"Older News" button mislabeled

Noumenon

First Post
I decided to read EnWorld's news feature for the first time today because Morrus twittered "Dungeon Tiles for Ipad / No more D&D books defeats pirates / Lawsuits vs. the Internet www.enworld.org" and the link went to the main page.

So I looked at the buttons and saw "Older News, Newsletter, Subscribers Content..." I didn't want older news, I wanted current news, so I tried Newsletter. That was wrong. The "older news" button has the last 14 days of news and could just be labeled "news." In fact it just goes to the same page as the "news" button.

IMO the right place for an "older news" button is at the bottom of the current news page, for people who need to go farther back. There's no way to look more than 14 days back right now, either, so the news about WotC books and pirating is lost to me.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So I looked at the buttons and saw "Older News, Newsletter, Subscribers Content..." I didn't want older news, I wanted current news, so I tried Newsletter. That was wrong. The "older news" button has the last 14 days of news and could just be labeled "news." In fact it just goes to the same page as the "news" button.

Hmmm? What "news" button?

The front page shows the last 5 days' news and the Older News button shows the last 14 days (older) news.

For current news, just hit the front page (www.enworld.org).

Noumenon

First Post
Hmmm? What "news" button?QUOTE]

Up in the top row of "buttons" (images with links), on the left of the "Subscribe for $3!" in bright green.

The front page shows the last 5 days' news and the Older News button shows the last 14 days (older) news.

So it is "older" than the news a front-page user sees, but a forums-only user who interacts with the site from the User Control Panel never sees the front page. So from my perspective it's weird.

So is there any way to see the news archive for older news, like this "No more D&D books defeats pirates" thing? (Which I may just be missing.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So is there any way to see the news archive for older news, like this "No more D&D books defeats pirates" thing? (Which I may just be missing.)

The news forum at the bottom of the forum list contains all the news ever posted on this particular iteration of the software. Goes back to about 2004 or so.

The "no more D&D books defeats pirates" thing was an April Fools joke, of course.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases