Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
"A plan is made then," the captain announced. "You five will operate night watch, and we'll try not to wake you during the day, except for grub. Porse here steers the boat at night, so you'll get to spend plenty of time with one another."

"Great," Porse said sarcastically.

The nights passed without incident for two weeks. A boat sailing at night is boring, so much so that even when operating on a full-day's sleep, it's still a struggle to stay alert in the quiet night.

On the 15th night, things got a little interesting, as they sailed into dense fog. The fog just seemed to creep up from the ocean itself. "The Nine Hells!" Porse cursed, working with his two night-crew deck hands to close up all the sails. At curious looks, one of the deck hands explained that when you can't see, even out in the deep waters, there is a real risk to run aground, thanks to shifting mires.

[sblock=Next Steps...]
Okay. So I am pausing here so you guys can plan out the ambush setup. See the map post below. what I would like to know is starting positions.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-1.png

[/sblock][sblock=Map Notes]
G13 to H15: Open air to lower deck. This is a 7 foot drop without using the ladder. Used to load cargo. You can decide whether or not to run a cargo net over top of it. With a cargo net, it would be difficult terrain.

If you want to get it one of the boats or stand on top of the cannon, that's difficult terrain. But, you have the room to maneuver around these obstacles without penalizing movement speed.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil positions himself in the shadows of the above deck.

[sblock=OOC]
Position in G18
Stealth in cover here 1d20+8=22
Initiative 1d20+4=8
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Virtue of Prescience (if ally within 5 is hit by less than 2), Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade (if ally misses with melee by less than 6), Arrow of Warning (if bloodied ally is attacked)
Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:19 Insight: 17
AC: 19 NAD:14/16/19
HP: 40/40 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:21

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Shout of Triumph, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word, Words of Friendship, Moment of Escape, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Warning, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Eeek, I am working on getting Hergunna's sheet up to date for level 4 right now. I hope to submit it later tonight.

Initiative, Stealth (1d20+5=10, 1d20+11=25)[/sblock]

Hergunna crouches behind some barrels along the portside rail, across from Carolina.

[sblock=Carolina]Hergunna should make a good flanking buddy for you. She gets +1d10 on beast form attacks with combat advantage... Kane typically does not hold still long enough to be a reliable flanker. :)[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Tenchuu]In doing up my sheet I realized that Hergunna already had Animal Messenger ritual (it's free for druids). So I want to switch my purchase to Dowsing Rod (equal cost). It hardly seems to make a difference at this point but let me know if that's not okay.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=John]Forgot to say, no penalty from the sea wind on your arrows.[/sblock][sblock=ryry]Purchases look good, including the switch.[/sblock][sblock=Group Decision]I need to know if you are leaving the cargo opening in the center open air or covering it with netting.

If you don't decide, or care, Porse will have put the netting up to keep his own men from falling in.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kane will climb up the main mast, using the dropped sails as cover to hide.

When the others look at him about his hiding spot he say simply, Nobody ever look up" with a wink.

[sblock=ooc]
Stealth at G11, however high up the lower cross beam is that he can perch on.

stealth (1d20+12=26)

Kane would also like to keep it open. Also, Tenchuu, I've update my wishlist for a few non-defensive items.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Kane]Actually, the sailed are tied up, to prevent the wind from catching them. But, they may still provide some concealment given the foggy evening. Let me know if this is good or you want to reconsider.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases