D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord) - Page 10

+ Log in or register to post
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    you think your IC rolls are bad
    Yeah, but you turned around and rolled a Crit with max crit damage during an OA the very next turn (Oh... Wait.... I rolled that for you *hehe*).
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore ryryguy
    Quick Shots
    The archers' quick shot power is listed as an encounter power in their stat block, but they seem to be using it every round... is the stat block wrong?
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

Defender (Lvl 8)

Blog Entries

Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk roars as one of his comrades goes down. "you are going to pay for that!" Kruk says as he moves towards the captain, careful not to step on his fallen comrade. As he draws near he swings his mighty axe, connecting with a brutal blow to the captain's arm. Kruk then braces himself for a counter attack.

actions

movement: move to H18
    attack: brash attack against the captain: 1d20+12 vs AC: 28 for 1d10+8=13
    minor: Unstoppable (Daily): 2d6+3 = 13 temp hp

captain gets +2 on attack against Kruk until the beginning of Kruk's next turn.

mark the captain

ooc

Tenchuu, I'm confused about the 3 flail thing with the immediate interupt action. If you'd like to roleplay the interupt attack, that's fine with me.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    Quick Shots
    The archers' quick shot power is listed as an encounter power in their stat block, but they seem to be using it every round... is the stat block wrong?
    OOC
    Yea, sorry. I wanted them to be a tougher enemy, since they are only level 4. I will update the enemy block.

I'm not sure exactly how to give out EXP for them (perhaps as a level 6 instead)
    L4E Character: Jin | Pic | Token

"Not so fast!" The captain says, lashing out with his chains and damaging the fighter. But the counter was not enough to stop the dwarf's attack.

mechanics

Captain
    Immediate Interrupt: Parrying Chains vs Kruk
    Attack: 1d20+13-2+2=25
    Damage: 1d10+5=13
    Effect: +2 to AC vs Kruk's attack, but it's not enough to make the attack miss.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
    OOC
    Yea, sorry. I wanted them to be a tougher enemy, since they are only level 4. I will update the enemy block.

I'm not sure exactly how to give out EXP for them (perhaps as a level 6 instead)
    ooc
    Okay... that's quite a significant upgrade. They are likely to deal out more damage per round than any of the other opponents save the captain (and more than even him if he doesn't get to use his interrupt, though that doesn't seem to be a problem thus far). Double attack at wills are something they recommend adding to a creature when upgrading it to elite or solo.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore industrygothica
    Carolina's Opportunity Attack
    There's no way I'm going to take that attack. Her chance of hitting goes from a +14 to a +8 for a max of 4 points plus sneak attack damage vs. staying hidden and dealing closer to 20-30 if she hits.

I do have a question though.. is he standing on top of the cannon? If so, he can be pushed overboard since he's elevated, right?
    Games I DM:
    [d&d 3.5] Those Left Behind: [OOC1] [OOC2] [Character Records] [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3]
    [d&d 4e] The Witchlights: [OOC] [Character Records] [Game]

Defender (Lvl 8)

Blog Entries

Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
    "Not so fast!" The captain says, lashing out with his chains and damaging the fighter. But the counter was not enough to stop the dwarf's attack.

mechanics

Captain
    Immediate Interrupt: Parrying Chains vs Kruk
    Attack: 1d20+13-2+2=25
    Damage: 1d10+5=13
    Effect: +2 to AC vs Kruk's attack, but it's not enough to make the attack miss.
    Kruk spits out blood from the flail lashing he received from the captain. With a smirk on his face he states "I was expecting more from you pirate. I like to feel a little pain now and then. You disappoint me." Kruk chuckles at his last taunt directed towards the captain.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Carolina's Opportunity Attack
    There's no way I'm going to take that attack. Her chance of hitting goes from a +14 to a +8 for a max of 4 points plus sneak attack damage vs. staying hidden and dealing closer to 20-30 if she hits.

I do have a question though.. is he standing on top of the cannon? If so, he can be pushed overboard since he's elevated, right?
    Pushable
    Yes, he is on top of the cannon, and now no longer protected from pushing by the rail. Good thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    ooc
    Okay... that's quite a significant upgrade. They are likely to deal out more damage per round than any of the other opponents save the captain (and more than even him if he doesn't get to use his interrupt, though that doesn't seem to be a problem thus far). Double attack at wills are something they recommend adding to a creature when upgrading it to elite or solo.
    ooc
    Yes and no. The captain has that 50/50 recharge power that is basically a daily (double damage, plus it knocks you prone). They have low hitpoints and low defenses. But, I agree, giving them double attack makes them quite a bit harder.

If you compare them to Sylen Leafrunner, L3 skirmisher with Twin Strike, they are not they much different. Granted, the pirate archers are dealing their attribute bonus on the double attack and the leafrunner is not.

When Hergunna gets revived, try to put Kruk between yourself and those archers. His 23 AC is pretty hard to hit.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast