Pathfinder 1E Proposal - LEW with Pathfinder Rules

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I gave this some thought last night and came up with what seems to be the solution folks are leaning toward here - a whole new living world to explore!

I have an offer/suggestion for the physical world:

I have a map of an entire world (Earth size) that I would be willing to contribute. The map is geographic only - landmasses, major rivers, mountain ranges, etc. It's done topographic style rather than gaming style, and I've got elevation, temperature, rainfall, and climate (e.g. tropical forest, temperate grasslands) maps to go with it. You can look at the map here. I'd take out the place names, obviously.

This would provide a huge amount of space for a sandbox type exploration - GMs could pick a spot in the world to start their games, and begin the process of mapping an entire world.

I know Paizo has disallowed the Golarion setting, but they may be willing to allow the deities (IMHO, an excellent pantheon!), planar settings, demons and devils, etc. That would get a good bit done for us.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SelcSilverhand has started a discussion thread in the "Pathfinder RPG Discussion Thread" folder.

Could we possibly move discussion over there, as it seems a new 'LPW' is the way we're heading? It would be good if we had all the talk in one place, I think, otherwise we'll be off to a very chaotic start.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'm mostly echoing recent sentiments, but I think converting LEW to LPW is a bad idea. We have plenty to lose by converting, and nothing to lose by simply making a new world and letting LEW continue uninterrupted.

I officially vote NO, with the recommendation that discussion continue in another venue about creating a Living Pathfinder World. L4W is doing great, and I think LPW has good prospects, too.

Walking Dad

First Post
???

If I want to create create a cleric with the same name, background and domains in another thread, that is my decision. And I would have to ask the new 'LPW' judges, if it is fine for me to create him at a higher level, because I have a higher level character with the same name, background and domains in another Living World.

Recreating a character in another world doesn't make the original character automatic obsolete.

Trouvere

Explorer
Exactly. Lots of people have recreated a favourite character for a new setting. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't know that it would necessarily be a great idea for LPW to have some players starting with higher level PCs, though. It might help to kickstart with some adventures that are more interesting than the usual 1st level sort. But it might cause some amount of ill-feeling with newcomers, if they're required to start at a lower level (LEB allowed each player three PCs, one to begin at 1st, one at up to 2nd and one at up to 3rd) while they see others essentially skip over what will take them a couple of years of LPW play.

On the other hand, if the intention was for the LPW PC to be the very same individual as the LEW character, somehow having transferred to the new world, then that makes large cosmological claims regarding the LEW universe, so would definitely be a matter for discussion here.

Walking Dad

First Post

On the other hand, if the intention was for the LPW PC to be the very same individual as the LEW character, somehow having transferred to the new world, then that makes large cosmological claims regarding the LEW universe, so would definitely be a matter for discussion here.

Yes, maybe a fresh (1st level) start would be best.

Who is 'owning' the LEW pantheon? But I don't think we will need it. It is easy enough to take your favorite (real or fiction) pantheon and rename it and decide about domains.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases