D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1) - Page 3




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 476
  1. #21
    OOC: Torqua will try to rack her brain for any sort of useful knowledge about the ecology of the Big Smear, since that what she seems to be good at.

    She doesn't come up with much.

    1d20+6=8

 

  • #22
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    My communities:

    Lhavarr shadows the drow, sending his thoughts out into the mind of the target of Elkrysn's probing, searching for something to spark a memory in the target.

    ooc
    With skills relatively low, we are probably best have one try to aid another. Roll to aid Elkrysn's streetwise: aid another to streetwise (1d20+5=13)Success: Elkrysn gains a +2 on his next streetwise check.

  • #23
    Elkrysn looks down at the collapsed dog. "Boy, I don't seem to see your master here. He spoke of a 'Da,' so I assume he must be a young boy." Elkrysn sighs and begins stopping people on the street, aided by Lhavarr. "Hello. Have you seen a young boy? He was likely traveling with that dog over there. Based on the dog's condition, we believe he may be in danger. Do you remember seeing such a boy or anything else unusual?"

    OOC: Steetwise to find a hint of the boy's location: (1d20+7=11)
    Sadly lower than Lhavarr's aid another roll. Let's hope the DC was 10.
    Last edited by Goldendice; Saturday, 17th April, 2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: punctuation error

  • #24
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Windsor, CT
    Posts
    3,111

    ° Ignore pathfinderq1
    My communities:

    While the half-elf and the drow began questioning the locals, Johanna turned to a more basic level of investigation- looking for clues. Something deep in her brain made her assume that their toad-like compatriot must know something about swamps (and therefore, swamplike mud flats), she watched the bullywug's actions for a cue as to where to look...

    OOC
    Try for Aid Another on Sapo's next Perception roll; 1d20+5= 10 (pass, gives +2 bonus to next Perception roll for Sapo ; roll Roll Lookup ; I think that will have to be a working strategy- pick somebody with a decent primary skill, and try to pile up the Aid Another bonuses- they do stack, right?

  • #25
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    ° Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Vimak Stonecarver

    Vimak tries to apply general knowledge about building sewer systems on the locations of the sewers in Daunton.

    ooc

    one approval

    Dungeoneering (1d20+4=16)

    Mini stat block

    Vimak
    Perception: 15 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
    AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
    Initiative: +4
    Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw:
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 10 / 10
    At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
    Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stoneĺs Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
    Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Deny CA Bonus, Extra Lightning Damage.

    Condition:

    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #26
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,001

    ° Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    Sapo Toa leaped around the mud, stopping for about a minute in each position. Then she leaped away and awaited, opening her wide eyes, which promptly located a trail.
    A few footsteps on the mud, only recognizable by how the mud had piled on the edges.
    Sapo Toa leaped over the trail, and pointed a callous finger at it, without pronouncing a word.

    Perception: 23 I think I hit the jackpot.
    Last edited by Voda Vosa; Sunday, 18th April, 2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to grey out the OOc text
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #27
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    ° Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Torqua considers the natural habitat around Daunton's shores, but is quickly distracted by thoughts of some of the finer meals that have their origin there. She catches herself daydreaming while staring wistfully at Sapo and loses sight of the dog a moment. A few minutes are waisted tracking down the mutt, who has collapsed in a shady alleyway. [Nature fails]

    The drow asks around for "a boy" or "the boy" or "Bryan" for a while, with little success. However, when a gentle nudge from Lhavarr to ask about the wounded dog beside them, the drow manages to get a response. Aye, I do be se'n thar mutt. Down by the Fine Butte it be when I saw 'im, 'im and some wee lad. The scraggly looking scalawag points the group towards what appears to be a local market. [Streewise Success]

    The Fine Butte is a ramshackle market, with impromptu stalls, worn wagons, and the like over a muddy overlook long since flattened by the patter of feet. Though foreign to his native Sultyr, Vimak had seen the ironworks of Daunton's sewer system often during his time here and knew they would need a certain amount of depth over them to be stable. Beyond the market rose a hill along the flats that might hide a nearby sewer line. [Dungeoneering Success]

    Following Vimak's lead, the group enters what appears to be a warehouse district on the bluff. Johanna hovered over Sapo, the latter crouching low to look over the flats as they could. Then, the bullywug's sharp eyes saw something. Hoping over to a wretched wooden fenceŚmore of a lean-to than a barrier nowŚshe spotted a bit of cloth matching the fabric the note had been on. It was highly likely Bryan had gone this way. [Perception Success!]

    Find the Right Sewers
    Success 3, Failures 1

    [Next round. I will generally allow one person to aid another per check depending on the roll.]
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #28
    Noting Lhavarr's helpful contributions, Elkrysn decides that the half-elf should be the one asking questions. The drow follows Lhavarr, helping deliver important information when he can and showing people the dog and the newly found piece of cloth as Lhavarr questions them.

    OOC: Aid Another for Lhavarr's next Streetwise check: (1d20+5=17) (Success --> +2 to Lhavarr's next Streetwise check)

    Highest Skills in Party:

    Acrobatics 8 (Sapo Toa)
    Arcana 6 (Torqua Debu)
    Athletics 13 (Vimak Stonecarver)
    Bluff 12 (Elkrysn (Bluff 14 to make disguises))
    Diplomacy 13 (Elkrysn (when within 5 of Lhavarr) & Lhavarr Soprrano)
    Dungeoneering 4 (Vimak Stonecarver)
    Endurance 10 (Vimak Stonecarver)
    Heal 5 (Johanna Wolfkiller)
    History 2 (Johanna Wolfkiller & Vimak Stonecarver)
    Insight 9 (Lhavarr Soprrano & Vimak Stonecarver)
    Intimidate 14 (Elkrysn (when within 5 of Lhavarr))
    Nature 6 (Torqua Debu & Vimak Stonecarver)
    Perception 7 (Sapo Toa)
    Religion 7 (Vimak Stonecarver)
    Stealth 11 (Elkrysn (12 to move silently))
    Streetwise 5 (Elkrysn & Lhavarr Soprrano)
    Thievery 4 (Elkrysn & Vimak Stonecarver)

  • #29
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    My communities:

    Lhavarr approaches a street vendor selling skewers of pork. "Hey there, can I get one o' the skewers?" The half-elf takes a gold piece out of his belt pouch and slides it over to the man, easily overpaying the silver the man advertised. "You seen this mutt near here, or a boy w' him? If not, maybe somethin' else eventful? A thief or scuffle with the local ruffians maybe?"


  • #30
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,001

    ° Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    Sapo Toa jumps next to the fabric, and takes it to examine it closer. "Matches with the one on the mammal's mouth it does" she notes, before throwing the piece away and staring at her surroundings intently, trying to spot something else.


    Perception: 25
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 46
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th February, 2013, 04:57 PM
    2. [Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)
      By EvolutionKB in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 588
      Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd August, 2011, 04:31 PM
    3. Replies: 821
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th February, 2011, 08:21 PM
    4. [Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)
      By Velmont in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 816
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th July, 2010, 08:17 PM
    5. [Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 463
      Last Post: Friday, 21st May, 2010, 02:22 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •