Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
like i am so scared. ber. a cold shiver just , make that a cool breeze ble, scratch that. Aw, heck i get nuthin.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ok, i have been updating Cappizzio and the e-mail suggested we collaborate our spell lists.

I asked in an e-mail if we were to eventually go to pathfinder. Still waiting on that answer as there may be a change request for Cappizzio.

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah, looks like we are ready to make the switch to Pathfinder when you level-up to Sixth level, so right now, basically.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OK, a few questions about the changes. So we are all 6th level, was that because we got enough XP or because you decided it? It's been a while since we've talked about XP but I didn't think we were that close. Just wondering what XP Kerlan has.

Also, it seems that Pathfinder has a lot of small changes from Core. Are these changes going to be retroactive or from here on out? For example, it t looks like HP for Wizards is higher in Pathfinder. Will that change our HP? I think we were getting max HP right?

Wizards also have new abilities. I gave up Arcane Bond for my Abrupt Jaunt ability already. The school based abilities look interesting as well. To bad they work based on Wizard levels only and not something like caster level.

What about traits? Are we gaining any or just skipping that? Skills? Are we using Perception and Stealth?

Any other changes I should know about?

Leif

Adventurer
Everyone!! : Guidelines to re-build your characters with pfndr

Will that change our HP? I think we were getting max HP right?

Wizards also have new abilities. I gave up Arcane Bond for my Abrupt Jaunt ability already. The school based abilities look interesting as well. To bad they work based on Wizard levels only and not something like caster level.

What about traits? Are we gaining any or just skipping that? Skills? Are we using Perception and Stealth?

Any other changes I should know about?
Excellent questions, Kerlan!

I have no problem with you keeping your Abrupt Jaunt ability, as long as you still give up something [of roughly equal value?] for it. On the other hand, if you would rather avail yourself of the Pathfinder school-based abilities, you have that option, too.

You are sixth level by GM fiat. You each have the minimum xp necessary for 6th level plus 350 xp. (Again, GM fiat.)

You should build your characters from scratch (1st level) using Pathfinder rules, and yes, you still get max hp for each hit die, but they're d6s now. Does that answer your question about "retroactivity," Kerlan?

I have no problem with each character choosing a "trait," but I reserve the right as GM to nix a trait that seems out of character, out of place, or out of balance. I don't expect to use that Nix Power, but it is possible. We're using skills just like it says in the Pathfinder Core book. Note that multiclassing works the same in Pathifnder as it does in 3.5, at least as far as I know. [For those of you who have/had levels of Druid, Rogue, or something. But, again, you are NOT REQUIRED to take levels of any class except wizard, and only levels 4-6 must be wizard. I'm looking to wind up with a party that pretty closely resembles the party that we had, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape if the congruency is not quite complete.

I think we had some Feats in the party that were 3.5 feats but are not included in Pathfinder. Those can stay using the 3.5 rules.

Scotley: I notice that by taking that level of Druid, Tylara had a zero BAB until CL3! Maybe that doesn't matter, but maybe you might consider starting with a Level of Ranger either in place of Druid or just preceding her level of Druid? But then, if you do both Ranger and Druid, she still won't be able to cast 3rd Level spells yet. :-S

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Link to Manny's new character sheet: Mánunuksó Maliit

Leif, per our discussion I've rebuilt him using the Pathfinder rules for monster races (his first character level was a racial level in "Brownie"). Also per our discussion I took both of the Magical Knack traits, made his Sorcerer bloodline Fey, and took his last level in Summoner (and will probably take almost all of his future levels in that class).

Still have to figure out how to list the spells from all of his classes and I haven't yet put his scrolls on the character sheet, but other than that he's all done.

For those interested in such things I've changed his picture in the RG as well: Manny & Relós

Leif

Adventurer
One thing, Mowgli -- your picture of Manny did not translate into the RG successfully. Unless it is a picture of a white square with a red X inside it!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases