Can a Non-Hybrid Take a Hybrid Paragon Path?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Can a non-Hybrid character take a Hybrid Paragon Path?

For example, can a non-Hybrid Warlock take the Academy Master PP?
The prerequisite is listed as "Any Arcane Class." :hmm:

Mentat55

First Post
There is no such thing as a hybrid paragon path (that I am currently aware of). There is an alternative to taking a paragon path for hybrid characters, called paragon hybrid. There are also a few paragon paths that require you to be a member of two classes; this can be achieved through multiclassing or hybrid classing.

The Academy Master PP is open to any class with the Arcane power source. You can do this by (a) being an Arcane class, like a warlock; (b) taking a multiclass feat for an Arcane class; or (c) having at least one Arcane hybrid class.

kaomera

Explorer
Can a non-Hybrid character take a Hybrid Paragon Path?

For example, can a non-Hybrid Warlock take the Academy Master PP?
The prerequisite is listed as "Any Arcane Class." :hmm:
While there is a Hybrid playtest article in the same issue of dragon as the White Lotus article that includes the Academy Master, I don't see any connection. Academy Master is open to any arcane class, so your Warlock can take it, Hybrid or not.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
Dragonfoe Ragespell sort of is, as is the Underchasm Darkwatcher and Tharos Imposter.

Not really. Those classes are all still available to people who single class in one class and MC into the second (or Bards that MC into both). Hybrid qualifies, but it's not the only way to qualify.

DracoSuave

First Post
Correct. "Sort of is" and "is" are not equivalent.

If the pre-requisite is 'foo and bar' then you can take it if you meet the prerequisites.

interwyrm

First Post
Not really. Those classes are all still available to people who single class in one class and MC into the second (or Bards that MC into both). Hybrid qualifies, but it's not the only way to qualify.

"Sort of is" because imo you only get the full benefit out of ragespell if you are a hybrid. I haven't looked in depth at the other two.

Remove ads