News article reflecting on roleplaying as a positive influence

caudor

Adventurer
I'm glad to see a news source reflecting on roleplaying games in a positive light (that's a refreshing change :)). I never inserted on URL into a post before, but I'll give it a try. Hopefully I did this right...

Role-playing games pull reluctant school kids into a supportive crowd / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

edit-- Oops, I noticed the source I pointed to is the Christain Science Monitor. I'm not intending this thread to be used to discuss religion or anything like that. I was looking at the content of the article. From what I understand, the CSM is a well-respected world news source based in the US.

Last edited:

malraux

First Post
Iedit-- Oops, I noticed the source I pointed to is the Christain Science Monitor.

FWIW, CSM is a pretty well regarded and unbiased paper. Certainly quoting them is no more introducing politics than quoting from something like the Arkansas Democrat.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I'm glad to see a news source reflecting on roleplaying games in a positive light (that's a refreshing change :)). I never inserted on URL into a post before, but I'll give it a try. Hopefully I did this right...

Role-playing games pull reluctant school kids into a supportive crowd / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

edit-- Oops, I noticed the source I pointed to is the Christain Science Monitor. I'm not intending this thread to be used to discuss religion or anything like that. I was looking at the content of the article. From what I understand, the CSM is a well-respected world news source based in the US.

The Christian Science Monitor is not religiously partisan so there is no need to worry.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I honestly do not think I have ever read a more positive article about D&D and RPGs in a mainstream newspaper.

That would be "Evar". As in never once in 35 years have I read an article as positive as that one.

Gary and Dave would be justifiably proud. In fairness though, I think the real credit in this case goes to the proprietors of The Game Loft.

Remove ads