[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
A Chef's Request

Chef%20Auguste%20Escoffier.jpg

Cast
- Calisto, Tiefling Psion (Velmont) died collecting a ghoul, a coup de grace from a ghast finished her off
- Fissure, Goliath Monk (stonegod) died collecting a ghoul, a blast of cold from a dragonborn finished off the goliath
- Nejs Ragan, Half-Elf Ardent (Walking Dad) died collecting a ghoul, a blast of cold from a dragonborn finished off the half-elf
- Ghorgor Bay, Goliath Battlemind (Mal Malenkirk)
- Morko Udoain, Half-orc Barbarian (pw3r3r) - died collecting gelatinous cube, an aura from chillborn zombie finished him.
- J'ryi, Dragonborn Fighter (Karmic_vegeance) died collecting a ghoul, a bite from a ghast finished him off as he died protecting Calisto
- Willow, Elf Druid (industrygothica)
- Fracture, Revenant (Goliath) Monk (stonegod)
- Eryto Gnoll Ranger (Karmic_vegeance)
- Ronen Deva Wizard (Walking Dad)

To Find Some Ingredients

The group gathers in front of the Hanged Man, the famous chef, Georges Auguste Escoffier, leads the party to his restaurant, Le Faisan d'Or.

Game Stats

XP
Awarded 6/12:
- 1056 for all initial members (except Morko)
- 690 for Morko
Awarded 10/6:
- 2116 for Calisto/Fissure/Nejs/Ghorgor
- 2032 for J'yri/Willow

Treasure
- Battleforged Full Plate +1
- Inescapable Greatspear +1
- Amulet of Elegy +1
- 360 gp
- 2 additional healing potions
- Dwarven Thrower Warhammer +1
- Staff of Resilience +1
- 750 gp

Quests
- Major: Acquire all Ingredients
- Minor: Acquire: Small Gelatinous Cube
Ghoul
Kuo-toa oil
Grick Tentacle
Myconid Truffle
Tendriculous
Bulette
Sahuagin eggs
Kruthik

[sblock=Rules]Welcome to the game! Action can begin now. Please put a summary of your character with a link to the character thread in your first posts and any combat post like so:[sblock=Tondrek]Tondrek—Male Half-orc Artificer 6
Initiative: +7, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 22, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 17 — Speed: 6, 8 when charging
HP: 53/53, Bloodied: 26, Surge: 13, Surges left: 9/10; Half-orc Resilience
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Magic Weapon
Static Shock

Scouring Weapon
Repulsion Strike

Icebound Sigil
Flameheart Defender

Healing Infusion x2
Swift Mender
Furious Assault

Regeneration Infusion
Battle Staff +1 (daily)
Targeting Crossbow +2 (daily)
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (encounter)
Skald's Leather Armor +2 (daily)
Onyx Dog (daily)
2 Clockwork Bombs
2 Woundpatches
2 Alchemist's Acids

Doggie—Construct 4
Initiative +7; Low-light, Passive Perception 17
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 22/9; Bloodied 4

Full character sheet[/sblock] Feel free to make your own rolls, linking to Invisible Castle or some other place for the result. For some rolls, I'll take 10 for you most of the time. Please post your speech and thoughts in your character's color, using italics for the latter. I prefer players who post about once a day, and I will NPC or write out characters who are inactive for short or long periods of time. OOC text should be in grey, like this or in sblocks.

Have fun![/sblock]

[sblock=A thanks for stonegod]
Just giving sg props for the above set-up, shamelessly copied by me[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Georges leads you all to through the thoroughfares of the city and towards the Inner Bay, where he explains that his restaurant is located. You know that the area is home to several wealthy seaside neighbourhoods and sure enough the streets are cleaner, more guards patrol the area and there are even streetlamps lit, not with flames like in the poorer areas, but with magic.

If takes some time to reach Le Faisan d'Or, but the wait is worth it. The view is magnificent as it overlooks the bay and the sea and with the land dropping away quickly from the balcony, it almost makes the restaurant appear to be flying.

croatia052.jpg

"Come, grab a seat, I will grab some food as you are probably hungry for a real fare after eating that tavern gruel" the chef says excitedly and runs into the back room. After a bit of time he brings out several exotic plates and places them in front of you.

[sblock=Plates]
cafeShawFancyMeal1823.jpg

gallery-fancy-meal.jpg

FancyPlatedMeal.jpg
[/sblock]

"Ok, so I've paired the dishes with an excellent 10 year old port that should tantalize the palate and bring out the subtle hints of mulberry that are evident in the Béchamel. Bon Appétit" Georges says and waits anxiously.

After trying the food, which is truly flavourful if not entirely filling, the chef begins to speak again "So, as I mentioned earlier, I am willing to pay handsomely if you aid me in the upcoming chef's challenge. The first ingredient I require is the most important. It is a small gelatinous cube, they are well known for their acidic qualities, but in small doses I suspect that they will be an excellent way to soften some of the tough meat I will require. So, the first one is laid out for you. I require you to locate a small cube and return it unharmed to me, if it is destroyed it is of no use as the acids it creates will not be present. I have a special container you can transport it in, a special kind of steel that is quite valuable. It is called stainless" he says, pulling out a container it looks like it can only hold something that's about the size of your palm.

Air_Tight_Container_Stainless_Steel.jpg

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Towering over even Ghorgor, Fissure follows behind carefully. At the resturaunt, his eyes are wide, having never seen such opulence. He is a bit taken aback by all of it. The Path finds such things uncecissary. Not wrong, but unneeded. A distraction from feeling the Stone.

The goliath carefully leans his rooted up tree against one of the pillars near the window, its broken-off branch stubs obscuring the view some. He eats carefully, tasting everything. He does not add to the conversation, but listens.[sblock=Fissure]Fissure—Male Goliath Stone Fist Monk
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 15, Will: 14 — Speed: 6
HP: 25/25, Bloodied: 12, Surge: 6, Surges left: 8/8
Powers -
Crane's Wings
Five Storms
Stone Fist Flurry of Blows

Awakening the Slumbering Hurt
Spinning Leopard Maneuver
Stone's Endurance

Fissure - http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Fissure_(stonegod)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 1

"Goodbye. Adventure... cooking awaits." Nejs says as he leaves the tavern.

Neys is shocked at the importance the taste seems to have here. In his monastry only nutrions were important...

"That looks... delicious. What do you need us for? What shall we aquire for you?"

[sblock=ooc]

The character isn't yet approved:
Nejs Ragan

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Calisto sits down and starts to taste the meal. "Pretty impressive." she listen to Georges. "A small Gelatinous Cube? My adoptive mother have spoken to me about such creature once, but she was talking about cube large enough to eat Fissure or Ghorgor. Are you aware of where such creature can be found?"

[sblock=Calisto]Calisto—Female Tiefling Psion 1
Initiative: +0, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC: 14, Fort: 12, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 26/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 6, Surges left: 8/8;
Powers -
Dishearten
Mind Thrust
Distract
Send Thoughts
Diabolic Transformation - (Black Wrath of Hell)
Ravening Thought

Full character sheet[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"I'm afraid I am unaware of the location of such a unique creature, but that's precisely why I require it. That shall be part of the contract with you, to locate the particular creature and return the required ingredient to me." Georges replies. "I will be right back, dessert awaits" the chef says, moving into the kitchen and returning shortly with an interesting dish.

"It is called a raspberry souffle, enjoy" he says

[sblock=dessert]
Raspberry_Souffle_Glace_by_Heidilu22.jpg
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"And you are talking about other ingredients, what else do you need? And how much time will we have to gather them all?"

renau1g

First Post
"Hmm....well there are a variety of ingredients needed. I will require some way to paralyze many of the creatures. I've heard that a creature called a ghoul has some way of doing this, that if it could be harvested, would help preserve the meat of the main course. Some kuo-toa oil as a sauce for the salad, grick tentacles as an appetizer, myconoid truffles, tendriculos salad, bulette steak, and for desert sahaguin eggs and boiled kruthik. Time is of the essence, the competition is only a few weeks away. I can magically keep the ingredients in stasis as you bring them to keep them from spoiling." Georges replies.

[sblock=ooc]
As an FYI, this is a somewhat light-hearted adventure that anyone will have an opportunity to jump out of if they ever wish. Just wanted a sandbox-y game. You can go after anything in order that you want. Actually the ooze doesn't have to be first either, it was just the first I wrote up. Once you decide on which creature to go after, there may be special instructions for its capture/kill/harvesting and likely a few hiccups along the way, else it might be boring [/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Let's resume...

- You need a small gelatinous cube for his ability to dissolve
- You need a ghoul for his ability to paralyze.

That should be the two first we get I guess. Than for your meals, you'll need:

- Kuo-toa oil
- Grick Tentacle
- Myconid Truffle
- Tendriculous
- Bulette
- Sahuagin eggs
- Kruthik

Am I missing anything?"

Calisto scratch her head a moment, trying to gather as much knowledge as she can about those creature, not sure having heard of all of them.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Arcana +6, Dungeoneering +1, History +4, Nature +1, Religion +4... I am not sure which one to use for which, but I doubt I'll be able to gather enough information just from Calisto knowledge. Does she knows anything about the location of each of them, and anything that would help the group to survive to any of those creature.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
My thoughts for how I was going to approach it was a small skill challenge to locate them, if you fail, there's a cost, either a substandard specimen, resulting in a lower reward, or having to hire a scholar to research it for you and therefore a cost (same thing as lower reward). If you'd like to roll for them appropriate skills are:

- You need a small gelatinous cube for his ability to dissolve - dungeoneering or arcana
- You need a ghoul for his ability to paralyze. - religion
- Kuo-toa oil - nature
- Grick Tentacle - dungeoneering
- Myconid Truffle - dungeoneering
- Tendriculous - nature
- Bulette - nature
- Sahuagin eggs - nature
- Kruthik - nature
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads