D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 / PF Hellbred build

Viandante

First Post
Hi everybody!
I will soon start playing a good-aligned campaign, and I was thinking about building an Hellbred (Fiendish Codex II, page 77) character.
I'm in a group with other three players that are already playing, so I'll start at level 11.
The group is formed by:
- A stealth Sorcerer / Fighter / Arcane Archer;
- A healing Cleric;
- Something gishy.

I can use all 3.5 manuals, all classes from Pathfinder, no Psionics, no Tome of Battle's classes, nothing oriental.
We houseruled multiclassing so that you don't lose experience with unbalanced classes.
We use feat progression from Pathfinder.

I really like Pathfinder's Paladin, but I don't really like being legal good.
I'm good with the "I need to eradicate evil to save my soul" thing, but I'd like to have freedom to work with other people without problems.

I was thinking about a fighting Binder (maybe Knight of The Sacred Seal?), which would be wonderful, but I'm really open to suggestions.
Is there some class that really shine combined with a Hellbred?

I'm actually playing a good wizard / spellthief / unseen seer in another campaign and a Thief in another one, so I'd prefer to avoid classes too focused on spellcasting (Clerics, Paladin-like classes are ok, I'd avoid playing a wizard up to level 20).
I'd like to play a Hellbred with body as his infernal aspect (+2 cos, -2 int), but I'm open to suggestion here too.

Let me know if you have ideas, I know I'm really vague but I have little knowledge about D&D, and I'd like you to help me discover / decide what's better.

Thanks!

udalrich

First Post
I'm good with the "I need to eradicate evil to save my soul" thing, but I'd like to have freedom to work with other people without problems.

Thanks!

Pathfinder Paladins have fewer problems along those lines than D&D paladins. "Under exceptional circumstances, a paladin can ally with evil associates" to defeat a greater evil, although you will need an atonement once the crisis has passed. It's still a restriction, which might be too much.

Jhaelen

First Post
Have you looked at the Greyguard prestige class in Complete Scoundrel?

Are you allowed to use the Unearthed Arcana paladin variants? There's one for each of the corner alignments.

irdeggman

First Post
Group seems to be missing a blaster.

Warlock (Complete Arcane) - take the fey feat chain (from Complete Mage).

For vesatility try sorcerer (or wizard) multiclass and then the Eldritch Theurge prestige class (Complete Mage).

Or warlock and then the Enightened Spirit (from Complete Mage)

Remove ads