A Merc's Life [OOC 02]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
engine and drive train running good, frame rusted beyond economical repair- it is a 1993 with 253,XXX miles on it.

renau1g

First Post
My first car was a 1991 Toyota Corolla. I drove it from high school until university was done. It ended up with over 320k km's on it (just shy of 200k miles). Sadly, the engine was starting to have some major problems (well, that and I got a job at GM...not the best to roll in with your #1 competitor's product)

Scott DeWar

a quick game related question

can you make things like scrolls and potions while being sick as a dog?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
What's this? A game related question in the discussion thread? Surely that doesn't belong here! :p

I know of no ruling that would keep you from making scrolls and potions while ill, though it sort of goes against the grain. Anyone else know of anything preventing it?

For sure if you're trying to recover from damage such activity would not count as 'restful.'

Leif

Adventurer
I don't know of any specific rule to prevent it, but I agree, Mowgli, that it doesn't sound overly restful. Hmmm, the strongest argument that I can think of against the idea looks at the situation from an RP standpoint: A really sick character would probably not feel like mixing potions and scribing scrolls, would he? (Not to even mention that he might wind up blowing his nose on his scroll vellum.)

To be totally fair, however, this does remind me of something that one of your characters would try, Mowgs. ;)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

the potion thing would not be too restful, but scribing a scroll? . . . .

and Harnrey can only scribe a scroll-no brew potion feat at this time.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I've edited my previous post since you made your posting, I think, DeWar. And I also think that scroll scribing is supposed to require more effort and mental energy than just making out a shopping list. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases