Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oh no! I just realized, the pirate that Carolina knocked off the boat was WEARING MY TREASURE!!! :eek:

Quick, turn this ship around! Somebody get a net! :D[/sblock]
"Truce? Ha! We'll not let you escape to continue with your evil ways!" Hergunna studies Smargat closely, then lets fly with another thorn whip. But the captain deflects it with his chain. The druid shakes her head, then drops to all fours and takes wolf form once more.

[sblock=ooc]Ok, Wil's action was to attack the archer on the pirate ship if he could have pulled him off, the archer on our ship otherwise. If he hit the one on our ship, that would have dropped him.

If he didn't hit and drop that one, I'd rather have Hergunna attack the wounded archer instead of the captain. But I'm going to guess the other guy wasn't pullable, so I'll write this as an attack on the captain.

(And of course I missed anyway. Rolled a 9 this time at least - would have hit the archer but for the dim light.)[/sblock]
On the other boat, the great white wolf snaps at the archer it has cornered, but the rocking of the boat has disoriented it, and the attack is feeble.

[sblock=Wolf note (Tenchuu)]You still had the wolf at L23 but he moved to K24 (adjacent to the archer) with his instinctive action last round. (Too bad he doesn't get opportunity attacks!)[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Captain (only if attacking captain)
Standard: Thorn Whip vs. Captain (or Archer at I21) Thorn Whip vs Captain (or archer); dim light (1d20+7-2=14, 1d8+5=12) Miss.
Minor: Wild Shape to wolf.
Wolf (Instinctive): Wolf vs. archer (dim light) (1d20+7-2=9, 1d6+5=11) Another miss. Shocking.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 4
Wolf Form
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP:18/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers:
Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape

Thorn Spray, Resist Energy, Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry

Summon Pack Wolf

Death Fang Totem, Bracers of Respite
[/sblock]
[sblock=Summoned Wolf]
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18
HP: 6/23[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"What is truce? Kane no hear this word." the bugbear says, as he barely keeps his feet, but seeing his allies attacking the enemies, he says "Oh... it fancy word for keep fighting. Ok, Kane know now... ok Truce time!" he shouts as he buries his axe in the quartermaster's chest, he wrenches the weapon free with a howl of delight, arterial blood spraying over him.

He then steps close to the archer, "Ok truce for you too" as he clips the human with his other axe.

[sblock=ooc]
*Until rage ends when Kane hits with Primal melee power, each enemy adjacent to Kane takes 4 damage. Only 1/turn (new errata, can't imagine anyone misreading it as otherwise)

**I used my SW last turn as an FYI Tenchuu

Standard: MBA on Quartermaster - vs ac; dmg (1d20+11=31, 1d12+8=18) Huzzah! Crit for 38 Crit daamge (2d12=18) - kills the quartermaster and triggers Whirling Lunge - shift to H21 and hit archer off-hand to archer (1d12+3=5) for 5
Move: n/a
Minor: n/a
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:18, Will:14
HP:1/53, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:9/10
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Furious Assault
Hunter's Quarry (Ranger MC)
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Brutal Slam
Shrug it Off

Swift Panther Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Vanguard Weapon

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging (only using the Vanguard weapon though). Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina resumes her hidden assault on the pirate leader. She tosses her dagger across the ship and adds another hole to the man. Finally, she abandons her hiding place and moves toward the bow.

"Or you could just give it up," she says with a playful smile as her dagger returns to her hand.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Sly Flourish vs. Smargat; 1d20+12 hits AC 29 for 22 damage Roll Lookup
Move: to F18[/sblock]
[sblock=Carolina's stat block]Carolina- Female Halfling Rogue 4
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 11
AC:21, Fort:13, Reflex:19, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sly Flourish, Deft Strike, Positioning Strike, Nasty Backswing, Blinding Barrage, Adaptable Flanker
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
The Archer at the bow of the ship panicked as Kane drew near. He raised his crossbow to fire, but Kane acted first, crushing the pirate's skull with his war axe. Spinning on his feet, the barbarian repositioned himself on the other side of the captain, adding another wound to the old man.

"Damn you,"
The Captain muttered, making to whip his chains against Kane.

"Kane! Duck!" Wil shouted, letting an arrow fly loose, aiming for the captain's face. But the wind pushed the arrow slightly, and instead the arrow pierced the Pirate leader's ear. As the captain wailed in pain, Wil shouted, "Now!"

Kane stepped into a horizontal cleave which cut the captain's head clean off. It sailed through the air, hitting the rail, and tumbling over the side of the ship. The captain's body fell slump at the Half-Orc's feet.

On the pirate ship, the remaining archer fired again, targeting the Wolf and Kane. Both attacks were true, and deadly, dropping both the barbarian and the summoned creature. The archer smiled smugly, until he noticed the rest of the crew was dead or missing. "What the.. oh my.. Sails full! Hard to Port!"

[sblock=Mechanics]
Pirate Archer I21
Standard: Quickshot vs Kane and Wil
OA Kane: 1d20+11=16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2517993/Hits and Kills Archer
Effect: Triggers Whirling Lung. Kane Shifts to I19 and deals 1d12+3=6 damage to Captain

Captain Smargat
Standard: Flail attack vs Kane
Interupt: Arrow of Warning
Wil Attack: 1d20+10=16 Miss
Wil Damage: 3d6+10=21 / 2 = 10
Kane Attack: 1d20+11+2=25 Hit

Pirate Archer K25
Standard: Quickshot vs Wolf and Kane
Attack Wolf: 1d20+11-2=19
Damage: 1d8+5=6
Attack Kane: 1d20+11-2=27
Damage: 1d8+5=12
Move: to L23
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: I16 21/40 HS 10/10 AP 1 MW 0/2
Hergunna: F16 18/46 HS 7/9 AP 1, Bloodied
Kane: I19 -11/53 THP 0/5 HS 9/10 AP 0, Dying, SW Used
Kruk: G19 25/55 THP 0/13 HS 10/12 AP 0, Bloodied, SW Used, Resist-5-cloak
Carolina: F18 39/39 HS 7/7 AP 1
Summoned Wolf: L24 0/23 Dead

Enemies:
Pirate Archer: L23 45/45 Bolts 10/20

Captain Smargat: I20 3/178 AP 0, decapitated
Pirate Archer: I21 -/45 Bolts 12/20, dead
Pirate Quartermaster: F21 -3/82, Dead
Pirate Archer: M20 0/45 Bolts 12/20 , in the drink
Javelin Dancer: I14 0/70 Jav 1/3, In the Drink
Thug: G20 0/1 Dead
Thug: I20
0/1 Dead
Pirate 1st Mate: G18 -1/136 AP 0, Dead
[/sblock][sblock=map]
Byron2-1-7.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Captain Smargat
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 8 Elite Skirmisher
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +6
HP 178; Bloodied 89
AC 22; Fortitude 21, Reflex 20, Will 20
Saving Throws +2
Speed 6
Action Points 1
Flail (standard, at-will) Weapon
+13 vs AC; 1d10+7 damage, and Smargat shifts 1 square. Reach 2.
Flail Trip (standard; requires a flail and combat advantage against the target, recharge 4,5,6 ) Weapon
+11 vs Fortitude; 2d10+7 damage, and Smargat slides the target 1 square and the target falls prone. Smargat shifts 1 square.
Parrying Chains (immediate interrupt, when a melee attack hits or misses smargat; requires two flails, at-will) Weapon
+13 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage, and Smargat gains a +2 bonus to the defense that the triggering attack targeted against the triggering attack.
Whirling Escape (free, when a melee or close attack misses smargat; at-will)
Smargat shifts 1 square.

Pirate Archers (reskin: Chevkos's Crossbowman, customized)
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 4* Artillery
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +4
HP 45; Bloodied 22
AC 16; Fortitude 16, Reflex 18, Will 16
Speed 6
Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+9 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.
Crossbow (standard, at-will) Weapon
15/30; +11 vs AC; 1d8+5 damage.
Quick Shot (standard, at-will)
The crossbowman makes crossbow attacks against two different targets.

Pirate Quartermaster (reskin: Waterdeep Street Thug)
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 7 Soldier
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +5
HP 82; Bloodied 41
AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 20, Will 17
Speed 6
Morningstar (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage, and target is marked until the end of the thug’s next turn.
Poisoned Dagger (standard, encounter) Poison, Weapon
Ranged 5/10; +14 vs AC; 1d4+6 damage, ongoing 5 poison damage, and the target grants combat advantage (save ends both).
Rattling Smash (standard, encounter) Fear, Weapon
+12 vs Will; 2d10+8 damage, and the target takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of its next turn. If the target was marked by the tough, the target is also dazed until the end of the tough’s next turn.

Human Javelin Dancer
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 6 Skirmisher
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +4
HP 70; Bloodied 35
AC 21; Fortitude 18, Reflex 19, Will 17
Speed 6
Spear (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d8+3 damage.
Mobile Attack (standard, at-will)
The human javelin dancer shifts 3 squares and makes one spear attack during the move.
Javelin (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 10/20; +12 vs AC; 1d6+3 damage.
Adept Retreat
A human javelin dancer does not grant combat advantage from running.
Skirmish
If a human javelin dancer ends its move at least 4 squares from the square where it started the move, its attacks deal 1d6 extra damage until the start of its next turn.
Notable Equipment: Enduring Beast Armor +1

Pirate 1st Mate (Reskin: Amreth Gaunt)
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 6 Elite Skirmisher (Leader)
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +11
HP 136; Bloodied 68
AC 21; Fortitude 17, Reflex 19, Will 18 ; +2 to all defenses against opportunity attacks
Saving Throws +2
Speed 6
Action Points 1
Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage.
Dagger (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 2d4+5 damage.
Dagger (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 5/10; +11 vs AC; 2d4+5 damage.
Fencing Strikes (standard, at-will) Weapon
Gaunt makes a short sword attack and a dagger attack (melee or ranged), and he shifts 1 square after each attack.
Surprise Counter (immediate interrupt, when hit or missed by a melee attack, recharge 5,6 ) Weapon
Gaunt can shift 1 square before the attack; he gains combat advantage against the target (included in attack and damage); targets the triggering attacker; +13 vs AC; 3d6+4 damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of Gaunt’s next turn.
Muddling Slash (standard; requires short sword, encounter) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage, and the target is slowed and grants combat advantage (save ends both), and it slides 2 squares.
Blinding Bomb (standard, at-will) Weapon
Area burst 1 within 10; +8 vs Fortitude; the target treats all nonadjacent squares as lightly obscured until the end of Gaunt’s next turn. This attack doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks.
Ignoble Escape (move; encounter)
Gaunt ends any marked condition currently affecting him, and he shifts 6 squares.
Combat Advantage
Gaunt deals 2d6 extra damage when he hits a creature he has combat advantage against.
Quick Draw
Gaunt can draw an item as part of the same action required to use that item.
[/sblock][sblock=Dim Light]
Characters who have normal vision can’t see well in dim light: Creatures in the area have concealment. Characters who have low-light vision or darkvision see normally in dim light.

So, all of the enemies will have -2 to hit everyone else.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Kane!" Kruk shouts as he rushes to the aide of his fallen comrade. Reaching him and ignoring the last archer, he administers first aide to Kane. Satisfied with his work he states "hmmmf that should help" Turning to the pirate he states in a fit of rage "GET DOWN HERE AND FIGHT COWARD!"

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to g18
action: heal check on Kane: 1d20+9=24 not quite sure what that does but it has to be good. :)

[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Heal check]That should be good to stabilize him, since he's already spent his second wind.[/sblock]

Hergunna shudders as the wolf is slain (loses 1 healing surge) and changes back to human shape. She clucks her tongue and flicks another vine at the last archer. Finally her aim is true, and the sharp thorns rake the target.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Wild shape to human
Standard: Thorn whip vs. archer (1d20+7-2=24, 1d8+5=12) Don't see much need to pull him anyplace...[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 4
HumanForm
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP:18/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:6/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers:
Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape

Thorn Spray, Resist Energy, Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry

Summon Pack Wolf

Death Fang Totem, Bracers of Respite
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Unhh..." Kane groans, his eyes still closed, but at least Kruk seems to have stopped the bugbear from worsening.

[sblock=ooc]
Yah! Thanks dimsdale. [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
We have defeated them! Wil smiles then looks confused. Wait, they are getting away! He fires a final volley at the archer while moving towards his comrades. The arrow flies for a nasty wound that throbs with arcane energy.

[sblock=OOC] We protected the ship :)
Move: Walk to I18
Standard: Jinx Shot 1d20+10=16 (vs AC) for 1d10+6=16 damage and he falls prone if misses
I've got range with my bow, I might be able to get more if he can't duck and cover
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: all used up :)
Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:19 Insight: 17
AC: 19 NAD:14/16/19
HP: 21/40 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:21

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Shout of Triumph, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word, Words of Friendship, Moment of Escape, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Warning, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Oh no ye don't," Carolina says as she rushes to the ship's safety railing. Setting her eyes on the archer, she tosses the dagger over the open waters. "Damn it!" she yells when her blade goes wide. As it returns to her hand, she ducks down inside the boat in anticipation of return fire.

[sblock=Actions]Move to I20
Sly Flourish vs. Archer; 1d20+12 hits AC 15 for 13 damage (Roll Lookup)
Stealth: 1d20+12=31[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases