knew they would need a certain amount of depth over them to be stable. Beyond the market rose a hill along the flats that might hide a nearby sewer line. [Dungeoneering Success]

Following Vimak's lead, the group enters what appears to be a warehouse district on the bluff. Johanna hovered over Sapo, the latter crouching low to look over the flats as they could. Then, the bullywug's sharp eyes saw something. Hoping over to a wretched wooden fence—more of a lean-to than a barrier now—she spotted a bit of cloth matching the fabric the note had been on. It was highly likely Bryan had gone this way. [Perception Success!]

Find the Right Sewers
Success 3, Failures 1

[Next round. I will generally allow one person to aid another per check depending on the roll.]

Goldendice

First Post
Noting Lhavarr's helpful contributions, Elkrysn decides that the half-elf should be the one asking questions. The drow follows Lhavarr, helping deliver important information when he can and showing people the dog and the newly found piece of cloth as Lhavarr questions them.

OOC: Aid Another for Lhavarr's next Streetwise check: (1d20+5=17) (Success --> +2 to Lhavarr's next Streetwise check)

[sblock=Highest Skills in Party:]
Acrobatics 8 (Sapo Toa)
Arcana 6 (Torqua Debu)
Athletics 13 (Vimak Stonecarver)
Bluff 12 (Elkrysn (Bluff 14 to make disguises))
Diplomacy 13 (Elkrysn (when within 5 of Lhavarr) & Lhavarr Soprrano)
Dungeoneering 4 (Vimak Stonecarver)
Endurance 10 (Vimak Stonecarver)
Heal 5 (Johanna Wolfkiller)
History 2 (Johanna Wolfkiller & Vimak Stonecarver)
Insight 9 (Lhavarr Soprrano & Vimak Stonecarver)
Intimidate 14 (Elkrysn (when within 5 of Lhavarr))
Nature 6 (Torqua Debu & Vimak Stonecarver)
Perception 7 (Sapo Toa)
Religion 7 (Vimak Stonecarver)
Stealth 11 (Elkrysn (12 to move silently))
Streetwise 5 (Elkrysn & Lhavarr Soprrano)
Thievery 4 (Elkrysn & Vimak Stonecarver)
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lhavarr approaches a street vendor selling skewers of pork. "Hey there, can I get one o' the skewers?" The half-elf takes a gold piece out of his belt pouch and slides it over to the man, easily overpaying the silver the man advertised. "You seen this mutt near here, or a boy w' him? If not, maybe somethin' else eventful? A thief or scuffle with the local ruffians maybe?"

[sblock=ooc]diplomacy vs street vendor (1d20+15=19)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo Toa jumps next to the fabric, and takes it to examine it closer. "Matches with the one on the mammal's mouth it does" she notes, before throwing the piece away and staring at her surroundings intently, trying to spot something else.

Perception: 25

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases