[TV] Doctor Who

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's a bit of an empty spot in my weekend where a new episode should have been.

Yeah, it sucks.

If it's any help - Matt Smith is guest-starring as The Doctor in two Sarah Jane Adventures epsiodes this year, there will likely be a Children-in-Need 5-minute quickie, and there's the Christmas Special to look forward to on Christmas Day (admittedly that's 6 months away).

horacethegrey

First Post
I too felt a tang of disappointment to find that no Doctor Who is there to entertain me on the weekends. Still, it's not all bad. The season finale was spectacular enough for me to look forward to next season. Unlike say, the finales to season 3 & 4, where Russell T. Davies seemed to pile on everything but the kitchen sink with no regards to any sort of plot. It's a testament to Steven Moffat's skill that he's able to make the program fresh and exciting again.

Felon

First Post
So, no new season until 2011? That's a long, painful wait. I guess the Christmas Special will resolve the cliffhanger?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Why did the tardis explode?

I'm not sure that qualifies as a "cliffhanger".

Anyway, in asnwer to Felon's question - I very much doubt the Xmas special will resolve that. As far as I'm aware, that's the series arc for next year - what is "the silence"?; who took control of the TARDIS?; why did the TARDIS explode?

I expect the Xmas Special will be a one-off romp.

horacethegrey

First Post
I'm not sure that qualifies as a "cliffhanger".

Anyway, in asnwer to Felon's question - I very much doubt the Xmas special will resolve that. As far as I'm aware, that's the series arc for next year - what is "the silence"?; who took control of the TARDIS?; why did the TARDIS explode?

I expect the Xmas Special will be a one-off romp.
True that. Moffat has also said that aside from the Silence one more mystery will be resolved next season. I refer of course to River Song. Who she is and how she first meets the Doctor (from her perspective).

SolitonMan

Explorer
Well, finally got through The Big Bang this weekend here on BBCA. Great season, lots of fun eps, totally cool story. I like that while the "minor" problem of the destruction of the universe was resolved, the larger issue of who is responsible is ultimately still unknown. Great fodder for speculation.

One thing that really brought home to me that this is ultimately a kids' show was the fact we didn't actually see River just blast away the revived Dalek in the museum. :) I've always found the Daleks' and Davros' sense of moral indignation to be frustratingly amusing. Like in Journey's End, where Dalek Caan was going on and on about the "Doctor's soul will be revealed," and then Davros is lambasting the Doctor over the people who've died in his name. And then boasts about creating the Daleks, and chastises the Doctor for his destructiveness...it's like, "Dude, you're trying to ERASE REALITY! Get some frikkin' perspective!" :hmm:

I'm totally looking forward to the Christmas special, which I guess we'll see over here what, some time soon after the New Year? ;)

Remove ads