Necromancer games-Frog God Games

Dark Mistress

First Post
Bill Webb of Necromancer games is starting a new company Frog God Games. They will be doing a subscription for all three of the Slumber Tsar books. They will be sent out by chapter and all three will be updated to Pathfinder rules, with new art and maps.

With the subscription you will get all the chapters sent to you over time for all three books, as well as a hardback book of all three completed and collected Slumber Tsar books. For more information you can go to their web site.

If all goes well he has already said he would like to do more books for Pathfinder.

Frog God Games - Home

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I'm definitely interested in this. I might go with the full subscription. :)

Does anyone knows why a different company has been created to release this?

Dark Mistress

First Post
Legal reasons. Necromancer Games is owned by Bill and Clark both, Frog God is just Bill. For reasons of his own Clark has opted out of this project, so for legal reasons Frog God Games was born.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, this is what I understand it to be. The truth is only Bill and Clark likely know the exact details of why.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Well, if Clark isn't involved, it makes sense to create a separate entity. I guess that the real question is why isn't Clark involved, but truth to be told, it's none of my business... :)

Still, the important news is that new books are coming out! :D

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Yeah, I don't quite understand why a new company had to be created - "legal reasons" was the reason given.

Though I am curious, I guess it doesn't really matter as long as we get the adventures. :)

Greg V

First Post
Basically, from what I can figure out it boils down to that Clark is REALLY busy with a new (non-RPG) job and couldn't make the time commitment to be involved. Since Bill is doing all the heavy publishing lifting then it didn't make sense to funnel it all through a company that is fundamentally both of them. This allowed Bill to do what he wanted with it without having to drag Clark into all the incumbent hassles of publishing something essentially with his name on it--the "legal reasons" as I understand it. I think there were also some distribution things that came into it--remember Necromancer never published and distributed its own stuff, it was always through partnerships with other publishers, so what Frog God Games is doing is somewhat outside the Necromancer model.

However, all this is being done absolutley with Clark's blessing. He was a big proponent of getting Slumbering Tsar out all along. So the Necromancer IP is graciously made available, which means all of the stuff in ST that ties into other Necromacner products did not have to be changed.

I'm sure Bill or Clark could give a much fuller explanation if they were so inclined, but that is my own limited understanding of the situation. As a lowly writer, I don't know all the stuff goes on in the control center of Necromancer Games. :)

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
That's cool.

Maybe Necromancer Games specifically has an agreement in place to distribute print products through Paizo so anything would have to be vetted/reviewed by them - and they may not have the resources to do so at this time.

Dark Mistress

First Post
When will the paypal links on the website be functional? I want to give you money!

Ken

I believe it is suppose to be May 15th if all goes as plan. But that date is from memory so don't quote me on it. Either way it should be sometime near the middle of this month give or take a couple of days. When it goes live, I am sure Greg or myself will post here letting people know.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases