Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=you think your IC rolls are bad]Yeah, but you turned around and rolled a Crit with max crit damage during an OA the very next turn (Oh... Wait.... I rolled that for you *hehe*).[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Quick Shots]The archers' quick shot power is listed as an encounter power in their stat block, but they seem to be using it every round... is the stat block wrong?[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk roars as one of his comrades goes down. "you are going to pay for that!" Kruk says as he moves towards the captain, careful not to step on his fallen comrade. As he draws near he swings his mighty axe, connecting with a brutal blow to the captain's arm. Kruk then braces himself for a counter attack.

[sblock=actions]

movement: move to H18
attack: brash attack against the captain: 1d20+12 vs AC: 28 for 1d10+8=13
minor: Unstoppable (Daily): 2d6+3 = 13 temp hp

captain gets +2 on attack against Kruk until the beginning of Kruk's next turn.

mark the captain

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Tenchuu, I'm confused about the 3 flail thing with the immediate interupt action. If you'd like to roleplay the interupt attack, that's fine with me.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Quick Shots]The archers' quick shot power is listed as an encounter power in their stat block, but they seem to be using it every round... is the stat block wrong?[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Yea, sorry. I wanted them to be a tougher enemy, since they are only level 4. I will update the enemy block.

I'm not sure exactly how to give out EXP for them (perhaps as a level 6 instead)[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Not so fast!" The captain says, lashing out with his chains and damaging the fighter. But the counter was not enough to stop the dwarf's attack.

[sblock=mechanics]
Captain
Immediate Interrupt: Parrying Chains vs Kruk
Attack: 1d20+13-2+2=25
Damage: 1d10+5=13
Effect: +2 to AC vs Kruk's attack, but it's not enough to make the attack miss.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yea, sorry. I wanted them to be a tougher enemy, since they are only level 4. I will update the enemy block.

I'm not sure exactly how to give out EXP for them (perhaps as a level 6 instead)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Okay... that's quite a significant upgrade. They are likely to deal out more damage per round than any of the other opponents save the captain (and more than even him if he doesn't get to use his interrupt, though that doesn't seem to be a problem thus far). Double attack at wills are something they recommend adding to a creature when upgrading it to elite or solo. :hmm: [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Carolina's Opportunity Attack]There's no way I'm going to take that attack. Her chance of hitting goes from a +14 to a +8 for a max of 4 points plus sneak attack damage vs. staying hidden and dealing closer to 20-30 if she hits.

I do have a question though.. is he standing on top of the cannon? If so, he can be pushed overboard since he's elevated, right?[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Not so fast!" The captain says, lashing out with his chains and damaging the fighter. But the counter was not enough to stop the dwarf's attack.

[sblock=mechanics]
Captain
Immediate Interrupt: Parrying Chains vs Kruk
Attack: 1d20+13-2+2=25
Damage: 1d10+5=13
Effect: +2 to AC vs Kruk's attack, but it's not enough to make the attack miss.
[/sblock]

Kruk spits out blood from the flail lashing he received from the captain. With a smirk on his face he states "I was expecting more from you pirate. I like to feel a little pain now and then. You disappoint me." Kruk chuckles at his last taunt directed towards the captain.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Carolina's Opportunity Attack]There's no way I'm going to take that attack. Her chance of hitting goes from a +14 to a +8 for a max of 4 points plus sneak attack damage vs. staying hidden and dealing closer to 20-30 if she hits.

I do have a question though.. is he standing on top of the cannon? If so, he can be pushed overboard since he's elevated, right?[/sblock]
[sblock=Pushable]Yes, he is on top of the cannon, and now no longer protected from pushing by the rail. Good thinking! :)
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Okay... that's quite a significant upgrade. They are likely to deal out more damage per round than any of the other opponents save the captain (and more than even him if he doesn't get to use his interrupt, though that doesn't seem to be a problem thus far). Double attack at wills are something they recommend adding to a creature when upgrading it to elite or solo. :hmm: [/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Yes and no. The captain has that 50/50 recharge power that is basically a daily (double damage, plus it knocks you prone). They have low hitpoints and low defenses. But, I agree, giving them double attack makes them quite a bit harder.

If you compare them to Sylen Leafrunner, L3 skirmisher with Twin Strike, they are not they much different. Granted, the pirate archers are dealing their attribute bonus on the double attack and the leafrunner is not.

When Hergunna gets revived, try to put Kruk between yourself and those archers. His 23 AC is pretty hard to hit. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases