Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=wishlists]
Please create or update your wishlists. I am planning the next part of the adventure, and I would like to get some of this done ahead of time if I can. I am looking for each of the players to list some items at levels: 8-11.

If you don't want to make a wishlist, I'll do my best to find an item suitable given your class.

Thanks,
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
This round Scaleshaper takes 27 + 5 ongoing & lizard takes 71 & dies

[sblock=ooc]
ooc: Note to self, don't mess with Kane. Cound Kane's rage also be intesified by the fact that there are no Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup playoffs this year?

lol

Sorry Renau1g, I had to say it. I would say it to Mal too, but he'd find a way to kill Max.

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
It's funny, Kane has rolled 3 20's out of the last 5 rolls, Tamarand (my LEB sorcerer) rolled 3 1's out of 5 rolls...they are the ying and yang of my IC luck... lol

To be fair to the teams, a large % of the players on the Hawks and Flyers are Canadian, including both captains and the top D-man on each team (Pronger & Keith). [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, so Kruk hit the naga, does it do its reaction and shift a square? I guess maybe it can't because it's prone? (though it could still attack) I'm wondering if Kruk is still actually adjacent to it.

I guess it doesn't matter too much, Hergunna will still have combat advantage since it's prone... wish I stayed in wolf form though. [/sblock]

Hergunna watches Kruk's assault with approval, and follows closely on his heels, shifting into wolf shape as she goes. As she approaches the huge monster, she hears a familiar cacophony of sickening crunches and splatters and wails of pain coming from the other side of the building. "Ach," the wolf mutters. "Sure, Kane, go after the little guys... Leave the huge lightning snake to the dwarf and the old woman..." As Carolina's blade flashes by she adds, "Oh right, and the halfling girl. Mustn't forget the halfling girl..."

Hergunna-wolf charges in, lunging at the lightning creature's exposed underbelly. She tears deep into its flesh, rending with her paws. Foul blood and ichor spray on her fur and the ground. Kruk tries to take advantage and swings his axe again, but it is barely deflected by the thing's thick scales.

Seeking to press their advantage, the wolf strikes again, but sparks of lightning drive her back. Snarling, she spins and dives across the open space towards the kobold still reeling from Kane's attack, catching it off-guard and confusing it with the ferocity of her attack.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: wild shape to wolf (ack)
Charge: Not 100% sure where the naga and Kruk ended up... but I think Kruk A22 or B22, and the naga next over? Hergunna can move 7 squares so I guess to C22. (and I'm assuming don't need to roll anything to drop down 5 feet)
Charge attack: Savage Rend vs. Naga (charging, CA) (1d20+7+2+1=21, 1d8+5+1d10=23) vs Reflex, so that's a hit barely, and max damage, yay! I think that bloodies the naga.
Assuming Kruk is indeed still adjacent this triggers his free MBA: Kruk basic attack vs. naga (1d20+10+2=18, 1d10+5=10) Missed by, dang. Sorry dimsdale! :)
Free: Action point for Predator's Flurry. Predator's Flurry vs Naga (1d20+7+2=12, 1d6+5+1d10=17) Forgot the +3 from action surge but doesn't matter... Shift 3 squares to F25, secondary attack: Predator's Flurry vs Scaleshaper (1d20+7+3=22, 1d6+5=8) Hits for 8 damage and the scaleshaper is dazed TENT Hergunna. Not quite enough to bloody him, dangit, I would have used the fang power on him...[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 4
HumanForm
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP:46/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11 (13 in beast form), Surges left:5/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers:
Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape

Thorn Spray, Resist Energy, Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry

Summon Pack Wolf

Death Fang Totem, Enduring Beast Hide Armor, Bracers of Respite
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Sure, Kane, go after the little guys... Leave the huge lightning snake to the dwarf and the old woman..." As Carolina's blade flashes by she adds, "Oh right, and the halfling girl. Mustn't forget the halfling girl..."

"Ha AHAAAAAA HAAAA AAAHAAA! Kruk is laughing so hard his stomach hurts.

johnmeier1

Explorer
As Kruk swings at the lightning lizard, Wil looses an arrow at the creature to distract it.

[sblock=OOC] Okay, I will use Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade no more Immediate Interrupts until my turn, so you guys need to survive :)
1d20+10-2=21 (vs LL Reflex) for 1d10+6=15 damage and it has -5 to defenses vs Kruk's attack (also it may be bloodied for Hergunna)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:19 Insight: 17
AC: 19 NAD:14/16/19
HP: 40/40 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:21

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Shout of Triumph[/s], Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry[/s], Majestic Word[/s], Words of Friendship, Moment of Escape[/s], Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience[/s]
Daily - Arrow of Warning, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Post Tomorrow]Long day at work, so sorry for the delay. I should be able to make a proper DM post tomorrow afternoon.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
The Giant Snake was bloodied by the initial attack. It pulled itself up lethargically, and then slithered back away from Kruk to give it some distance. And with a large hiss, the creature fired off bolts of lighting from its mouth rapid fire. The attacks hit Kruk and Carolina, not only shocking them, but leaving a residual buzz around them. Kruk especially, felt tired from the attack.

The Giant Lizard moves forward, but can't make it far enough to take any action.

The scaleshaper, still dazed from the attack against it, tries a ranged attack which hits Kane, but leaves himself open to attack.

The adept moves up near the Giant Snake and casts a healing spell. Looking back at Hergunna, it rolls a tiny arcane die. The druid found herself suddenly spralled on the ground.

"Damn you all!" The adept spat.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Lieth
Move: Stand up
Standard: Move: Shift to -A24:A25
AP: Lightning Volley
Attack Carolina: 1d20+11=28
Damage Carolina: 2d8+4=14 +5 ongoing lightning damage
Attack Kruk: 1d20+11=25
Damage Kruk: 2d8+4=16 +5 ongoing lightning damage
Attack Kane: 1d20+11=16 Miss
Attack Hergunna: 1d20+11=12 Miss

Giant Lizard
Move: to H29 to G28:H29
Standard: Bite Hergunna
Attack: 1d20+7+2=24
Damage: 2d6+4=11

Scaleshaper
Effect: Takes 5 ongoing
Standard: Frightful Vision vs Hergunna and Kane
Attack Hergunna: 1d20+10=16 Miss
Attack Kane: 1d20+10=17
Damage: 1d8+5=9
Effect: Kane slowed
Triggers two OA
Save: 1d20=20

Pact-Bound Adept
Move: to -A28
Standard: Healing Burst: Target A26
Effect: All enemies in burst (i.e., Snake and Self) regain 20 HP
Minor: Vagabond’s Die vs Hergunna
Roll: 1d6=3 (rolled twice back accident in IC, so took 1st result)
Effect: Hergunna fall's prone.

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: K24 40/40 HS 10/10 AP 0 MW 2/2
Hergunna: F25 46/46 HS 9/9 AP 0, prone
Kane: G24 44/53 THP 0/5 HS 10/10 AP 0, slowed
Kruk: A22 45/61 THP 0/13 HS 12/12 AP 0, 5 ongoing lightning (See Lieth's Aura)
Carolina: -A16 25/39 HS 7/7 AP 1, 5 ongoing lightning

Enemies:
Lieth, Lightning Naga: -A24:A25 73/162, Marked (Kruk), bloodied
Giant Lizard: G28:H29 64/69,
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper: G25 37/73 , bloodied, Dazed TENT-Hergunna, Didn't shift
Pact-Bound Adept -A28: 57/58, Didn't shift

Dead:
Giant Lizard: H26:I27 0/69 DEAD

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-7.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Lieth, Lightning Naga
Large immortal magical beast (reptile) Level 7 Solo Artillery
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +6; darkvision
Shocking Convulsions aura 5; any enemy within the aura that has ongoing lightning damage is slowed and cannot take opportunity attacks.
HP 162; Bloodied 81
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 20
Saving Throws +5
Speed 6
Action Points 2
Tail Sting (standard, at-will) Lightning, Poison
Reach 2; +11 vs AC; 2d6+6 damage plus 1d6 lightning and poison damage.
Reactive Sting (immediate reaction, when an enemy hits lieth with a melee attack)
Lieth makes a tail sting attack against the triggering enemy and shifts 1 square.
Spark Shot (standard, at-will) Lightning
Ranged 20; +11 vs Reflex; 2d8+4 lightning damage; see also bloodied spark.
Lightning Lash (standard, at-will)
Lieth makes two spark shot attacks.
Lightning Volley (standard, recharges when first bloodied)
Lieth makes a spark shot attack against each enemy within range..
Stinging Bolt (standard, recharge 5,6) Lightning
Ranged 10; +13 vs Reflex; 2d12+4 lightning damage, and the target is immobilized and takes ongoing 5 lightning damage (save ends both). Miss: Half damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Blooded Spark (while bloodied) Lightning
When Lieth hits with spark shot, the target of the attack also takes ongoing 5 lightning damage (save ends).

Giant Lizard, Draft

Large natural beast Level 4 Brute
HP 69; Bloodied 34
AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 2d6+4 damage.

Pact-Bound Adept
Small natural humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Artillery (Leader)
HP 58; Bloodied 29
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Reflex 19, Will 20 (If does not shift during turn, -1 AC and Reflex)
Resist 5 fire
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
Flaming Staff (standard, at-will) Fire, Weapon
Requires quarterstaff ; ranged 10; +13 vs Reflex; 1d6+5 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Fierce Rebuke (immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to the pact-bound adept, recharge 5,6) Fear
The adept attacks the triggering enemy; +13 vs Will; the target is pushed 3 squares and weakened (save ends).
Dragon's Grace (minor, recharge 5,6)
Ranged 10; one ally gains resist 10 against a damage type of the adept’s choice until the end of the encounter..
Healing Burst (standard, recharge 5,6) Healing
Area burst 2 within 10; allies in the area regain 20 hit points..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The adept shifts 1 square.
Shifty Boots (minor; encounter)
The scaleshaper shifts 2 squares.
Vagabond’s Die (minor; Daily)
Ranged 10; The adept rolls a D6 and targeted enemy suffers random effects.
Trap Sense
The adept gains a +2 bonus to all defenses against traps.
Equipment: quarterstaff, Boots of the Fencing Master, Vagabond’s Die

Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper
Small aberrant humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Controller (Leader)
HP 73; Bloodied 36
AC 21; Fortitude 20, Reflex 21, Will 19 (If does not shift during turn, -1 AC and Reflex)
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+3 damage.
Frightful Vision (standard, at-will) Fear, Psychic
Ranged 10; the scaleshaper attacks two different targets; +10 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Unnatural Speed (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains +4 speed and can shift 2 squares as a minor action until the end of its next turn..
Warped Strength (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with its melee attacks until the end of its next turn..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The scaleshaper shifts 1 square.
Shifty Boots (minor; encounter)
The scaleshaper shifts 2 squares.
Equipment: Boots of the Fencing Master, Amulet of Physical Resolve+2

[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Notes]
For Leith, I'd say the interrupt fails because Kruk's attack knocked it prone, and kruk shifts after his #1 attack anyway. In the future, just roll the interupt after your hit damage has resolved. He's always going to shift unless he can't, since he's an artillery.

Also, the two humaniod Lizards just got tougher, as I had them put on some of the reward loot. However, I don't think it will matter, since you are slaughtering them so far. :p

Keep up the good work!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases