Proposal: Versatile Channeller allows you to take any channel divinity power

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak has taken Healer's Mercy for his channel divinity power but I still want to be able to do the archetypical blast of divine will against undead. Both healing and dealing with undead falls within the cleric archetype, after all.

So I have taken the Versatile Channeller feat at level 6. It allows you to take a channel divinity power from another class but not a second one from your own.

I selected Abjured Undead because it uses the same implement (holy symbol). It is a pretty powerful power; it only targets one undead but I'll be doing 4D10+10 (plus vulnerability) and pulling him, preferably right into the fighter. Very powerful.

But seriously... Why can't I take Turn Undead!? Why I can't I select both of the archetypical cleric channel divinity power through the versatile channeler feat?

I'd be much happier with Turn Undead from a flavor POV. Power-wise, it's about the same but it's more cleric-esque and less stiker-esque. It's silly that a paladin can learn turn undead from Versatile Channeler but a cleric can't.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I'm fine with it, i'll wait a little bit for others to chime in though. Wow...Hadrak's already 6th? When I finished with him you were only 3rd right? How quickly they grow up ... ;)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'm fine with it, i'll wait a little bit for others to chime in though. Wow...Hadrak's already 6th? When I finished with him you were only 3rd right? How quickly they grow up ... ;)
Somebody cheated and used DM Points. Grumble grumble. :angel:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
You caught me! I edited. But one of these days I will successfully cheat and nobody will understand how Hadrak has reached Epic before anybody else reached paragon. MWAHAHAHAH!

renau1g

First Post
You could always just say his god granted him powers... nobody can question the gods right? ;)

Hey! What are you doing online? Montreal's up 4-3 in the third

covaithe

Explorer
I'm perfectly happy with Hadrak using VC to take turn undead. I'm a little worried about the wording of the proposal. "allows you to take any CD power" is awfully broad.

renau1g

First Post
cov, that's what the feat is anyways right, except that the feat says any class other than your own.

Versatile Channeler

Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Any divine class, Channel Divinity class feature
Benefit: Choose a divine class other than your own and a Channel Divinity power available as a class feature for that class. Add that Channel Divinity power to your list of available Channel Divinity powers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases