Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=FYI]I forgot to add the color text for the Scale Shapers attack (attack was in the mechanics block). It only effects kruk, who hasn't gone yet, so I don't think there's any retcons needed[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk rolls his eyes as the naga rises again. "Someone take out that spell caster!. I'll deal with the naga!" Kruk raises his axe once more and chops away.

[sblock=ooc]
brash strike: 1d20+12 vs AC: 23/ for 18

[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Rules nitpick: The adept's healing power doesn't heal itself if it affects "allies". A creature is not considered its own ally.

Also, I think Carolina's attack hits since the adept still has -4 to all defenses.

Looks like Kane and Kruk re-dropped the naga so Hergunna is free to go after the adept.[/sblock]

"Get back here," Hergunna growls as she flicks a thorn whip at the adept. It wraps around the kobold's waist and she jerks, pulling him forward. She drops down into wolf shape and lopes around to the north, trying to get behind the kobold.

[sblock=Actions]Thorn Whip vs. Adept (1d20+7=14, 1d8+5=10) Still hits vs. Fort thanks to that -4 to adept's defenses. 10 damage and pull the adept to A33.
Minor: wild shape to wolf.
Move: To -B33. Hergunna saw his interrupt before and doesn't want to trigger it. (Actually it would be a good move for Hergunna to trigger it rather than someone else, weakened doesn't make that much difference to her and she can attack ranged, but I don't want to trigger it right before his turn when he gets a chance to recharge it. Be happy to be the first one who moves adjacent next turn if that is possible.)[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 4
Beast Form
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP:46/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11 (13 in beast form), Surges left:9/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers:
Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape

Thorn Spray, Resist Energy, Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry

Summon Pack Wolf

Death Fang Totem, Enduring Beast Hide Armor, Bracers of Respite
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Ryry]
Fair enough, and duely noted for next time. Let's consider it a balancing tool for this time around, since the opening volley by you guys super dominated. I was worried that this encounter wasn't even going to be challeneging/fun, but luckily the monsters stored a few crucial hits later on, changing it from a scrimmage to a real match. (I've been playing too much PES, and now the commentators are in my head :p)
[/sblock][sblock=Dims]Kruk has a save from last round on his slowed condition you can retcon.[/sblock]

As Kruk drove his axe deep into the Naga, it raised it's tail for a counter attack, but instead collapsed to the ground, nearly on top of the dwarf. Once again, the Fighter has slew the giant snake.

"No! No! NOO!"
the Adept yelled, as it watched the Naga fall, and Hergunna's attacked pulled it back toward the adventurers. It slammed it's staff to the ground again, but this time nothing happened. "Akneth!?!"

Dismayed at being abandoned by its god, the Adept instead turned its gaze to Hergunna. "YOU!" Whipping its staff around, it slung a bolt of fire at her, setting her fur on fire.

The Scapeshaper focused with its mind again and sent pounded shock-waves into Carolina and Kane. The disorienting mental blast slowed their steps. Taking advantage, the Scaleshaper deftly stepped back, before turning to put more distance between them.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Pact-Bound Adept
Recharge Healing Burst: 1d6=1 Failed
Minor: Shift to B32
Standard: Flaming Staff vs Hergunna (Reflex)
Attack: 1d20+13=22
Damage: 1d6+5=7 + 5 ongoing fire
Move: to H36

Scaleshaper
Standard: Frightful Vision vs Carolina and Kane (vs Wil)
Attack Carolina: 1d20+10=30 CRIT
Damage Carolina: 1d8+5=12 (Max damage=13)
Attack Kane: 1d20+10=23
Damage Kane: 1d8+5=11
Effect: Carolina and Kane are is slowed (save ends)
Minor: Shift to E33
Move: to E39

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: H28 17/40 HS 9/10 AP 0 MW 1/2, Bloodied,
Hergunna: -B31 39/46 HS 9/9 AP 0, 5 ongoing fire
Kane: G26 27/53 THP 0/5 HS 9/10 AP 0, Slowed
Kruk: B26 28/61 THP 0/12 HS 8/12 AP 0 SW used, Slowed, Bloodied
Carolina: D29 16/39 HS 7/7 AP 1, SW used, Bloodied, Slowed

Enemies:
Pact-Bound Adept H36: 33/58,
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper: E39 20/73, Bloodied

Dead:
Lieth, Lightning Naga: A27:B28 -8/162 AP 0/2, Dead
Giant Lizard: F24:G25 -1/69, dead
Giant Lizard: H26:I27 0/69 DEAD

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-11.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper
Small aberrant humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Controller (Leader)
HP 73; Bloodied 36
AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 20, Will 18 (If does not shift during turn, -1 AC and Reflex)
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+3 damage.
Frightful Vision (standard, at-will) Fear, Psychic
Ranged 10; the scaleshaper attacks two different targets; +10 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Unnatural Speed (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains +4 speed and can shift 2 squares as a minor action until the end of its next turn..
Warped Strength (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with its melee attacks until the end of its next turn..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The scaleshaper shifts 1 square.
Shifty Boots (minor; encounter)
The scaleshaper shifts 2 squares.
Equipment: Boots of the Fencing Master, Amulet of Physical Resolve+2

Pact-Bound Adept
Small natural humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Artillery (Leader)
HP 58; Bloodied 29
AC 19; Fortitude 16, Reflex 18, Will 19 (If does not shift during turn, -1 AC and Reflex)
Resist 5 fire
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
Flaming Staff (standard, at-will) Fire, Weapon
Requires quarterstaff ; ranged 10; +13 vs Reflex; 1d6+5 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Fierce Rebuke (immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to the pact-bound adept, recharge 5,6) Fear
The adept attacks the triggering enemy; +13 vs Will; the target is pushed 3 squares and weakened (save ends).
Dragon's Grace (minor, recharge 5,6)
Ranged 10; one ally gains resist 10 against a damage type of the adept’s choice until the end of the encounter..
Healing Burst (standard, recharge 5,6) Healing
Area burst 2 within 10; allies in the area regain 20 hit points..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The adept shifts 1 square.
Shifty Boots (minor; encounter)
The scaleshaper shifts 2 squares.
Vagabond’s Die (minor; Daily)
Ranged 10; The adept rolls a D6 and targeted enemy suffers random effects.
Trap Sense
The adept gains a +2 bonus to all defenses against traps.
Equipment: quarterstaff, Boots of the Fencing Master, Vagabond’s Die

[/sblock][sblock=Pact-Bound Adept Interrupt]It is recharged.

immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to the pact-bound adept (Fear)
The adept attacks the triggering enemy; +13 vs Will; on hit, the target is pushed 3 squares and weakened (save ends).
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Tenchuu]
forgot about that. Thanks

save vs slowed: 1d20 = 20 wow...
[/sblock]

Kruk glares at the adept. "You're next!" he shouts as he charges. He hits with such force that the axe burries deep in to the adepts chest. The blow is amplified by the sound of thunder, echoing throughout the area. The adept screams in agony and is pushed backwards.

[sblock=actions]
minor: boot power: +1 to speed: movement is now 6
movement: move to f32
attack: charge adept (move to H35: 1d20+10+1 vs AC: 31 wow!

damage: 15 + 1d6 (lightning damage) and Kruk uses his free action weapon power for an additional 1d8 lightning damage = 19 and the force of the attack pushes the adept to g37.

the adept is still marked by kruk
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kane slowly strides forward, his legs held back by the spells of his foes, but again he hurls his axe, this time even further, and it again slams into the enemy, nearly felling the reptilian healer that Kruk just brutally assaulted.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: to G28
Standard: Throw +2 axe at Adept- vs ac; dmg (1d20+9=24, 1d12+8=13) hits for 13.... I think that leaves it with 1 hp left right? 19 from kruk + 13 here = 32/33. Includes -2 penalty for range.
Minor: n/a

save (1d20=16)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:18, Will:14
HP:38/53, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:9/10
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Furious Assault
Hunter's Quarry (Ranger MC)
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Brutal Slam[
Shrug it Off

Swift Panther Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Vanguard Weapon

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging (only using the Vanguard weapon though). Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Presumably the adept uses its interrupt against Kruk? If it hits, I believe he still has enough movement to still get back and hit it, but he'll do half damage due to being weakened.

Also Dimsdale, not sure why you are pushing it away from you, don't you want to stay adjacent so you can hit it if it shifts? It also prevents me from getting flanking. :([/sblock]

Hergunna hums something as the firebolt hits her, sending most of the heat down through her legs into the earth. Though her fur is smoking slightly, she seems barely hurt. She lopes around after the fleeing kobold and charges across the open ground, leaping for its throat, but it manages to dodge at the last moment.

[sblock=Actions]Reaction: Resist elements when hit by the fire attack, so she only takes 2 damage, and nothing from the ongoing damage.
Move: to D35
Standard: Charge to F37. Savage Rend (charging) vs. Adept (1d20+7+1=17, 1d8+5=11) Misses by one... :(
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2571520/]Save vs ongoing (1d20=3)
Still have resist 5 fire until end of next round though.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 4
Wolf Form
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP:44/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11 (13 in beast form), Surges left:9/9 Resist 5 fire
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers:
Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape

Thorn Spray, Resist Energy, Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry

Summon Pack Wolf

Death Fang Totem, Enduring Beast Hide Armor, Bracers of Respite
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Kruk, no! Wil shouts trying to direct the attack. Let me get it to come to us! Wil strums at the bow he holds focusing on the adept, but without any words applied nothing happens.

[sblock=OOC]Move: Walk to E33
Standard: Cutting Words on adept (if it is still alive) 1d20+8=9 (MISS!)

Did Wil use Arrow of Warning, I couldn't tell from which of Kruk's attacks killed it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:
Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:19 Insight: 17
AC: 19 NAD:14/16/19
HP: 17/40 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:21

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Shout of Triumph, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Words, Words of Friendship, Moment of Escape, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Warning, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Agggghh...what was I think'n. Sorry comrades!" Kruk shouts as his actions prevented others from attacking the foe as well. "I...I just got caught up in the moment!...Won't happen again!...Promise!"

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry guys. :(

Kruk can't get another attack on the adept. That power was only when fighting the naga.
[/sblock]

Remove ads