Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

renau1g

First Post
Kane gladly lends his strength to carrying the cargo onto the ship.

"No worry about Kane, he sleep on ground. Kane bring bedroll and sleep on that." the bugbear says, gesturing to his pack.

After Wil finishes his tale of their valor, Kane adds "Yeah musicman is right. Kane and his friends are strong. Don't forget we also kill lots of lizards with their spears and swords and magicks.", proudly displaying a new scar he received during the battles.

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk eagerly eats his meal. Between giant spoonfulls of food he states "Aye...gulp...the halfing and I killed a dragon too...gulp...ours was a black one....gulp...If we can kill dragons, I think we're up for any challenge...right Kane?" When finished with his food he wipes away the leftovers on his beard with his forearm.

Looking at the captain. "What do ya know about these pirates? You've seen them before. What are their strengths and weaknesses in battle?"

Kruk eyes another loaf of bread and grabs it, and attacks it. In less than a minute it is gone. Kruk belches. "Ahhhh...good grub...good grub."

renau1g

First Post
"Yeah stinkbeard, dragons was big and strong, but he thinks he like Lauto, like big god. Haha....Kane now wear god scales to protect him. Hope it work better for Kane than for dragon. Pirates... they from Bacarte right? Maybe a bugbear friend for me? Kane hear about bugbear and other Bacartes sailing around and being pirates. He have big pointy pig-sticker. Kane like to talk to him and tell him no be pirate, you make everyone afraid of bugbear and now everyone go 'hey bugbear stop stealing my stuff' or 'hey bugbear get out of my shop you break everything clumsy oaf' or 'hey bugbear stop eating my food it costs golds, go buy your own' or 'hey bugbear you so ugly you scare my babies, now they cry, go away'. *sigh* Kane wish other bugbear be nice to people like Kane. Maybe Mr. Lord Byron will tell everyone Kane is nice bugbear, maybe give him letter he show people says 'this bugbear no break your stuff or eat your food or scare your childrens'.... hmmm that be nice. Oh...what we talking about again?" Kane says, blinking a few times confused by the end of his meandering tale.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=R1]You deserve some experience for that post, but apparently I don't spread the love enough to be able to give you more EXP.

Good work man.[/sblock]"Actually, I have not seen these pirates," the captain said, "I've been lucky so far to avoid them. At one time, 10 ships did runs to Allaria. I'm the only one left, because of these pirate scumbags."

"There are pirates all over the seas, but it is a single crew which plagues this trade route" Porse interjected. "Usually not much valuables going in or out of that hellhole, so it hasn't been worth the effort. But Byron must have run his big mouth to someone about all the coin he's turning, since every vessel he's contracted to run his silver has got hit."

"Uh, this is our first run for Lord Byron," Trig added.

"Indeed," the captain continued, "Reports vary, but the crew appears to be human, travelling in a ship a bit bigger than mine. They attack in the night. They kill anyone who puts up a fight, but those who surrender live to tell the tale, so long as they can sail back to a friendly harbor before their starve; the outlaws take everything, save the rigging, the rudder, and the sails. Provisions included."

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna dashes up the gangplank, belying her bulk, just as the ship is getting ready to depart. She has a bundled package under one arm.

[sblock=Purchases]I worked on but didn't finish Hergunna's level up to level 4 over the weekend... Hope to get it done soon, but more busy times ahead. :(

I am going to make some purchases:

Bracers of Respite (level 2)
Ritual books: Animal MessengerDowsing Rod*, Portend Weather, Water Walk
80 gp of Rare Herbs (Nature ritual components)

I think that leaves her with about 45 gold....

*EDIT* forgot she got Animal Messenger for free as a druid, so changed to Dowsing Rod.[/sblock]

With the ship underway, Hergunna laughs off the attentions of the crew. "More than you can handle, boys. More than you can handle. Why not bother the bugbear, he looks lonely!" She spends time below deck studying a couple of recently acquired tomes.

At dinner with the captain and his mate, listening closely. "So what is the plan should we run across these pirates? Run for it, stand and fight, what? What should we expect from your men if it comes down to a battle?"

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Indeed," the captain continued, "Reports vary, but the crew appears to be human, travelling in a ship a bit bigger than mine. They attack in the night. They kill anyone who puts up a fight, but those who surrender live to tell the tale, so long as they can sail back to a friendly harbor before their starve; the outlaws take everything, save the rigging, the rudder, and the sails. Provisions included."

Kane eyes light up at the mention of pirates, his hopes to meet the other bugbear people talk about quickly dashed though by the mention of a human crew. "Ok so sneaky humans try and sneak on at night and rob us? Back in Valley of Bone when Kane was in the Ring of Blades if someone caught in steal stuff from the dwarfs they throw him in pit with Kane. Haha, that great fun. I only use one axe to make it fair... it never fair. Poor stealers. Ok so Kane have plan. You says they come at night? Kane see better than human at night and Kane is sneaky, he will out sneak the sneaks. When they come on board everyone pretend like nothing wrong, 'oh this is good food, such a good night for sailing, so glad no pirates' you know stuff like that. They think 'oh this easy we get them now', but they wrong Kane jump out of shadow and then musicman, stinkybeard, and ladies can jump in and help crush them. Maybe we even take ship? Then Kane be good pirate, help people and then people say 'oh that bugbear such a good guy, maybe he come in for dinner, it be our honor'" the bugbear says, leaning back in his chair and imagines being a 'good' pirate...

dimsdale

First Post
Listening to the bugbears plan, he had to chuckle about the part of being sneaky. "Aye Kane, I too can see things in the dark, but I...uh...make a lot of noise when I try to move <pointing to his armor>. I remember one time I tried to sneak up to a house. I think I woke up the entire block! The group that ambushed us was quite aware of our presence. HA HA! But, the end result was that it didn't matter. Although the rogue <pointing to Carolina> did catch a blade in the back by one of those hoaded creatures that explode. What were they anyway Carolina? <Kruk says while shruging his shoulders>...er...what were we talking about?"

[sblock=ooc]
ooc: I think that stinkbeard and the lonely bugbear are going to get along just fine. I don't know who the rest of the group would rather kill (pirates or Kruk and Kane).
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil nods at Kanes plan We will lie in wait at night for these fiends. I can also see well with little light, but my bow is more effective when targets aren't so far away and the wind is light.

[sblock=OOC] Tenchuu, how is the wind, hopefully not that bad? :) [/sblock]

Remove ads