A Merc's Life [OOC 02]

mleibrock

First Post
Mikey,

Work is really bad for me right now and I want to look over my options carefully. I'll get to updating Tsadok over the weekend.

I guess I was wrong, from the way that head was acting, I thought he was bluffing. With XP like that, I think we made the right choice.:cool:

Scotley

Hero
Keeland gains a level as a Bard. He gains:

Inspire Competence (Su): A bard of 3rd level or higher
can use his performance to help an ally succeed at a task.
That ally must be within 30 feet and be able to hear the
bard. The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill as long as she continues to hear the bard’s performance. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels the bard has attained beyond 3rd (+3 at 7th, +4 at 11th, +5 at 15th, and +6 at 19th). Certain uses of this ability are infeasible, such as Stealth, and may be disallowed at the GM’s discretion. A bard can’t inspire competence in himself. Inspire competence relies on audible components.

He gains +1 to BAB and Fort Saves
Can cast one additional 1st level spell per day and now knows Resistance and Confusion, Lesser
Add skill ranks in Linguistics, Perception, Perform (3 different ones), Spellcraft, Knowledge (religion and geography)

Feat--Rapid Shot

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I'll gain access to 2nd level prayers. Do I need to wait until a good night's rest to have access to them?

BAB & Ref saves are +1
CHannel Energy is bumped up, and we gain a feat right? If so, I'm leaning towards Shield Focus

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yes, you do get a feat. Shield Focus is a nice one.

Yes, you'll need to pray and get a good night's rest before gaining access to new spells/prayers/etc. Other benefits (HP, BAB, Feats, etc.) you have access to as of now.

Leif

Adventurer
Is that another feat in addition to any Ranger Bonus Feat? :) If so, Houwlou will take Combat Expertise.

[12K posts!!:D ]

renau1g

First Post
Cool, thanks Mowgli. I'll try and update the CS tomorrow. Today's going to be crazy here, I've got a client meeting in an hour or so until lunch and then a "fun" conference call with CRA to discuss an ongoing audit. Ah.... corporate tax audits... so much fun...it hurts. Shield Focus seems like it would fit a dwarven mentality so that's what I'll likely go with.

Oh, kind of funny story. Yesterday I was hanging out with my boys and they were playing with their trains, so I was flipping through the module. Jude saw it and ran over to me, pointing to the front cover and then saying "rawr, rawr". He loves Monsters, Inc. and so I thought I'd go through the various illustrations in the book and explain them to him. He now knows about trolls, dragons (not in the module, but they look like one), and barghests (who they called "woof-woofs"). My wife came down as I was explaining the monsters to the boys and just shook her head. Then Jude proceeded to take the book from me and take it to my wife saying "Dragon....rawr,rawr" as he chased her around with it...ahh...good times... now I just need to get them rolling dice as opposed to trying to eat them. My wife insists 2 years old is too young for it still...

Remove ads