Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The man smiles and beacons you into the room. "There, away from prying eyes and curious ears. Much better. Now for introductions. If we are going to be working together, we should know a little about each other. My name is Iaros Karvaron, a scholar of some minor renown."

[sblock=History or Streetwise 15]Iaros is being a little humble. He is actually very well known, in the proper circles. In this case, the proper circles are those related to archeology.
[sblock=History, Streetwise, or Religion 20]Iaros has occasionally come under fire from the temples for his studies of deities outside the Twelve.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=General Info]Ideally, everyone would post at least once per day, especially during combats and skill challenges. We don't live in an ideal world, though, and sometimes delays are inevitable. Please let me know if you are going to be away for an extended period of time (like, 2+ days) so I can NPC you if necessary.

I'll be running the group initiative system you can find all over the place. Please use Invisible Castle for your rolls, and I'll do the same. Also, I'd like it if during combat, after you describe what your character is doing, everyone would put their actions and stats in little spoiler boxes, like so:

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to I3, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk.
Minor: Curse gnome.
Standard: Flames of Phlegethos against the gnome. Hits Reflex 20 for 29 fire and 1 untyped. Hit or miss, 5 ongoing fire, save ends.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Haruka Sato- human warlock 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 15
AC: 15 | For: 15 | Ref: 15 | Will: 14
HP: 30/30+4 | Bloodied: 15 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 7/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +2 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace
Flames of Phlegethos

[/sblock]

This will help me keep track of everything during combat. Also, please have a link to your character sheet either in your signature or in the stat block (or both).

Everyone should choose a unique, non-white color for their character's voice. Right now I've reserved whatever this color is for Iaros, so you can't use that one. Sorry *shrugs*.

There will be rewards, eventually. If you don't have a wishlist in your character sheet, you should be thinking of one. If you don't have one by the time I decide to start distributing treasure, I'll do my best to give you something awesome. I find picking out items to be fun, so don't feel like you need a wishlist for my sake.[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Zhen bows to Iaros. "I am Li Zhenyu. Please, call me Zhen. I am a student of the Tian Shi Quan style of Hu Shan Mountain."

[sblock=Zhen's Info]Li "Zhen" Zhenyu - Male Half-Orc Monk 1
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17, Low-Light Vision
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 15, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: None

Powers:
Crane's Wings
Five Storms
Stone Fist Flurry of Blows

Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Rising Storm
Second Wind

Spinning Leopard Maneuver
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin walks in with Zhen and waits for him to introduce himself. You can call me Raijin and I am also of the Kingdom. I have knowledge of arts arcane and of the stars in the heavens. He turns to Iaros in particular. I have heard your name, yes. You are renowned as a scholar true, but sometimes your studies bring notoriety to your name.

[sblock=actions] Streetwise 1d20+4=22 [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Status
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 16
AC 14, Fort 15, Reflex 10, Will 16
HP 22/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Lightning Strike, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Promise of Storm, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=history roll]17[/sblock]
The tall, crystalline creature joins the others in the back room. Her body seems slightly pink. She continues to regard her surroundings with curious interest. Hearing the others, a sound like a hundred tiny voices speaking in chorus pleasantly chimes "Empathy." Seeing from the looks of others that this doesn't seem to suffice, she adds, "Telekinesis. Mind twisting."

[sblock=Empathy ministats]Empathy Shardmind Psion 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:14, Fort:11, Reflex:14, Will:16
HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/7
Resist: 5 psychic
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 1/1/0
Power Points: 2
Powers:
Dishearten
Mind Thrust

Shard Swarm
Far Hand
Forceful Push
Second Wind

Ravening Thoughts

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:pC:Empathy (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]
[sblock=ps]I'm trying an odd direction with this character... Feel free to let me know if it gets annoying and I can back off. :)[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
K’atzn’ii gives the crystalline object a wide berth, unsure as to the creature and a bit put off by something that can speak into her mind.

"Greetings, I am K’atzn’ii, I am from the island of Ea, where certain circumstances forced our departure. As the genasi mentioned you are not giving yourself enough credit Iaros." the gith says.

[sblock=ooc]
*NP bob, I like it.

history (1d20+6=21)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]K’atzn’ii - Githyanki Warlock|Swordmage 1
Initiative +2 Passive perception 9 Passive Insight 9
AC 19 For 14 Ref 14 Will 14
HP 31/31 Bloodied 15 Surge value 7 Surges/day 11/11
Speed 6 squares
Languages Common, Deep Speech AP 1
Magic Items Uses 1
Powers: Eldritch Strike
Sword Burst
Vampiric Embrace
Telekinetic Leap
Second Wind
Armor of Agathys [/sblock]

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
D'keth enters the back room, hearing his sister's words. "Indeed, K'atzn'ii and I were forced to leave our homelands and have only recently become reunited despite all odds to the contrary. I look forward to fighting by her side." he says

[sblock=Mini Stats]D'keth - Githyanki Warlock|Wizard 1
Initiative +2 Passive perception 11 Passive Insight 11
AC 18 For 13 Ref 15 Will 14
HP 29/29 Bloodied 14 Surge value 7 Surges/day 10/10
Speed 6 squares
Languages Common, Deep Speech
AP 1
Powers: Thunderwave
Sword Burst
Sword of Sigils
Telekinetic Leap,
Second Wind
Flaming Sphere [/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Lol - this party is awesome! Two strikers, two half strikers, and an off-striker. Basically, we should kill everything in two rounds - but if we don't, we're screwed. :)

Farce, your ministats say "warlock/swordmage" but I noticed your powers are wizard powers. I was just wondering if one of those was incorrect?[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock] I am trying to recruit a leader (healer) Lily Lenore - Oni who was in a past adventure with my first PC. Shaman 3rd level, but still at 1 because the sheet hasn't been updated.

I will have limited internet access until May 10th, just a heads up for the start of the game.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=going to be away]And I will also be away from around May 30 until about June 12 - two solid weeks. I don't know if I will really have much internet access during that time.[/sblock]
[sblock=johnmeier1]Eh, honestly I think we'll be fine. No need to worry. Let that poor guy level up to 3 - he'll get crap XP and loot hanging around level 1 all his career![/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=Tavern entrance]
The door of The Hanged Man burst open in the manner it sometimes did when a particularly self-satisfied brute or other delusional, musclebound, would-be hero made their entrance. However no great shadow blotted out the light of the day, which now seemed to stream unabated into the tavern, instead the threshold contained only the slight silhouette of a young woman. Stepping out of the doorway her features began to resolve themselves from shadow, she was a slight human teenager with wide blue eyes, pale skin, and long straight black hair. She was dressed in a skirt and blouse, topped with a leather breastplate that obviously seen use, over all of this was a long dark cloak. Her clothes and cloak seemed road-worn and slightly dusty. Placing her hands on her hips she grandly announced to the tavern, I'm Lily Lenore, fearless adventurer! She chuckled to herself, pleased with the ring of it.

Walking farther into the tavern Lily looked around curiously, her wide eyes adjusting to the light of the interior. It was not as busy as she had anticipated, with a mild look of disappointment she wondered if perhaps she should have come later. Her musings were suddenly interrupted by a look of alarm that spread over her face as though she had just remembered something of vital importance. Suddenly embarrassed she looked around and gave an uneasy laugh, excuse me. With that she suddenly bolted from the room heading into the back of the tavern.[/sblock]

After a short time Lily reemerged in the back halls of The Hanged Man, breathing a long sigh of relief. She looked around with mild interest at the surroundings, she had not been back here before. Idly exploring she poked her head in various doors as she went down the hallway. There was a surprising number of rooms hidden away back there, it seemed to her. Considering this she opened another door only to find a strange collection of individuals. That strangeness seemed to pale next to the pinkish crystalline...thing which seemed to dominate the room with its unusual presence.

Ah! Sorry, sorry. Don't let me interrupt your adventure.

Quickly closing the door she started to turn away, when suddenly the gears in her head began to turn and a sly smile crossed her face, there didn't seem to be any work in the front after all... Moments later the door opened again and the young girl's head poked back into the room.

Say, you wouldn't happen to need a healer would you? Oh, I know I may look young, but I'm quite competent. She slipped into the room as she spoke. A witch, apprentice to that old hag in Bacarte, Abigail. Hmm, she thought, maybe Abigail wasn't so well known here, they looked like foreigners anyway... I just returned from helping rid the world of the infamous crime boss Mr. X, with the paladin Raiyek, and the dwarf Kruk. Lily looked around at the group of faces (and whatnot) staring back at her, she didn't feel she was convincing them. Also, I come with this. From her shadow behind her errupted an inky black pillar of eyes, gnashing teeth, and amorphous limbs, it glared hungrily around the room for an instant and then, with a wave of Lily's hand, it dissolved, liquefying back into her shadow. So...what do you say?
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 3
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:36/36, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Bonds of the Clan
Twin Panthers
Sly Fox Spirit
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood
Hungry Spirits Totem

Conditions:

Full character sheet
[/sblock]
[sblock=Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)]
Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
  • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
  • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 6 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
  • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
  • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases