Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern fumbles with the glass cutter for a second before figuring out which end goes towards the window. He moves very slowly and quietly cuts a circle just above where the latch would be on the inside.

[sblock=OOC] Hah, you picked the wrong dwarf for this Thievery check... were those actually thieves tools? Otherwise I only have +2
1d20+2=20! yay, IC finally does me good
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I wasn't sure if we were waiting for Dalvach to make his round two action before we rolled for round three. [/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] The perception part of the check IC was looking around outside and trying to spot the guard..*shrug* lol. It doesn't say anything about a glass cutter giving any bonuses to anything. It just says it takes one minute to cut a hole large enough to put your arm through...it costs more than thieves tools. Up to DM but I vote that glass cutter on a window is an auto 10 then the roll..I'll have to pick up some thieves tools as well but it seems like the two items have entirely different purposes.[/sblock]

Dalvach notices Baern struggling with the glass cutter and briefly recollects the first mission he used one of the handy tools. He whispers quietly as he approaches where Baern is attempting to use the tool. "Oi, it doesn't look like you cut the circle big enough to put your arm through lad. My arm might fit though." Dalvach attempts to oh so carefully place his arm through the hole to find the latch on the other side of the window.

[sblock=Check] Woot, stealth check! I think.. 1d20+2 → [13,2] = (15) Roll Lookup If you're going to call it a thievery check instead, which I can understand, add another two to the bonus for thieves tools otherwise it's a +2 for stealth. thanks!
Also, here's my mostly finished character page http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Dalvach_Dagda_(modest)# [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
The perception part of the check IC was looking around outside and trying to spot the guard..*shrug* lol. It doesn't say anything about a glass cutter giving any bonuses to anything. It just says it takes one minute to cut a hole large enough to put your arm through...it costs more than thieves tools. Up to DM but I vote that glass cutter on a window is an auto 10 then the roll..I'll have to pick up some thieves tools as well but it seems like the two items have entirely different purposes.

Oh looking at the guards. Ha. That makes much more sense.

No, I also don't think a glass cutter should give a bonus to a thievery check, and normally I don't think using would require a check. Since we're trying to be extra quiet, and in the middle of a challenge, I though it would be a good way to open up another usable skill.

It wasn't a big deal that Baern posted before Dalvach. Since there's only 3 of you, it's easy to keep track. I just would't count it until after Dalvachs post.

I've left Baern's post first below, because Dalvach built off of it IC, but mechanically I'm accepting Dalvach's first. Don't think about it too much, I'm being nice.
[/sblock]

Baern fumbles with the glass cutter for a second before figuring out which end goes towards the window. He moves very slowly and quietly cuts a circle just above where the latch would be on the inside.

[sblock=OOC] Hah, you picked the wrong dwarf for this Thievery check... were those actually thieves tools? Otherwise I only have +2
1d20+2=20! yay, IC finally does me good
[/sblock]

Dalvach notices Baern struggling with the glass cutter and briefly recollects the first mission he used one of the handy tools. He whispers quietly as he approaches where Baern is attempting to use the tool. "Oi, it doesn't look like you cut the circle big enough to put your arm through lad. My arm might fit though." Dalvach attempts to oh so carefully place his arm through the hole to find the latch on the other side of the window.

[sblock=Check] Woot, stealth check! I think.. 1d20+2 → [13,2] = (15) Roll Lookup If you're going to call it a thievery check instead, which I can understand, add another two to the bonus for thieves tools otherwise it's a +2 for stealth. thanks!
Also, here's my mostly finished character page http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Dalvach_Dagda_(modest)#

**I don't have a problem calling that a stealth check.** [/sblock]

[sblock=Skill Challenge]

Round 3

Dalvach;
Bearn; Acted
Nyar;

Successes: 7/8
Failures: 0/3

Only one more success to go!

Primary Skills

Stealth DC 12
Perception DC 12
Acrobatics DC 17
Thievery DC 17

You may attempt other skills, as long as they are accompanied by reasonable and/or creative posts. Really reasonable posts will have a DC of 14, less reasonable and more creative will have a DC 19.

Good luck.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar steps forward after Dalvach pulls his hand back through the hole in the glass. He takes one more careful look down the alley before he addresses the now unlocked window.

With a whispered word, Nyar creates a beam of dim light to project from the tip of his wand. He first checks inside the room with no light upon. As he doesn't notice anything in the room, he brings his wand up to softly illuminate the interior of the room.

[sblock=perception] 1d20+3 → [13,3] = (16),
Roll Lookup Haha! We did it! [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Everyone lowers themselves carefully into the room. It appears to be a small office of some kind. There's a desk in one corner and some large binders, a couple of chairs and a rack that seems to have backups, of one particular kind of potion.

If you stick you're head out in the hall you can see a well lit stairwell to the left. From the sound of voices, that would be the shop and the previously encountered guards. The hall continues down to the right, which would bring it under the Battle Pitt.

[sblock=ooc]I won't ask for more stealth checks at this time, but you may want to make some other checks.

Congratulations. What are you gonna do now?[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern moves about the room looking suspicious items, which in his mind are weapons and other contraband he became aware of in his caravan days. He points to the potions with a questioning expression to Nyar.

[sblock=OOC] Uh, perception check I guess 1d20+12=25
Don't know what knowledge is required beyond the law and commerce :)
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
You don't notice any weapons or other odd items in the room. . . except maybe those potions. They're unlabeled and unfamiliar to you, but there's about twelve there and they look relatively new.

[sblock=ooc]I'd like an Arcana check to identify the potions.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
After Baern's perceptive evaluation of the room identifies no risks, Nyar moves toward the potions. He pulls his spellbook from the bottom of his sack, flipping toward the back.

"Xyn was an excellent alchemist," he whispers. "She was always telling me why Horntail was better than Snakeroot... I told her she worried too much..."

Nyar inspects the potions carefully, holding the glass container, moving it back and forth. He looks back at the notes in the spellbook.

"I kept a lot of notes... Xyn made me promise to after the potion cabinet exploded..."

[sblock=arcana] 1d20+12 → [13,12] = (25)
Roll Lookup [/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Nyar]The potion appears to be mostly water, needed obviously to dilute some very strong ingredients before ingesting. You suspect one of the ingredients to be Dream Lily but you're not sure of the others. Certainly at least one other.

This is something you've never seen before.[/sblock]

Remove ads