Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
dm: Is that surmise correct? [is it magic missile]
player: that would be correct.
That would be my affirmation that yes indeed it is Magic missile being cast. Perhaps I should learn to speak legaleeze so you can understand my simple posts.[/sblock]
That might, indeed, be most advisable. I shall expect you to do just that forthwith and with all due alacrity. and don't forget your "wherefores," either.

Assuming that the spell failed due to spell resistance, it would still deal 7 points of damage.
Kelgore's Fire Bolt (If Resisted) (1d6=5) x1.5
What?? A spell that still does damage when it is successfully resisted? NOT IN MY GAME.

Or, just maybe... did you ever think that perhaps your character doesn't know EVERYTHING that is going on, Kerlan? No, i don't have to tell you everything, only what your characters can perceive with the degree of attention that they are devoting to their surroundings.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
That might, indeed, be most advisable. I shall expect you to do just that forthwith and with all due alacrity. and don't forget your "wherefores," either.

What?? A spell that still does damage when it is successfully resisted? NOT IN MY GAME.

Or, just maybe... did you ever think that perhaps your character doesn't know EVERYTHING that is going on, Kerlan? No, i don't have to tell you everything, only what your characters can perceive with the degree of attention that they are devoting to their surroundings.

OOC: Why is Cappizzio asking what the creature is, when he knows very well that it is an Erinyes Devil?

If Cappizzio is to know and expected to know that said creature is a Erinyes Devil-hence forth to be referred as 'Devil'- then I would argue that player character Kerlan - henceforth to be referred as Kerlan- would therefore be at least as knowledgeable and therefore be the devil we know.

Wherefore if said information is to be true and correct, and
Wherefore if language of this summery and
Wherefore if proper placement of said summery being in the proper channels of the OOC thread

May it therefore produce gales of belly jiggling laughter from the dm and players

Forthwith.

Furthermore, if said gales of aforementioned laughter is uttered
ensure the green star is depressed to administer 'experience point' to the listed person on the bottom line of this summery.

D. A. Johannes, Esq.
AKA: Scott DeWar

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer

I hope this is you joking and I didn't really tick you off. I just know that Drow have SR and this spell still has a minor effect despite SR. If it was something else that stopped it, that's fine.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm ok. I wasn't familiar with the spell in question, but Scotley put me right -- it's a conjuration that calls up a rock or something that is hurled at the target. So SR negates the magical damage, but the rock still hits for some damage, quite minimal if a Ref save is made.

Leif

Adventurer
DR

According to my reading of the entry on DR, the source of damage that follows the slash is the type of damage that can overcome the DR. This seems odd to me, because the latern archon that Tylara summoned can then be damaged by evil opponents, and the two beings that the wizards face can, by that logic, be damaged by good opponents. Am I reading something wrong?

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, but you can keep it. As long as you promise not to make a voodoo doll of the DM. And why is it that creatures with DR can oftentimes be best damaged by their natural enemies, the very creatures that logic indicates they guard most against?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases