STARGATE UNIVERSE # 15:Lost/Season 1/2010

Jack7

First Post
I had been waiting on this. The alien crash ship (the one with Rush's glasses) has a monitoring display with a timeclock which undoubtedly matched that of the Jump Clock data on Destiny (as Eli deduced, but he didn't seem to make the obvious connections - he was too absorbed in their current plight). No coincidence there, as it pretty much confirms what I have believed about Destiny from the very beginning. There are two other possibilities, but the jump clock on the alien vessel matching that of Destiny, well, it's a very strong indicator of what I had previously suspected.

I also find it very unlikely that Rush's glasses were there by accident.

Plus, I suspect that we were given a clue about the identity of the traitor, but it was a rather oblique one. So I could be mistaken, but taken with what we learned in previous episodes, and especially the last one, it seems far more likely now.

I suspect two other things were missed about the ruins as well. A couple of things they didn't seem to notice. Again, absorbed in their plight, they overlooked the obvious. Maybe Eli noticed and hasn't out it together yet.

This show is improving with each new episode.

Having seen his background, I now like Greer much better (I always did like his survival instincts), and far better understand his psyche and personal motivations.

Very interesting episode.
Very interesting indeed.

Come to think of it, now that I think back upon the lines of supposed coincidence, I'm beginning to wonder something about Eli as well. And the Kino.

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
AWESOME.

Yay! They split the party...like I wanted them to do with Rush as soon as he got marooned on that planet.

For me this was what Stargate is about. Exploration, story, action, with some mystery for good measure (I'm not so sure what the mystery is, but I read Jack7's post before posting so it is on my brain at the moment).

LightPhoenix

First Post
Wait a minute, the Stargates can't go between galaxies? Yes they can, if you use the eighth chevron. I'd love to see Eli/Chloe/Scott have a sort of quest to find a gate that has enough power to dial inter-galactically. In the meanwhile, the three of the them bone up on their away-team skills. Then, in the end of the season they come back as experienced gate jumpers.

I didn't expect them to drag out the abandonment storyline. I was fairly glad to see that.

Rush being surprised at the number of planets Destiny skipped was a nice bit.

Eli just bugged me this episode. It's been a while since I've been a little kid, but if you know someone is looking for you, you stay where you are. I don't know about everyone else, but that was drilled into my head as a kid. Of course, Greer got saved and they didn't.

I'll buy into Chloe having intuition about the alien systems. She was mind-probed by the aliens like Rush, and he got feedback as well if I recall correctly.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As I recall, though, dialing between galaxies still requires more energy than a standard gate jump.

We may be looking at the plot seed of a "Rod of 7 Parts"/"Rod of Rassilon" collect the ZPMs type of storyline as they try to find power to do just that.

We also may find the "misunderstood" aliens that had Rush and Chloe make a return, offering to supply such power in return for the knowledge of the gate jumps...

And yeah...I liked what they did for Greer. Between that and the previous episode with Rush, we're starting to see some real fleshing out of the characters, so that their personalities and actions flow more naturally from their pasts.

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
No Wray in the episode. Good.

Then throw in the non-existent love triangle Eli-Chloe-Scott stuck far away and everyone who likes that will have something to anticipate as well.

I just hope the party is not split for just one dang episode...

The fact that the Destiny is leaving the Galaxy might point to a certain "urgency" in the Aliens mission to follow it and gain access. They might not have the capability to follow it through empty space for that long. (Well, we don't really know how long that will be.)

Stargates can dial other galaxies, provided they have enough energy. At least, the Pegasus and Milky Way Galaxies could. As mentioned in this episode, the Stargates Destiny uses are older models, they might not have the capability at all. The Milky Way / Pegasus gates were not limited to dial planets in their surroundings, they could dial every planet in the same galaxy. No range restrictions there.

What they certainly don't have is the necessary power source. ZPMs where required for dialing between Earth and Atlantis, and the Destiny doesn't have ZPMs and uses an older technology.

Unless another alien race in the current galaxy has access to ZPMs or giant nuclear reactor planets, they won't have another way to dial out and reach Destiny.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
No Wray in the episode. Good.

Yup. Not a fan of that character, not even finding her interesting. They're kinda pushing this new guy into the spotlight a little too hard, "Eli would have wanted us to record all of this." Which makes me believe he is going to be sacrificed to the alter of retro-plotting, set up as supposedly a bad guy all along, a scapegoat. I hope I am wrong.

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
I get the distinct feeling that this episode is leading into the involvement with the Lucian Alliance story arc.

I know that the three of them will eventually return to the destiny.

Basically because the opnly way leading characters of any TV show are killed off is if they leave the show for any reason and end their contract for whatever reason.

So my best guess is they'll eventually get picked up by the Lucian Alliance somehow and they will make their best way to the Destiny.

Remove ads