Chaosium sale, weird and cool.

darjr

I crit!
Chaosium.com: News - Chaosium.com 2010 sale

To celebrate the eventual rescue of the Donner party and the Feast of St. George (we assume no connection between these events...) Chaosium.com will be holding our annual sale. Save 30% on Chaosium books, monographs, and over 100 PDFs. The sale ends May 1st, 2010.

While everyone may not like cannibals, they're quite fond of everyone else.

Huh.

First. I didn't know they had a yearly sale.

B. I haven't heard of any other sales based on such a thing.

3. I think it is cool.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
On one hand, this is really cool. OTOH, Chaosium made such a 'complete in one book' game that I really never feel the need to buy any supplements. :erm:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Thanks for pointing this out!

Can somebody "Sell Me On" the Arkham Now PDF? Arkham is such a great setting and I would love to have a modern version of it. Is it truly set in the early 21st century, or is it still the Chaosium "Now" of early 1990s?

Thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know what books I would need to buy to run Call of Cthulu? Do I just need the core rulebook or are any of the other books also recommended?

Are there any really good adventures that Chaosium have made that I should get?

I've wanted to get Call of Cthulu for a while now. The 30% discount, combined with an awesome exchange rate, just make this too good an offer to pass up.

Olaf the Stout

James Jacobs

Adventurer

Well... "Masks of Nyarlathotep" is regularly cited as the best RPG adventure ever written for any system, so that's a good place to start!

I also rank "Beyond the Mountains of Madness" and "At Your Door" quite highly on the list of awesome Chaosium adventures.

But basically, the only thing you need to get started with the game is the Call of Cthulhu core rulebook.

malraux

First Post
Thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know what books I would need to buy to run Call of Cthulu? Do I just need the core rulebook or are any of the other books also recommended?

I've wanted to get Call of Cthulu for a while now. The 30% discount, combined with an awesome exchange rate, just make this too good an offer to pass up.

Olaf the Stout

For the core rules, you can easily get by with just the core book. If you want a short adventure, the Goodman games models seem to be pretty good. For long term games, Masks or BtMoM are said to be good choices.

darjr

I crit!
Goodman games has a couple that are supposed to be pretty good.

Also the kobolds and open design are in the midst of a patron project that is really cool.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases