Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna freezes as she spots the lightning-shrouded snake. "Sweet shade on the mountain..." She shifts back to human shape.

[sblock=ooc]Tenchuu, hope that's okay to shift back to human shape (minor action).

Kruk and Carolina, Hergunna has a Resist Elements utility power which can grant resist 5 lightning for a round to allies in a burst 1. The trick is that she has to actually be hit by lightning damage in order to use it. But you might want to try to stay within 1 square of her if it makes sense...[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Ryry/R1/John]
No problem on the minor to human form.

Just waiting on R1, I think. I am too lazy to map out the interior of the building, if you decided to go in rather than slip back out. So, I22 is a window, as is H19. Room is pretty much open.

John, it's a 10' just from where you guys are now, but if you move up to the north edge, its 5'.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kane stands up, his eyes red as his more gentle demeanor falls away and his brutish side comes out. He glares at the woman, his axe promising swift punishment for any further attacks on him, as the bugbear jumps through the window with perfect skill.

He moves like a ghost through the house towards the opposite window, ready to pounce on his foes like a great hunting cat.

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for delays all, this time of year is absolutely crazy. I've worked 55 hours in last 4 days and was out of the office in another city last 2

Kane will intimidate the woman to get her to back off, atheltics to jump through window without getting cut, stealth to move all quiet like towards the I22 window
intimidate, stealth, athletics (1d20+10=30, 1d20+12=23, 1d20+10=30) <- sure....2 natural 20's on skill checks... [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Seeing Kane move into position, Wil stands up from hiding at the side of the building. Fiends! he calls out You will menace this village no longer! He fires the arrow he has drawn and another quickly loaded directly into the lizard man holding the staff. He moves confidently forward and takes a deep breath. He draws an arrow across his bow and shouts We have slayed dragons, worms such as you are little effort. Though the words have little meaning on the lizards, primal spirits roused from his bow assault one of the large lizards, tangling its legs.

[sblock=OOC] Okay we start the fight first in initiative.
Standard: Twin Strike on Pact Bound Adept in F31 1d20+10+2=23;1d10+1=10;1d20+10+2=19;1d10+1=11 (vs AC) hits both for 21 damage (forgot CA at first)
Move: Walk 5 squares to K24 (do I need Athletics to be on the boxes?)
AP: Cutting Words on Pact Bound Adept 1d20+8=13;1d8+6=13 (MISS)
Free Action: Inevitable Shot to use Grappling Spirits 1d20+10=22;1d10+3=4 (vs AC) on I29:J30 Giant Lizard HITS he is now Slowed and can't shift until the end of its next turn

Check my mini-stats for triggers, they may happen :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Virtue of Prescience (if ally within 5 is hit by less than 2), Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade (if ally misses with melee by less than 6), Arrow of Warning (if bloodied ally is attacked)
Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:19 Insight: 17
AC: 19 NAD:14/16/19
HP:40/40 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:21

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Shout of Triumph[/s], Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry[/s], Majestic Word[/s], Words of Friendship, Moment of Escape[/s], Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade[/s], Virtue of Prescience[/s]
Daily - Arrow of Warning[/s], Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Mechanics]
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: K24 40/40 HS 10/10 AP 1 MW 2/2
Hergunna: B16 46/46 HS 9/9 AP 1,
Kane: J21 53/53 THP 0/5 HS 10/10 AP 1,
Kruk: C16 61/61 THP 0/13 HS 12/12 AP 1,
Carolina: B14 39/39 HS 7/7 AP 1

Enemies:
Lieth, Lightning Naga: A22:B23 162/162
Giant Lizard: H26:I27 69/69
Giant Lizard: I29:J30 69/69
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper: G25 73/73
Pact-Bound Adept F31: 58/58
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-6.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Lieth, Lightning Naga
Large immortal magical beast (reptile) Level 7 Solo Artillery
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +6; darkvision
Shocking Convulsions aura 5; any enemy within the aura that has ongoing lightning damage is slowed and cannot take opportunity attacks.
HP 162; Bloodied 81
AC 19; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 20
Saving Throws +5
Speed 6
Action Points 2
Tail Sting (standard, at-will) Lightning, Poison
Reach 2; +11 vs AC; 2d6+6 damage plus 1d6 lightning and poison damage.
Reactive Sting (immediate reaction, when an enemy hits lieth with a melee attack)
Lieth makes a tail sting attack against the triggering enemy and shifts 1 square.
Spark Shot (standard, at-will) Lightning
Ranged 20; +11 vs Reflex; 2d8+4 lightning damage; see also bloodied spark.
Lightning Lash (standard, at-will)
Lieth makes two spark shot attacks.
Lightning Volley (standard, recharges when first bloodied)
Lieth makes a spark shot attack against each enemy within range..
Stinging Bolt (standard, recharge 5,6) Lightning
Ranged 10; +13 vs Reflex; 2d12+4 lightning damage, and the target is immobilized and takes ongoing 5 lightning damage (save ends both). Miss: Half damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Blooded Spark (while bloodied) Lightning
When Lieth hits with spark shot, the target of the attack also takes ongoing 5 lightning damage (save ends).

Giant Lizard, Draft

Large natural beast Level 4 Brute
HP 69; Bloodied 34
AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 2d6+4 damage.

Pact-Bound Adept
Small natural humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Artillery (Leader)
HP 58; Bloodied 29
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 18, Will 20
Resist 5 fire
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
Flaming Staff (standard, at-will) Fire, Weapon
Requires quarterstaff ; ranged 10; +13 vs Reflex; 1d6+5 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Fierce Rebuke (immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to the pact-bound adept, recharge 5,6) Fear
The adept attacks the triggering enemy; +13 vs Will; the target is pushed 3 squares and weakened (save ends).
Dragon's Grace (minor, recharge 5,6)
Ranged 10; one ally gains resist 10 against a damage type of the adept’s choice until the end of the encounter..
Healing Burst (standard, recharge 5,6) Healing
Area burst 2 within 10; allies in the area regain 20 hit points..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The adept shifts 1 square.
Trap Sense
The adept gains a +2 bonus to all defenses against traps.

Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper
Small aberrant humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Controller (Leader)
HP 73; Bloodied 36
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 18, Will 17
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+3 damage.
Frightful Vision (standard, at-will) Fear, Psychic
Ranged 10; the scaleshaper attacks two different targets; +10 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Unnatural Speed (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains +4 speed and can shift 2 squares as a minor action until the end of its next turn..
Warped Strength (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with its melee attacks until the end of its next turn..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The scaleshaper shifts 1 square.
[/sblock][sblock=Next Steps]
Wil took his action. Everyone else take a normal round from here. I updated the map with Wil's location after the move, but the status block contains the condition at the start of the round.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Hearing Wil on the other side of the house, Kruk turns to Hergunna "that's our signal heh heh." He jumps off the dock with ease and turns to the snake. "I don't know what your business is here, but I'm sure that it's not good...(kruk's facial features turn into the frenzied look that he always gives before attacking a foe)...let's dance snake ha HA!" He charges the serpent, smashing into it with such forces that he knocks the snake over. Kruk, now standing of the foe takes advantage of his position by delivering a brutal overhead chopping attack, creating a gaping wound, causing the serpent to hisss in pain.

[sblock=actions]

minor: none...everything was equiped from last round
movement: move to B18, jumping off the dock at a17

athletics check to jump of dock (5 feet) 1d20+7= 18

attack: bullcharge leith: 1d20+10+1(charge) vs AC = 28 for 1d10+5=15 plus another attack 1d20+10 vs Fort to knock the serpent prone 20 and pushes the snake one square east, with kruk occupying the serpent's last space.

Kruk gains CA against the serpent and the foe has -2 attacks against kruk

Kruk marks the snake

AP attack:
Bedeviling Assault: 1d20+10+2=25 for 2d10+5 = 22 plus from now until the end of the encounter Kruk gets a free basic melee attack once per round every time one of his comrades hits the serpent with a melee attack.
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
As Kruk engages the naga, Carolina steps to the corner of the roof and throws her dagger at its flank.

[sblock=Actions]Move to -A16
Standard: Sly Flourish vs. Lieth; 1d20+12+2 hits AC 19 for 24 damage, including sneak attack damage from First Strike class feature (Roll Lookup)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Kane's actions]
Thoughts on Kane's actions? I can hurl his weapon as a ranged attack (Hurl Weapon) =, he can try to jump down, but now that I think about things, it is an acrobatics not athletics check to jump down right? If Kane was to do a running jump out the window, which rolls would it be? Athletics to jump, Acrobatics to land? Basically I was thinking he runs, he jumps and tries to land at H25. Perhaps a jump down to the wagon, then a jump to there? [/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Kane]On that side of the building, it's not very high, maybe 8 feet. So, since you'd only take damage for a 10 foot fall, I'd say just use athletics to jump out if that's what you want to do.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kane takes a moment to see outside, then with a wide, predatory grin on his face, the bugbear takes a few steps back and rushes out the window. It falls to pieces as the great barbarian leaps in the air, seeming to hang upon some wind that bears him aloft. Kane lands next to the lizard and reptileman in a crouch.

"KANE IS GOOD GUY!" he shouts, hoping the frightened woman hears him, as his axes whirl and slash, a wall of steel that he wields. Kane slashes once at the reptileman and scores a minor wound, but the angle of the cut makes it difficult to stop bleeding.

His bloodlust is far from satiated though and he continues hacking and slashing. This time the lizard bears the brunt of his aggression, a deep wound that just serves to further Kane's unquenchable thirst for battle. Another swing of his mighty axe and this time it embeds itself into the lizard's neck, severing an artery and leaving the mount quite dead.

This action continues to fuel Kane's adrenaline and he steps around the reptileman and slams his older axe into the enemy. A wide-tusked grin spreads even further across his face.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: Step back 1 square to get a running jump - athletics (1d20+10=23) therefore he jumps 4.3 squares, land in H25
Standard: Rage of the Crimson Hurricane - vs ac(Scaleshaper, lizard); dmg (1d20+11=25, 1d20+11=14, 1d12+6=7) hits Scaleshaper, misses lizard and does minimum damage, 7 + ongoing 5 (save ends)
AP: Whirling Frenzy - vs ac(Scaleshaper, lizard); dmg (1d20+11=16, 1d20+11=31, 1d12+1d12+6=16) + crit dmg (2d12=16)
Free: Apply Furious Assault to Lizard hit = 12 more.
Total damage to lizard = 58 + both enemies take 4 more (from rage)
Free: Rampage (triggered by crit) - MBA (vs lizard) (1d20+11=26, 1d12+8=9) hits for 9
Free: Shift to G24 and deal 12 dmg (1d12+3=12) damage to scaleshaper (Whirling Lunge)

This round Scaleshaper takes 27 + 5 ongoing & lizard takes 71 & dies

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:18, Will:14
HP:53/53, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Furious Assault
Hunter's Quarry (Ranger MC)
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Brutal Slam[
Shrug it Off

Swift Panther Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Vanguard Weapon

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging (only using the Vanguard weapon though). Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

Remove ads