Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=John]Arrow of warning was used. Technically, Hergunna killed it, since the order of operations should have been Arrow of Warning, Kruk's Free Attack, then Hergunna's attack. But since Ryry posted after you but before Kruk, I wrote it as if Kruk killed the Naga, for continuity's sake. [/sblock][sblock=Ryry/Dims]I hope you don't mind me calling you Dims. Just my lazy typing, although I realize it is perhaps not the most flattering-sounding nickname.

I'm not sure if he would have enough move left (or any) since the power is really an immediate reaction, and the move is a charge, not a normal move. But, I don't really know, and given my desire not that have to retcon my post, as well as my benevolent love of my players :)P), I'll play it as Ryry has suggested: Charge, trigger interrupt, finish charge/turn.

Kruk has another saving throw to use, left over from the end of last turn, to save vs weakened. His save vs slowed however (see below) will have to wait.
[/sblock]

"BACK!"
the Adept blurted out, pushing Kruk backward. The dwarf was weakened by the blow, and still pushed forward, cleaving the adept and drawing blood.

After barely dodging a slew of attacks, the Adept stepped backwards, and took aim at Wil. "You as well, Stay back! Akneth Protects me!" The flaming attack struck true, burning Wil's skin and catching his garments on fire. The Adept retreated even further.

The Scaleshaper followed suit. Focusing its mind, the creature fired two more mind bolts, sending crippling waves of pain through Hergunna and Kruk's heads. It backed away slowly, and then more quickly, trying to retreat.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Pact-Bound Adept
Interrupt: Fierce Rebuke (vs Wil)
Attack: 1d20+13=33 NPCs waste a crit.
Effect: Kruk Weakened

Pact-Bound Adept
Recharge Healing Burst: 1d6=3 Failed
Recharge Fierce Rebuke: 1d6=5 Recharged
Minor: Shift to G38
Standard: Flaming Staff vs Wil (Reflex)
Attack: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2569676/1d20+13=22
Damage: 1d6+5=8 + 5 ongoing fire
Move: to G44

Scaleshaper
Standard: Frightful Vision vs Hergunna and Kruk (vs Wil)
Attack Hergunna: 1d20+10=23
Damage Hergunna: 1d8+5=10
Attack Kruk: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2569678/1d20+10=15
Damage Kruk: 1d8+5=6
Effect: Hergunna and Kruk are slowed (save ends)
Minor: Shift to E40
Move: to E46

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: H28 9/40 HS 9/10 AP 0 MW 1/2, Bloodied, 5 ongoing fire
Hergunna: -B31 34/46 HS 9/9 AP 0, 5 ongoing fire, Slowed
Kane: G26 27/53 THP 0/5 HS 9/10 AP 0,
Kruk: B26 22/61 THP 0/12 HS 8/12 AP 0 SW used, Bloodied, Weakened, Slowed
Carolina: D29 16/39 HS 7/7 AP 1, SW used, Bloodied, Slowed

Enemies:
Pact-Bound Adept: G44 11/58, Bloodied
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper: E46 20/73, Bloodied

Dead:
Lieth, Lightning Naga: A27:B28 -8/162 AP 0/2, Dead
Giant Lizard: F24:G25 -1/69, dead
Giant Lizard: H26:I27 0/69 DEAD

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-12.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper
Small aberrant humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Controller (Leader)
HP 73; Bloodied 36
AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 20, Will 18 (If does not shift during turn, -1 AC and Reflex)
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+3 damage.
Frightful Vision (standard, at-will) Fear, Psychic
Ranged 10; the scaleshaper attacks two different targets; +10 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Unnatural Speed (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains +4 speed and can shift 2 squares as a minor action until the end of its next turn..
Warped Strength (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with its melee attacks until the end of its next turn..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The scaleshaper shifts 1 square.
Shifty Boots (minor; encounter)
The scaleshaper shifts 2 squares.
Equipment: Boots of the Fencing Master, Amulet of Physical Resolve+2

Pact-Bound Adept
Small natural humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Artillery (Leader)
HP 58; Bloodied 29
AC 19; Fortitude 16, Reflex 18, Will 19 (If does not shift during turn, -1 AC and Reflex)
Resist 5 fire
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
Flaming Staff (standard, at-will) Fire, Weapon
Requires quarterstaff ; ranged 10; +13 vs Reflex; 1d6+5 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Fierce Rebuke (immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to the pact-bound adept, recharge 5,6) Fear
The adept attacks the triggering enemy; +13 vs Will; the target is pushed 3 squares and weakened (save ends).
Dragon's Grace (minor, recharge 5,6)
Ranged 10; one ally gains resist 10 against a damage type of the adept’s choice until the end of the encounter..
Healing Burst (standard, recharge 5,6) Healing
Area burst 2 within 10; allies in the area regain 20 hit points..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The adept shifts 1 square.
Vagabond’s Die (minor; Daily)
Ranged 10; The adept rolls a D6 and targeted enemy suffers random effects.
Trap Sense
The adept gains a +2 bonus to all defenses against traps.
Equipment: quarterstaff, Boots of the Fencing Master, Vagabond’s Die

[/sblock][sblock=Pact-Bound Adept Interrupt]It is recharged. Yes, again.

immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to the pact-bound adept (Fear)
The adept attacks the triggering enemy; +13 vs Will; on hit, the target is pushed 3 squares and weakened (save ends).
[/sblock][sblock=Almost!]I would say combat is over, and you have routed them, except they carry your treasure! Finish them off. You can do it![/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Agggghhhh!...Cowards!" Kruk states, finding it hard to chase his foes. "Get back here and fight!" Thinking quickly, Kruk drops his axe and equips a throwing axe. He launches it at the adept. It hits causing a minor wound causing the adept to yelp in pain. "Well...better then noth'n" Kruk states outloud as he bends over with his hands grabbing his knees, trying to catch his breath, still unable to escape the effects of his weakend condition.

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to d38
free action = drop weapon
minor: equip throwing axe
attack: throwing axe vs adept AC: 1d20+9 = 19 for 1d6+4 = 5 if weakend condition effects a ranged attack, then only 2 points damage

save vs weakend condition: 1d20 = 7
save vs slowed condition: 1d20 = 1 ugh

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 5

*Adverse Condition: BLOODIED
*Initiative: +2
*Passive Insight 14
*Passive Perception 14
*Senses low light vision
*HP 55 21
*Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 12 8
*AC 23 Fortitude 21 Reflex 15 Will 15 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: USED
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +10: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*1 healing potion: reward from To Catch a Crimelord
*At will:
Brash Strike
Resolute Shield
*Encounter:
Covering Attack
Bull Charge USED
Boot Power USED
*Daily
Comeback Strike USED
Unstopable: USED
Bedeviling Assault USED
Thundering Weapon power USED
Cloak Power USED
Boot Power USED
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Ryry/Dims]I'm not sure if he would have enough move left (or any) since the power is really an immediate reaction, and the move is a charge, not a normal move. But, I don't really know, and given my desire not that have to retcon my post, as well as my benevolent love of my players :)P), I'll play it as Ryry has suggested: Charge, trigger interrupt, finish charge/turn.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]FWIW... Unless the reaction says something about affecting any remaining move the target has (see Slow for an example of that sort of thing), I don't see any reason he can't continue moving up to his speed, and thus continue his charge. There's nothing special about the movement that's part of a charge except that each square has to move you closer to the target (which he still would be), you have to attack from the first possible square (which he still would be), and that you have to move at least two squares before the attack (which he still would be). If he was only pushed one square away, maybe there might be some argument about whether he could resume the charge because of that "at least two squares rule". Luckily that didn't happen so we don't have to worry about it. :) (And luckily Kruk used his boots for the extra speed boost!)[/sblock]
Hergunna-wolf snarls as the kobold tries to get away. She shifts to human shape and moves slightly closer before flicking a thorn whip at the adept. The vine catches the reptile around its throat, razor-sharp thorns slicing in to deadly effect, and falls dead.

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Ongoing damage still blocked by resistance for this round.
Minor: Shift to human shape, including shift to E36
Move: to E38
Standard: Thorn Whip vs Adept (1d20+7=18, 1d8+5=13)
Saving Throws: Save vs Ongoing, Slow (1d20+1=16, 1d20+1=20) Yay.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hergunna stat block]Hergunna- Female Human Druid 4
Human Form
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP:34/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11 (13 in beast form), Surges left:9/9
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers:
Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape

Thorn Spray, Resist Energy, Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry

Summon Pack Wolf

Death Fang Totem, Enduring Beast Hide Armor, Bracers of Respite
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Kruk]Might not matter, but Kruk has 1 more save vs weakened for this round (1 for end of last action, and one for end of this action. You only rolled one of those).[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Kruk]Might not matter, but Kruk has 1 more save vs weakened for this round (1 for end of last action, and one for end of this action. You only rolled one of those).[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
thanks Tenchuu :)

Dims has a good ring to it. Feel free

save vs weakened: 1d20 = 9 lame... lol

[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina struggles to move her tiny feet as far as she can, but she still isn't comfortable with the distance between her and the only remaining enemy.

"Hello, old friend," the halfling says as she brings her right hand up and levels her crossbow at the fleeing creature. Calmly, she pulls the trigger.

[sblock=Actions]Move to F33
Sly flourish (w/crossbow) vs. Scaleshaper hits AC 20 for 15 damage (Roll Lookup). I think that's a miss, though I'm not sure because of that whole not-shifting penalty.

Save:1d20=7
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Ahhh, not fire again! Wil beats at his clothing helplessly, in a high shrieky voice. He looks at the retreating creatures. Why do you stupid lizards always have to catch me on fire. The creature ignores him, so Wil leans over to Carolina. Got any potions? he whispers, stumbling around about to collapse...

[sblock=OOC] Whoops, got too close.
Take 5 ongoing fire damage
Standard: Cutting Words on the Scaleshifter 1d20+8=17 (misses by 1)
Minor: Take a potion from Carolina if she has one
Minor: Drink potion
Save? 1d20=2 oh, crappy.

Well the fight is almost over anyway, right?
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Ongoing 5 fire
Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:19 Insight: 17
AC: 19 NAD:14/16/19
HP: 4/40 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:21

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Shout of Triumph, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Words, Words of Friendship, Moment of Escape, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Warning, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[Sblock=All]
Dims, Kruk was slowed, so he couldn't go that far.

IG, it did shift, so it was a miss

John, I took damage from you for the ongoing, but didn't apply the potion yet. If IG agrees in character, than consider those actions as posted. Otherwise...

And, I think it's almost over, but this dual slowed attack vs will is a real pain.[/Sblock]

"
Ak..neth.." The adept uttered as it fell to the ground dead.

The Scaleshaper used its mind once again, firing psychic bolts at Hergunna and Kane. The two, slammed by the blast, felt sluggish; the force of the impact opened up old wounds on the Barbarian. The lone reptile continued its retreat.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Scaleshaper
Standard: Frightful Vision vs Hergunna and Kane (vs Wil)
Attack Hergunna: 1d20+10=23
Damage Hergunna: 1d8+5=6
Attack Kruk: 1d20+10=20
Damage Kruk: 1d8+5=7
Effect: Hergunna and Kruk are slowed (save ends)
Minor: Shift to D46
Move: to -B48

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: E33 4/40 HS 9/10 AP 0 MW 0/2, Bloodied, 5 ongoing fire
Hergunna: D38 28/46 HS 9/9 AP 0, Slowed
Kane: G44 20/53 THP 0/5 HS 9/10 AP 0, Slowed, Bloodied
Kruk: F37 22/61 THP 0/12 HS 8/12 AP 0 SW used, Bloodied, Weakened, Slowed
Carolina: F33 16/39 HS 7/7 AP 1, SW used, Bloodied, Slowed

Enemies:
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper: -B46 20/73, Bloodied

Dead:
Pact-Bound Adept: G44 -3/58, Bloody Dead
Lieth, Lightning Naga: A27:B28 -8/162 AP 0/2, Dead
Giant Lizard: F24:G25 -1/69, dead
Giant Lizard: H26:I27 0/69 DEAD

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-13.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper
Small aberrant humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Controller (Leader)
HP 73; Bloodied 36
AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 20, Will 18 (If does not shift during turn, -1 AC and Reflex)
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+3 damage.
Frightful Vision (standard, at-will) Fear, Psychic
Ranged 10; the scaleshaper attacks two different targets; +10 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Unnatural Speed (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains +4 speed and can shift 2 squares as a minor action until the end of its next turn..
Warped Strength (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with its melee attacks until the end of its next turn..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The scaleshaper shifts 1 square.
Equipment: Boots of the Fencing Master, Amulet of Physical Resolve+2[/sblock]

Remove ads