A Merc's Life [OOC 02]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harnrey Drextin - Battle Conjurer.

Born of a father who was a man of the blade and mother, an assistant court magician, he was taught the ways of war and the ways of wizardry. He was taught to use many weapons, but only one really was learned: A battle axe, one that was taken by hos father as a prize from a war in his father's early years. It was a hard win that almost cost Harnrey Sr.'s life, so he claimed it as his, with the permission of his captain for fighting so valiantly. His mother taught hm how to cast spells in battle as she commanded a unit of dweamor knights. He now has taken to the field of battle to earn a name for himself, which bring us to our young hero's day and time .. .. .. .. ..

Will this work for you Mowgli?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mowgs, I recall now some story about Houwlou's brother who became 'chief' of their pack becauise his mother was their father's favored consort, and Houwlou's mother was more of a concubine sort of bitch. Still, Houwlou and this brother were quite close and got along well. I just can't remember his name to save my life. I'm hoping this may spur your memory?

Ah, yes! Harrgras Groulenas was his brother, now the alpha of his old pack. Not being chosen by his father as "alpha in training" let to bad feelings and Houwlou's leaving the pack. For a few years now he's been making his way as a guide in the Katapeshi wilderness. But Olcán are pack creatures, and Houwlou's been in search of a new "pack" to fill that void. The current group is his new family. I don't remember any more details - feel free to fill them in as you will.

Harnrey Drextin - Battle Conjurer.

Born of a father who was a man of the blade and mother, an assistant court magician, he was taught the ways of war and the ways of wizardry. He was taught to use many weapons, but only one really was learned: A battle axe, one that was taken by hos father as a prize from a war in his father's early years. It was a hard win that almost cost Harnrey Sr.'s life, so he claimed it as his, with the permission of his captain for fighting so valiantly. His mother taught hm how to cast spells in battle as she commanded a unit of dweamor knights. He now has taken to the field of battle to earn a name for himself, which bring us to our young hero's day and time .. .. .. .. ..

Will this work for you Mowgli?

It works for me if it works for you. My main goal is to renew the sense of the characters as whole people - with personalities, goals and quirks - rather than collections of numbers and stats that are of no use other than in a fight.

Leif

Adventurer
Ah, yes! Harrgras Groulenas was his brother, now the alpha of his old pack. Not being chosen by his father as "alpha in training" let to bad feelings and Houwlou's leaving the pack. For a few years now he's been making his way as a guide in the Katapeshi wilderness. But Olcán are pack creatures, and Houwlou's been in search of a new "pack" to fill that void. The current group is his new family. I don't remember any more details - feel free to fill them in as you will.
Harrgras's mother was more favored than Houwlou's, so he ascended above Houwlou in the pecking order, even though he is slightly younger than Houwlou., to say nothing of Houwlou's far superior hunting and tracking skills.

Scotley

Hero
I haven't been able to find a copy of Keeland yet. Got one more place to check this evening. You would not believe how many characters I have created over the years. Just the ones for Pathfinder. Dozens.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Progress Update

Work's coming along nicely on the Google Site. Got the "Supporting Cast" and "Notable Villains" pages finished up, as well as the "Party Loot Log."

"The Players," "Journals" and "Library" are also complete, with currently used maps and my House Rules in the Library.

I've also finished entering Harnry and Houwlou's characters. To keep the character sheets simple, I'm listing weapons by type (Longsword, BattleAxe, etc) with a notation in the "Other" column to indicate what variations (+1, MW, etc) the character has. Numbers for attack, damage, etc. do NOT include modifiers for these variations.

One of the cool things about this template is that there are a LOT of useful links to specific pages on the d20PFSRD site - check the bottom of the sidebar for these. They make a very handy way to reference some commonly used rules (such as you'd find on a GM Screen) quickly.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I only have two things. so far . . . . .

1. Could you add under weapons: [Ranged touch attack +4/ damage varies] ?

2. I thought you told Mike l. that the con drain was gone via spells, and I saw Harnrey still had his. Shouldn't his be cured by now too?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
  1. I could, or you could. I've set the permissions for each of you to be able to edit your sheets (so you can make the changes at level up). Just click the little pencil button at the top right of the page, put your cursor in the box and type.
  2. That's entirely possible. Now that you mention it I do think I recall you guys buying some scrolls to take care of it.

Remove ads