Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

modest

First Post
Dalvach waits briefly for Nyar and Baern to look about the room then steps into the hall quietly. Listening carefully, Dalvach hears the scuttle of the shop keeper and guards to his left and through the soft glowing light makes out a pair of stairs.

'Conflict.' He thinks to himself, then looks right and studies the hall for a moment. 'Unknown..' He fishes around through his cloak for a light source. He pulls out a sun rod and cracks it underneath his cloak so that there is no back-light directed towards the stairs. He then takes a closer look at the pathway leading to his right.

[sblock=check] Dungeoneering if appropriate. 1d20+7 → [13,7] = (20) Roll Lookup [/sblock]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2538961/

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar is certain he would need a little more time and perhaps more reference material to fully disclose the contents of the potion. He places his spell book securely back in his pack. He pockets two of the potions for future reference.

"Baern, what do you know of Dream Lily?" Nyar whispers as he makes his way toward the door.

He positions himself so he can see Dalvach, 'Tinder' in hand.

[sblock=ooc] Scorpius, is there some general knowledge on Dream lily? should I make a roll, and what would be appropriate category? [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern thinks for a moment after Nyar's comments. He then places himself near the doorway to cover the back of the exploring Dalvach.

[sblock=OOC] Nature on Dream Lily? 1d20+10=25
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Dream Lily General]A mysterious narcotic drug[/sblock]

[sblock=Nature 21]An illegal addictive drug, imported from the mysterious continent of Sarlona, that gives its users a strong feeling of euphoric bliss followed by a long and drowsy sleep populated by strange, hypnagogic dreams.[/sblock]

The pathway to your right seems empty for now. At the very least no one has responded to you're light. You see a couple more doors further down then the hall turns sharply.

[sblock=Dungeoneering 16]The are looks relatively new for Sharn. No more then twenty years old, more likely within the last ten. Quite stable, and modern is design.

It's a bit better than your average basement. Most likely built for some kind of private utility.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar looks suspiciously at Dalvach and signals him back in the room to talk. He whispers, "You aren't talking about the time you set me on fire and I ran screaming into the middle of the camp yelling 'Save me Khybor!' ?"

He absent mindedly rubs his rear, "Because I'm not sure that will work nor do I want to 'volunteer' for that again."

Nyar indicates the papers on the desk, "Did either of you get to go over the papers to see if there is any documentation we would find useful?"

modest

First Post
"Nyar, did it work or did it work? It was only a little fire..thought you mages liked surprises. Sometimes a little self-sacrifice for the greater good eh?" Dalvach points to his eye-patch. "Hallway is clear but there are some doors we can preview for the betterment of our self-preservation. I'll take a look at those papers you got there, fire-touched." Dalvach chuckles softly and shifts up next to the mage.

[sblock=Checks/OOC] I wasn't sure if I could comment on the information you gave to Nyar or Baern IC without them telling me anything first so I just didn't say anything. I'm going to roll Streetwise, Perception and Insight on the documentation in the office...Nyar you might want to roll some History on it for..well whatever reason. Streetwise- (17) Roll Lookup
Perception- (27) Roll Lookup
and Insight-(15) Roll Lookup that's all folks. [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern looks at Nyar and whispers Dream Lily is dangerous stuff and illegal too as an addictive drug. He listens to the other conversation and almost cracks a smile Shhh, are you done with those papers? That hallway is new made, this basement is meant for private goings on...

[sblock=OOC] Dungeoneering 1d20+12=27 check
Need these if we get into a fight!
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Modest's instincts were correct. If an sblock is labelled for an individual or with a certain DC you did not meet, then you do not know the contents until someone else tells you. If fact, I'd appreciate if you tried not to look at them.

Nothing new from dungeoneering.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dalvach]You find some papers of ownership indicating that the Key Sip is owned by Alfred Q. Pennysmith, and has been for the last four years. You've never heard of this person.

You find some book keeping documents indicating that work has been by an organization named The Sky Nest.

Most of the documents track customer's purchase and response to a potion called Rhapsody, likely the same potion in the room. They seem to be keeping track of how often people come back as well as they're emotional response to being either denied or allowed the drug.

It seems clear that there are some actual healing benefits from drinking Rhapsody but there's also some delusion involved as well.[/sblock]

modest

First Post
"By my father's beard! Is there no treachery we won't find from these cowards? This place is serving as some sort of narcotics testing facility..says hear most of the work is done by an organization called 'The Sky Nest'." Dalvach rifles through the rest of the information hastily.

"I might hang on to this as evidence later on. This site has been here for quite some time yet the hallways underneath appear new you say? Well it seems our good owner Mr. Pennysmith has taken some precautions." Dalvach
stuffs the book containing the Sky Nest work documents into his backpack.

Remove ads