War scenario how to do.

Uber Dungeon

First Post
My setting that I'm running my players through, there's this epic war going on and it's beginning to seem that i might have to figure out a way to accurately and smoothly run a large scale war/battle. Also it's going to be done with miniatures on a large grid map.

heres what I came up with
1. Each miniature on the grid will represent a unite of 20 NPC's or 19 + 1 PC
2. Hp and damage will be increased by x20 (this also effects healing surges)
3. A 5% loss in hp reduces damage increase by x1, to account for unit loss.
4. Each square is scaled to represent 4x5 square (20 squares)
5. Players only move 1 square per turn.

~Formation~
-Each player can chose 2 formation's to march in.
-The effects of that formation only effect the first round of combat until your next turn starts.
-Each player also gets "standard march formation" witch is just whats stated above.

1. "V" formation- Rush in v shape to surround target: +2 ATK, -2 AC
2. 5 point formation- octagon formation to maximize defence: +4 AC, Changes damage increase to x15 (-5) in place of x20.
3. Casting circle- Chanting spells in sequences: +100% spell range & + 2 INT, WIS and CHA. -3 AC, reduce damage increase to x10 from x20.
4. Spear Head- Spearheading into heart of enemy unit: +25% to damage, You deal half damage + 25% even if you missed. -4 AC

~Unite Modding~
-The player may chose one of the unit types to get different advantages.

Archer unit
- Full Archers: You can attack from 3 squares away, melee combat only grants x10 damage.
- Partial Archers: You can attack from 3 squares away at x5 damage, melee combat grants x15 damage.

~War Powers~
Players get 1 war power.

Charge
at-will
effect; Move twice, +2 to attack in moving into combat -2 AC

Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for "Unite modding" or more "War Powers"

Last edited:

Keenberg

First Post
Unit Modding:
Flying Platoon
Flying Platoons can consist of many things, such as soldiers in ornithopters, archers on the wings of griffins, or wizards riding giant eagles, crows, or bats, to name a few.
Airborne: Moves 3 squares above the field. While airborne, Flying Platoons can only be attacked by archer units.
Airborne Advantage: +2 attack rolls while airborne against non-airborne foes.
Flight Armor: -2 AC
When bloodied, the Flying Platoon loses airborne, and lands safely.

Heavy Armored Platoon
This platoon is ready to take a beating and dish one out. Heavily armored platoons consist of troops such as war elephants or knights covered in plate mail on armored horses much the same.
Sturdy: HP value is x30
Rough 'n' Tumble: Damage is x25
Cumbersome: Foes receive a +1 roll to attacks to hit this unit, and this unit may not shift.

Just two quick ones before I have to run off to class. I'll try to help more later!

(Edit: Back, and I've got another...)
Seige Engines
Trebuchets, catapults, ballistas, and mangonels. All are designed to stay put and wreak havoc.
Optimum Range: This unit may attack from 2-6 squares away.
Stalwart: HP value is x40
Immobile: If this unit moves, it may not move during your next turn.
Useless Up-close: This unit does x5 damage to adjacent enemies.

Last edited:

Keenberg

First Post
War Powers

Seize the Advantage*
immediate reaction
When the opposing army breaks or changes formation, your army receives +2 to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
*this is historically based: in medieval warfare, a break in formation was the first step towards defeat. You would send in your cavalry when an enemy's formation was broken, and the cavalry would further disrupt strategy by breaking lines and thinning the enemies numbers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases