Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil finally manages to put out the fire consuming his clothes. He walks over to Carolina Thanks, you saved my bacon. He sniffs the air and shudders. Surveying the battlefield the bard then looks towards the new arrival. Amazing shot there, quite the weapon AND quite the lady. Wil smiles a broad smile. He plucks at his bowstring and begins a short ditty

Kane spun destruction all around
While Kruk against lightning stood his ground
Carolina whipped daggers at the foes
And Wil sang tales of their constant woes
Hergunna tossed nature at their backs
Finally slain by....

Uh, what was your name, dear.
He addressed the dark elf.

[sblock=OOC] I owe Carolina one potion or equivalent gold...
Use Words of Friendship to boost my diplomacy with the new arrival 1d20+21=27
Song of Rest so anyone who spends a Healing Surge regains HS+7
Wil will spend 2 to get up to full.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kane is running after the fleeing kobold when the bolt first misses, nearly catching the surprised bugbear, but then the kobold suddenly stops moving, falling to the ground and blood pooling underneath it. Kane takes a few moments to figure out whats going on, even after the woman reveals herself and after Kruk's outburst the bugbear's face is screwed up in confusion.

He walks to Carolina, "Uhh... wait... you no shoot him right? Ok... so there now two of you? Ohh... this too much for Kane... wait, what she doing? Cutting ear? Ewww.... Oh sures peoples says Kanes monster, oh big scary Kane...oh he break our stuff and hurt us... but Kane no cut ears off... ok, maybe he take dragon scales for armors, but that different right?" the bugbear says, again continuing to talk long after anyone's paying attention, mimicking people talking down to him with his hands.

He then looks around and shouts "Hey people's you no be scared anymores. Kane and musicman and everyones here we helps and kills the lizards. Ok? Everyone no scared of Kane anymore? See Kane helps you. Mister Lord Byron says you no be scared anymore. " to the buildings

[sblock=ooc]
Kane will use 2 surges to get back to full. thanks Wil.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:18, Will:14
HP: 53/53, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:7/10
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Furious Assault
Hunter's Quarry (Ranger MC)
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Brutal Slam[
Shrug it Off

Swift Panther Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Vanguard Weapon

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging (only using the Vanguard weapon though). Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina whirls around the opposite corner of the outhouses with her dagger raised, ready to finish off this thing once and for all. "What the..." she exclaims when she sees the thing already down and bleeding. As the drow makes her appearance, she nearly looses her blade again anyway. And then she speaks, and is apparently friendly.

"Pft!" is all she can say as the newcomer steals her thunder.

[sblock=OOC]Welcome, Mal!
Carolina will spend two surges as well, making her full again.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
As Wil begins to sing, Kruk feels new found strength and vitality flow through his body. He smiles and lets out a hugh sigh...while still lying flat on his back.
After a while he gets up and goes through the ritual of gear inspection, like his done many times before.

[sblock=ooc]
spend 2 surge with +7 for each to bring kruk up to full hp
thanks wil

[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Treasury Summary Forthcoming]Tomorrow Morning...[/sblock]
As Kane announced their victory, there was first cautious apprehension, followed by hooting applause by the two dozen occupants barricaded in the buildings. The Dock Master was first among the residents to return to the streets. As he strode up to the adventurers, he shook his head, looking back the slain lizards.

"Damn 'Mire! A curse upon Akenth and her minions," the dock master said, spiting on the ground for emphasis.

"But you lads," he said, and continuing after a stuttering pause, "and ladies, are fine ones indeed. Many thanks for you help vanquishing these villains!" The citizens now filling the street issues a few hollers of agreement. "So, what luck brings you here in time to aid us all?"

After they explained their charter to protect Lord Byron's cargo, the man frowned. "Ahh, the silver shipment. Well, I'm afraid to say, no shipment was delivered to the port. It's on the manifest alright, but it never arrived. It should have been sent through Geardagas proper; I'd check there, if I were you."

The dock master explains, and Charina confirms, the town center is about 3 miles (1 hour walk) up the river.

[sblock=End of adventure 2]
This concludes Part 2. Part 3 will start shortly. In the meantime, please roleplay further the interaction with the new party member. Time EXP clock is still running.

I welcome all of you to re-up (I hope you all do), but it's up to you if you want to continue.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Ahhhhh....I can use a barrel of ale about now and some beef stew! Is there any around here?" says Kruk, obviously taking advantage of his new found fame amoungst the locals.

[sblock=ooc]
Kruk is ready and willing to participate in the next addy :lol:
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post

Kane spun destruction all around
While Kruk against lightning stood his ground
Carolina whipped daggers at the foes
And Wil sang tales of their constant woes
Hergunna tossed nature at their backs
Finally slain by....

Uh, what was your name, dear.
He addressed the dark elf.

-''Oooh! A bard!'' says the drow with enthusiasm. ''A short while back, I rescued a silly halfling friend of mine that got herself captured by ghouls. To get her back, I hired myself a crew that included two bards. It was great, we could kick ass and harmonize at the same time! And they proved just invaluable to perform a proper victory dance.''

She deposits her huge weapon on the ground and extends her hand ''I am Charina, formerly a leather factory manager in Yenothrocal, capital of that dragon spider bitch Akneth. I am currently a mercenary sniper. I got myself a good bounty on pairs of ears for anything mire related that aggravates the locals. If the pair of ears are attached to anything that works for, worships or just likes Akneth, it's a bonus.''

She then proceeds to collect ears, whistling joyfully. She notes with amusement that Kane is disgusted by the activity.

Kane said:
"...wait, what she doing? Cutting ear? Ewww.... Oh sures peoples says Kanes monster, oh big scary Kane...oh he break our stuff and hurt us... but Kane no cut ears off... ok, maybe he take dragon scales for armors, but that different right?"

-''Don't worry, you're still a monster. I am a drow. You'll never get out of being called a monster by pointing out that a drow is worse!'' she says, laughing.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just an FYI. Is everyone fully approved? Kane just got approved this week and I can bump anyone up to the top of the list if you're not. [/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
As the adventurer's looted the fallen enemies, they found that the tricky lizards had collected quite the assortment of items, including two pairs of swift boots, a protective amulet, an arcane die, and a sturdy shield. They also found gold and potions. They quickly divided the loot.

Chirina took the ears, counting their value in gold as she did.

[sblock=Close-out Treasure & XP Summary submitted for approval]
Treasure Items
Wil Rando: L7 Boots of the Fencing Master, L5 Potion of Healing
Hergunna: L7 Amulet of Physical Resolve, and L1 Comrades' Succor
Kane: L8 Vagabond’s Die
Kruk: L7 Pincer Shield, L9 Potion of Regeneration
Carolina: L7 Boots of the Fencing Master

Treasure Gold
Wil Rando: 370 gp
Hergunna: 270 gp
Kane: 420 gp
Kruk: 260 gp
Carolina: 420 gp

EXPERIENCE
Final Encounter
- 1 Lieth, Lightning Naga, L7 Solo Artillery – 1500XP
- 2 Giant Lizards, Draft, L4 Brute – 175XP
- 1 Pact-bound Adept, L6 Artillery (Leader) – 250XP
- 1 Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper, L6 Controller (Leader) – 250XP
Total EXP: 2350 XP x 2 = 4700 XP

Final Encounter for Charina
- 1 Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper, L6 Controller (Leader) Bloodied – XP 175
Total EXP: 175 XP x 2 = 250 XP

Time Experience
4/18 - 6/26 (including tavern chat)

Wil Rando: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Exp: 145 + 145 + (145 * 8/30) = 328

Hergunna: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days

Kane: 2mo L5, L5 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Exp: 166 + 166 + (166 * 8/30) = 376

Kruk: 2mo L5, L5 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Exp: 166 + 166 + (166 * 8/30) = 376

Carolina: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days

Charina: L4 Partial credit 2 days
Time Exp: 145 * 2/30 = 9

Total EXP
Wil, Hergunna, Carolina EXP: (4700/5) + 328 = 1268
Kane, Kruk EXP: (4700/5) + 376 = 1316
Charina EXP: (250/6) + 9 = 50

Time Gold
Wil Rando: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Gold: 175 + 175 + (175 * 8/30) = 396 gp

Hergunna: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days

Kane: 2mo L5, L5 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Gold: 233 + 233 + (233 * 8/30) = 528 gp

Kruk: 2mo L5, L5 Partial Credit 8 days
Time Gold: 233 + 233 + (233 * 8/30) = 528 gp

Carolina: 2mo L4, L4 Partial Credit 8 days

Charina: L4 Partial credit 2 days
Time Gold: 145 * 2/30 = 9 gp

Total Rewards per Player

Wil Rando:
L7 Boots of the Fencing Master, L5 Potion of Healing
766 gp
1268 XP

Hergunna:
L7 Amulet of Physical Resolve, and L1 Comrades' Succor
666 gp
1268 XP

Kane:
L8 Vagabond’s Die
948 gp
1316 XP

Kruk:
L7 Pincer Shield, L9 Potion of Regeneration
788 gp
1316 XP

Carolina:
L7 Boots of the Fencing Master
816 gp
1268 XP

Charina:
9 gp
50 XP
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Role Playing]Still leaving some time for playing out group interactions.[/sblock]
Kruk gets some Ale, though perhaps he will regret it. The mug was filled with the warmed, flattest, skunky-est beer he had ever tasked. The local who brought it had a mug of his own, and somehow managed to chug the swill with a smile.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases