Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar gathers his staff, tightens his belt and gear and makes sure 'Tinder' is safe at hand.

"Then let us be off."

[sblock=ooc] Scorpius, I assume we will circle the building and explore the allys first [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The party circles round to the other side of the block, near the Battle Pitt before they begin their reconnaissance. A quick check between everyone, and they're ready to go.

The Pitt is just finishing letting in the latest crowd, so you should be able to use the last people being admitted as a bit of cover as you head toward the alley.

The alley is only about five feet wide and quite filthy. You see bits of trash and scrap here and there. The grime will likely make some areas quite slick.

[sblock=ooc]Skill Challenge!

This works kind of like combat without Initiative. Everyone rolls one check of their choosing. Once each party member has made a roll, then you may roll again. Once a PC succeeds with a certain skill, any other rolls of that skill, for that PC, do not count toward success. The same goes for failure. Once you fail with that skill, any other failing rolls do not count with that skill.

For example, Dalvach rolls a successful stealth check in round 1. In round 2 he's going to want to try a different skill in order to gain enough successes to win. However, the other party members can still earn a success with Stealth.

Conversely, if Dalvach thought the other party members were more likely to succeed in other skills than he, but liked his stealth modifier he could try rolling stealth again, knowing that he can't succeed but he might not fail either.

-----------------------

Round 1

Dalvach
Bearn
Nyar

Successes: 0/8
Failures: 0/3

Primary Skills

Stealth DC 12
Perception DC 12
Acrobatics DC 17

You may attempt other skills, as long as they are accompanied by reasonable and/or creative posts. Really reasonable posts will have a DC of 14, less reasonable and more creative will have a DC 19.

Good luck.[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern uses the cover of the crowd to slip into the alleyway. Although his cloak is dark green and brown, he moves it aside to expose more of his slate gray stone armor which blends into the nearby buildings better.

[sblock=OOC] Go for Stealth with Baern first, thinking it isn't the strong suit of the others
1d20+6=16
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Well at this point, I can't come up with anything useful for my strong skills. So I will take the bullet and try the acrobatics check. About 40% success rate. I don't know Dalvach's perception, but I'm guessing he will pass that for our second success. [/sblock]

Nyar tries moving deftly through the crowd, hoping he doesn't catch anymore with his staff...

[sblock=acrobatics] 1d20+5 → [15,5] = (20) AHA!! Nimble little mage!
Roll Lookup [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Skill Challenge!

Just to be absolutely clear, you do not need to roll different skills from one another, you just cannot roll a skill that you've already succeeded on personally, and have it count as an additional success.

-----------------------

Round 1

Dalvach
Bearn
Nyar

Successes: 2/8

Primary Skills

Stealth DC 12
Perception DC 12
Acrobatics DC 17

You may attempt other skills, as long as they are accompanied by reasonable and/or creative posts. Really reasonable posts will have a DC of 14, less reasonable and more creative will have a DC 19.

Good luck.[/sblock]

modest

First Post
Dalvach positions himself in the door frame of the Inkwell, carefully watching who passes by. He quickly tries to spot any unusual activity at the Key Sip, specifically watching for the guard positioned at the door. He fumbles around in his pockets with haste, clearly looking for something in particular. He spies an overweight bearded man who looks like he could possibly be a black smith or follows some sort of physical labor position. Dalvach quickly moves to follow him, out of sight of any eyes that might be watching from the Sip. Once in the alley with Nyar and Baern he makes a quick pocket check and lets out a curse. "..coulda sworn I..son of a goblin wench mother..can't believe I mispla..ah! Nevermind, here it is!" At this, Dalvach produces his second glass cutter. "I must have dropped my other one whilst following the fat human. Ah well, if there's one thing that I've learned in all these years, 'Follow a fat man if you're looking for shade, and always carry a spare." He winks to his comrades and hands the glass cutter over to Baern. "Here lad, I think ye make better use of this than I."

[sblock=Check] Perception check,
1d20+9 → [15,9] = (24) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern enters the alley and looks around, trying to find the best approach to the building. These buildings may be connected on another level... he whispers.

[sblock=OOC]Perception 1d20+12=14 roll, heh
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar shifts throught the crowd like a shadow. No one watching would be able to see the deft maneuvers and positioning. He smiles to himself, "Ya still got it you old library rat."

Changing tactics, Nyar notices a deep bank of shadows close to the alley. He attempts to slip in undetected.

[sblock=stealth] 1d20+5 → [16,5] = (21), Roll Lookup [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm not quite sure how Dalvach's IC information equated to a perception check but I guess his backpack is REALLY disorganized. You beat the check by twelve so I'm taking it and adding an extra success.

Thievery may now be attempted. DC 17.[/sblock]

The three make their way down the alley and soon find what they believe to be the back wall of the back area or the shop. There's a window of glass that looks like it was painted black on the otherside, perhaps this alley once has some light shining through it before this area got more popular, and therefore crowded.

The groups combined senses seem to confirm that the room on the other side is empty, or at least very quiet.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]

Round 2

Dalvach
Bearn; Acted
Nyar; Acted

Successes: 5/8

Primary Skills

Stealth DC 12
Perception DC 12
Acrobatics DC 17
Thievery DC 17

Good luck.[/sblock]

Remove ads