Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
somatic componant for a bards summon undead I :

bang your head! wake the dead, Make sure they can here the noise!

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, so just to give some more specifics, the prestige class Dirge Singer would require any neutral alignment, 5th+ level Wizard (Necromancer) and 2nd+ level Bard. How does it sound now?

Hmm, maybe we could add a few kinks to it like the ability to call an undead familiar?

Leif

Adventurer
So, that'd be about like this:
The prestige class Dirge Singer would require any neutral alignment, 3rd+ level Wizard (Necromancer) and 4th+ level Bard. (Yeah, I know, I lowered the Bard level requirement slightly.)

Ok, so maybe the undead familiar wasn't such a hot idea, but I think that without doubt Animate Dead needs to be on the class spell list. And, since Bard spells are already Charisma-based, maybe we should give the Dirge Singer the Extraordinary Ability to turn/rebuke undead up to HD equal to his charisma bonus/2 levels? [So, for an 18 cha, that's 4 HD at 1st, 8 HD at 3rd, 12 HD at 5th, and so on.]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Preferred method is to stay away from requiring levels in particular classes, isn't it? Require particular skills, special abilities, and/or feats instead?

So rather than requiring a 3rd level wizard, you might require the ability to cast 2nd level Arcane spells.

Rather than requiring Bard levels you might require ranks in Perform: Sing.

Just my 2 copper's worth . . .

Leif

Adventurer
Preferred method is to stay away from requiring levels in particular classes, isn't it? Require particular skills, special abilities, and/or feats instead?

So rather than requiring a 3rd level wizard, you might require the ability to cast 2nd level Arcane spells.

Rather than requiring Bard levels you might require ranks in Perform: Sing.

Just my 2 copper's worth . . .
Good point! So that'd be:
The prestige class Dirge Singer would require any neutral alignment, Necromancer capable of casting 2nd level spells, and Bard also capable of casting 2nd level spells. (Yeah, I know, I lowered the Bard level requirement slightly, again.)

Maybe the undead familiar wasn't such a hot idea, but I think that without doubt Animate Dead needs to be on the class spell list. And, since Bard spells are already Charisma-based, maybe we should give the Dirge Singer the Extraordinary Ability to turn/rebuke undead up to HD equal to his charisma bonus/2 levels? [So, for an 18 cha, that's 4 HD at 1st, 8 HD at 3rd, 12 HD at 5th, and so on.]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
what level is animate dead?

I found this:
Animate Dead
School necromancy [evil];
Level cleric 3, sorcerer/wizard 4

so a level 5 cleric, level 7 wizard or bard (not sure here)

the other possibility is to be able to cast summon undead or greater?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases