Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I hate being a pawn, but it seems we have to play this game to further ourselves."

Nyar points 'Tinder' to the southern kobolds.

"I might suggest that we stay back from the podium in case our 'benefactors' wanted to contribute their trouble to this mix."

With a flick of the wand, fire explodes near the southern kobolds.

[sblock=actions] Scorching burst +8. #3 1d20+8 → [7,8] = (15), #4
1d20+8 → [15,8] = (23) Roll Lookup

Damage 1d6+6, 1d6 → ([4, 6], [6]) Roll Lookup So 10 damage, and if I hit the first one 15 vs. reflex he takes 16.

**Hit both**

Shift to square I 14

**I14 is two squares away and occupied by Baern. I've placed you in H14.**[/sblock]

The flame clears and the kobolds charge through the smoke angry and charred. One of the northern group shouts "Wizard!" and the duo veers their course slightly to slice into the wizard twice over.

The other two come up at Dalvach. He deflects one blow but the other cuts him well.

[sblock=ooc]
Kobold 1 moves to J9. Charges Nyar at H13. 26 vs AC, 6 damage and Nyar is marked until the end Kobold 1's next turn
Kobold 2 moves to J9. Charges Nyar at I13. 19 vs AC, 9 damage and Nyar is marked until the end Kobold 2's next turn
Kobold 3 moves to K14. Charges Dalvach at J16. 13 vs AC, Miss
Kobold 4 moves to I18. Charges Dalvach at I16. 21 vs AC, 10 damage and Dalvach is marked until the end Kobold 4's next turn[/sblock]

----------------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 1

18; Nyar; G14; 18/33; Marked by Kobold 2; Acted
16; Kobolds; Acted
1; N5
2; O4
3; O22; -16 hp
4; N23; -10 hp
11; Dalvach; I15; 33/43; Marked by Kobold 4;
7; Baern; I14; 47/47;

Stats

Kobold
R 13

White boxes are doors or portcullises. Wavy lines are curtains. The walls are 35 ft and lined with spikes, except on the platform. That's 40 ft and lined with spikes.

[sblock=map]
Arena03.png
[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Ok this is probably my fault (it is) and I'm totally cool if you don't let it go off but I'd like to use my Immediate Interrupt of Endure Pain Utility to resist 8 of that damage. Again, if it's not okay then that's that. That being said, Nyar I said move south! grrr...[/sblock]

"Ach!! Come on ye wee flaxen lasses! My great grand-mom can swing an axe harder than that!"

Dalvach spits in the kobolds face and laughs maniacally. "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, vermin!"

[sblock=Actions] Standard-Energizing strike on kobold 4. 1d20+9 → [18,9] = (27) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2565834/ for 1d10+5 → [10,5] = (15) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2565836/ and Nyar can gain 6 temporary hit points. Shift (Move) to H16. Then a minor action to Ardent Surge *your surge plus 5* Nyar. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2565843/

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Ardent Mantle- Mantle of Clarity. Allies within 5 get +3 to all defenses against opportunity attacks. +2 to Perception and Insight checks.
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 22 AC: 21 NAD:16/13/17 HP: 33(41?)/43
Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1 Languages: Common, Dwarven Str:10 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:18
Powers: At-Will- Ire Strike, Prescient Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter: Fey Strike Craghammer
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Endure Pain, Wormhole Plunge, Targeting Repeating Crossbow [/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Scorpius, I forgot to include this because I wasn't sure if the first attack hit, but with my destructive wizardry, the two kobolds take +2 damage. So kobold #3 takes 18 and kobold #4 takes 12 :D [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern moves slowly to react to the sudden charge of the kobolds. His small axe swings out trying to keep the kobolds from charging Nyar but it comes up short.

The hand over his shounder draws out a wicked looking waraxe. It has multiple serrated edges and spines all over it Claw whispers the dwarf. He looks to the kobold right next to him and brings the large axe down on its head. He follows up with a chopping swing with his smaller handaxe. His face is set grim as he puts up his guard against the attackers. Stay close, wizard, claw will keep them away.

[sblock=mechanics] Immediate Reaction: Disrupting Strike 1d20+8=10 Miss
Minor: Draw Opportunistic Waraxe
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on kobold in I13
Standard: Twin Strike on kobold in I13 1d20+9=25;1d12+3=13;1d20+8=19;1d6+2=7 and 1d6=6 means if both hit he takes 26 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 47/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay, busy couple of days. Once the kobolds go, Nyar, you can post at any time. No need to wait for the others PCs allies to be resolved.

+2 damage to kobolds recognized. This bloodies one of the kobolds.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Ok this is probably my fault (it is) and I'm totally cool if you don't let it go off but I'd like to use my Immediate Interrupt of Endure Pain Utility to resist 8 of that damage. Again, if it's not okay then that's that. That being said, Nyar I said move south! grrr...

**You guys can totally roll Interrupts after my damage rolls because you are not sitting over my shoulder while I type. Thats cool with me.**[/sblock]

"Ach!! Come on ye wee flaxen lasses! My great grand-mom can swing an axe harder than that!"

Dalvach spits in the kobolds face and laughs maniacally. "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, vermin!"

[sblock=Actions] Probably an energizing strike but I need to wait to see what else I'm going to do depending on Scorpius's ruling for Endure Pain.[/sblock]

Baern moves slowly to react to the sudden charge of the kobolds. His small axe swings out trying to keep the kobolds from charging Nyar but it comes up short.

The hand over his shounder draws out a wicked looking waraxe. It has multiple serrated edges and spines all over it Claw whispers the dwarf. He looks to the kobold right next to him and brings the large axe down on its head. He follows up with a chopping swing with his smaller handaxe. His face is set grim as he puts up his guard against the attackers. Stay close, wizard, claw will keep them away.

[sblock=mechanics] Immediate Reaction: Disrupting Strike 1d20+8=10 Miss
Minor: Draw Opportunistic Waraxe
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on kobold in I13
Standard: Twin Strike on kobold in I13 1d20+9=25;1d12+3=13;1d20+8=19;1d6+2=7 and 1d6=6 means if both hit he takes 26 damage.

**both hit. He's bloodied.**
[/sblock]

Initiative!

Round 1

18; Nyar; G14; 18/33; Marked by Kobold 2; Acted
16; Kobolds; Acted
1; H13; 36/36
2; I13; 10/36; Quarry, Bloodied
3; O22; 18/36; Bloodied
4; N23; 24/36;
11; Dalvach; I15; 41/43; Marked by Kobold 4; Pending
7; Baern; I14; 47/47;

Round 2

Nyar;

Stats

Kobold
AC 18 R 13

White boxes are doors or portcullises. Wavy lines are curtains. The walls are 35 ft and lined with spikes, except on the platform. That's 40 ft and lined with spikes.

[sblock=map]
Arena03.png
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Ugh! Ouch" Nyar grunts with the kobold's attacks.

Almost as quickly as he feels the damage, Nyar feels enlightened and energized by Dalvach's presence and mental encouragements.

With an apologetic look to Baern, Nyar steps back from the two charging kobolds and levels his wand at the one still realing from Baern's blow. With power behind the movement, an arcane bolt flies straight and true into the kobold's chest.

[sblock=actions] Nyar shifts to space G15. Standard action: Magic missle versus kobold #2: 1d20+8, 2d4+6 → ([17, 8], [2, 3, 6])
Roll Lookup So kobold #2 takes 11 damage.
If I trigger any OA from casting, I think I have a +7 to AC from my feat (battle caster defense) and Dalvach's ardent effect. If any from moving, I think just the +3 from Dalvach's ability.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: (+6) 31/33 Surges: 5/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post

[sblock=Actions] Standard-Energizing strike on kobold 4. 1d20+9 → [18,9] = (27) Roll Lookup for 1d10+5 → [10,5] = (15) Roll Lookup and Nyar can gain 6 temporary hit points. Shift (Move) to H16. Then a minor action to Ardent Surge *your surge plus 5* Nyar. Roll Lookup

**Hit**
[/sblock]

"Ugh! Ouch" Nyar grunts with the kobold's attacks.

Almost as quickly as he feels the damage, Nyar feels enlightened and energized by Dalvach's presence and mental encouragements.

With an apologetic look to Baern, Nyar steps back from the two charging kobolds and levels his wand at the one still realing from Baern's blow. The follow in his wake as if drawn in by his motions. With power behind the movement, an arcane bolt flies straight and true into the kobold's chest and collapses in a heap, two swords swingy through the air in response.

[sblock=actions] Nyar shifts to space G15.
**Kobold 1 shifts to G14 as an Immediate Reaction. Kobold 2 shifts to H14 as an Immediate Reaction**

Standard action: Magic missle versus kobold #2: 1d20+8, 2d4+6 → ([17, 8], [2, 3, 6])
Roll Lookup So kobold #2 takes 11 damage.
If I trigger any OA from casting, I think I have a +7 to AC from my feat (battle caster defense) and Dalvach's ardent effect. If any from moving, I think just the +3 from Dalvach's ability.

**Two OAs from casting. Both Miss due to bonuses to AC.

Hits and kills kobold 2.**[/sblock]

The kobolds quickly slide into a new formation their anger clearly aimed at the powerful wizard. Two more swords dig into his side.

[sblock=ooc]Kobold 1 shifts to F16.
Attacks Nyar. [urlhttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2567500/]22 vs AC, 5[/url] damage. Nyar is marked TENT

Kobold 3 shifts to I17. Attacks Dalvach. Miss

Kobold 4 shifts to H15. Attacks Nyar 27 vs AC, 5 damage. Nyar is marked TENT[/sblock]

Initiative!

Round 2

18; Nyar; G15; 23/33; Marked by Kobold 4; Acted
16; Kobolds; Acted
1; F16; 36/36
3; I17; 18/36; Bloodied
4; H15; 9/36; Bloodied
11; Dalvach; H16; 41/43;
7; Baern; I14; 47/47;

Round 3

Nyar;

Stats

Kobold
AC 18 R 13

[sblock=map]
Arena04.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
As the kobold next to Baern strikes out at Nyar, the dwarf swings his large axe to intercept it. He lops off the creature's head and turns to face the remaining two.

[sblock=OOC] Kobold 4 triggers Battle Awareness, Baern gets a MBA as an immediate interrupt 1d20+9=24 (vs AC) for 1d12+7=16 damage. Dead![/sblock]

I told you wizard, Claw likes blood but I can control him. He glances at the remaining two and focuses on the injured creature. Faster than the eye can follow, Baern throws his small handaxe at the kobold. The axe flies high over the creature's head, but it was just a distraction as Baern charges in with his giant waraxe held in both hands. Another head is lopped off by the now blood-stained Claw.

[sblock=OOC] Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Kobold 3
Standard: Throw and Stab (charge to H16) on K3 1d20+8=9 (crit fail) and 1d20+10=24 (vs AC) for 1d12+8=16 damage plus 1d6=6 for 22 total. Dead!
Only 1 immediate reaction left, but I doubt I am the one that is going to be attacked.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 20 NAD:18/14/16
HP: 47/47 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Scorpius, nice new pic! Can you check my math? I think I had 6 THP from Dalvach and 31 HP after heal, so I think I have 27HP now. Also, this is a newbie question, can you have more than one mark on you? I thought one mark would overwrite the other? Thanks

edit: whoops simultaneous post with JM! Nice round![/sblock]

Remove ads