Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord) - Page 26


What's on your mind?

  1. #251
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Kane moves closer and throws his axe again, but this time his aim is off.

    ooc

    Move to E46 & RBA - vs ac; dmg (1d20+11=20, 1d12+8=12) miss (forgot -2 for range, but it didn't matter)

 

  • #252
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    industrygothica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    4,639
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore industrygothica
    My communities:

    Carolina quickly tosses Wil her only healing potion before she fires off another wayward shot. Finally, she takes cover behind the outhouse.

    Actions

    Deft Strike: move to D35 and fire 1d20+9=14, 1d6+5=8
    Move to B36

    Save: 1d20=11 Finally!

    *Edit* Stealth: 1d20+12=17
    Last edited by industrygothica; Wednesday, 23rd June, 2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added Stealth check
    Games I DM:
    [d&d 3.5] Those Left Behind: [OOC1] [OOC2] [Character Records] [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3]
    [d&d 4e] The Witchlights: [OOC] [Character Records] [Game]

  • #253
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ý Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk picks up his weapon and moves closer to the foe. Frustrated, Kruk continues to taunt his enemy "Aaaaghhhhhh....come back and fight ya chicken!" Kruk has to stop his persuit again due to the ongoing adverse effects of spells.

    actions

    minor: pick up battleaxe
    movement: kruk can move 3 spaces because of his encounter boot power: +1 to speed. Move to C40
    movement: move to a43

    save vs weakend condition: 1d20 = 8 nope
    save vs slowed condition: 1d20 = 8 nope

    I've failed my last 6 saving throws!
    Last edited by dimsdale; Wednesday, 23rd June, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #254
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    dimsdale

    Instead of nothing as your standard action you could either use it for another move action or total defense so its not wasted


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #255
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ý Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    dimsdale

    Instead of nothing as your standard action you could either use it for another move action or total defense so its not wasted
    ooc

    Thanks

    Kruk decided to go with the double movement option.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #256
    Wil quaffs Carolina's potion and it keeps him standing. Despite his burning clothing he knocks an arrow and lets it fly far, far to the retreating lizardman. It makes the distance, but the creature dodges it. Curse you! shouts the bard and tries to stamp out his fire. It spreads over his arms and he begins to panic.

    OOC
    Potion heals 10 for 1 healing surge, then 5 ongoing fire damage
    Standard: Jinx Shot 1d20+10=15 (bah!)
    Save 1d20=1 (you must be kidding, Kruk's bad luck is catching)


    ministats

    Triggers:
    Status: bloodied
    Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:19 Insight: 17
    AC: 19 NAD:14/16/19
    HP: 9/40 Surges: 7/8 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
    Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
    Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:21

    Powers:
    At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
    Encounter - Second Wind, Shout of Triumph, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Words, Words of Friendship, Moment of Escape, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
    Daily - Arrow of Warning, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment

    Full Character Sheet

  • #257
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore ryryguy
    Hergunna struggles to move closer to the fleeing kobold and misses with a thorn whip, then changes to wolf form.

    Actions
    Standard: Thorn whip vs. scaleshaper (1d20+7=18, 1d8+5=7) Miss by 1.
    Move: to B40
    Minor: Wild Shape to wolf
    End: Save vs slow (1d20+1=17) Not slowed.

    Hergunna stat block
    Hergunna- Female Human Druid 4
    Beast Form
    Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
    AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:18 -- Speed:7
    HP:28/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11 (13 in beast form), Surges left:9/9
    Initiative +5
    Action Points: 0, Daily Item Uses: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
    Powers:
    Thorn Whip, Call of the Beast, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Wild Shape

    Thorn Spray, Resist Energy, Predator's Flurry, Hunter's Quarry

    Summon Pack Wolf

    Death Fang Totem, Enduring Beast Hide Armor, Bracers of Respite
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #258
    Not The Next Turn, yet...

    Please welcome Mal Malenkirk, who will be joining the group of adventurers with his chracter, Charina, a female Drow sharpshooter.


    Having gotten word of the Lizard attack from a fleeing dock worker, Charina moved with speed down to the harbor. As she approached, she saw a haggard-looking group of adventurers, with a trail of dead lizards in their wake, pursuing one more. Concealing herself behind a rock, she watched as the Scaleshaper retreated towards her, oblivious to the threat ahead.

    Map Info

    Charina is off-map to the north, 20 squares away, with cover/concealment.
    Next Steps
    In the off chance that Charina doesn't kill the last lizard, I'll post its actions. But, assuming she does, go ahead and RP the introduction.
    L4E Character: Jin | Pic | Token

  • #259
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    A bolt out of nowhere narrowly misses the lizard. It turns its head in alarm in the direction the projectile came from. It's no help. Another bolt strike him through the throat and he falls lifeless to the ground.

    Over a hundred feet away, a silhouette appears from the shadows. It is a female of slight build carrying an enormous crossbow, taller than she is. She wears a clinging suit of dark leather armour, has short cropped white air and a mischiveous smile.

    -''Hey there. I'm a bit embarassed that the first bolt missed. Not my style, really. It doesn't look like you needed any help either, so I lay no claim to the booty. But surely you won't mind if I cut off the lizards' ears?'' says the drow cheerfully, drawing a curved dagger.

    Actions

    Standard: Shadow Strike
    vs AC (1d20+12+2=19, 1d10+8+2d8=18)

    Looks like a miss. Thankfully, if Charina is hidden when she uses shadow strike, she can take an immediate stealth check after the attack to remain hidden.
    Stealth (1d20+16=29)

    Still Hidden!

    Minor: Reload Crossbow

    AP: Sly Flourish
    Sly Flourish vs AC (1d20+12+2=28, 1d10+10+2d8=27)

    Hit and a kill
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Friday, 25th June, 2010 at 03:45 AM.

  • #260
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ý Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk View Post
    -''Hey there. I'm a bit embarassed that the first bolt missed. Not my style, really. It doesn't look like you needed any help either, so I lay no claim to the booty. But surely you won't mind if I cut off the lizards' ears?'' says the drow cheerfully, drawing a curved dagger.
    Kruk looks up just in time to see that female drop the foe. "BY MY GRANDPAPPY'S YELLOW BEARD!...WHO THE HECK ARE YOU!?" Not waiting for an answer, he screams again. "YA COULD HAVE GIVEN US A CHANCE TO MAKE KILLING BLOW!" Kruk is obviously still in battle frenzy mode and is not well versed in diplomacy. He then kicks the limp body in frustration and abruptly collapses to the ground, landing on his back. After taking a few deep breaths and then looking straight up in the air into the face of the female dressed in leather, who is now cutting of the ear of the foe, Kruk states "Aye...my name's Kruk...well met."
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1085
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th November, 2010, 12:30 PM
    2. Replies: 927
      Last Post: Tuesday, 20th April, 2010, 03:49 AM
    3. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 05:23 AM
    4. Utah SLC adventure on the high seas
      By PitHound in forum Gamers Seeking Gamers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Tuesday, 11th July, 2006, 04:52 PM
    5. Looking for adventure on the high seas
      By TheGraySquirrel in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Friday, 15th July, 2005, 06:53 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •