What Are You Watching?

Jack7

First Post
After my vacation of last week I decided to relax a little more. Not work so many hours. Especially on the weekends.

This week during lunch my kids and I have watched some DVDs I rented of old television shows. We watch one episode of Star Trek, Daniel Boone, Kung Fu, or Wild, Wild West each lunch break. My kids have loved this (they had never seen any of these shows before except Star Trek) and these were all some of my favorite shows as a kid. Today we watched Balance of Terror, my second favorite Star Trek episode. All of this old stuff has made me nostalgic, but also has me feeling like a kid again.

This weekend I'm gonna take the wife to see Iron Man 2 at the new Imax theatre, and I'm gonna get caught up on Carnivale, which I fell behind on.

Last weekend on vacation I watched a little film (I often prefer smaller films) that I can highly recommend called, Into Temptation. The ending was fanatic but most of the film, aside from a few bizarre parts, was excellent I thought. I also saw Ink which I had wanted to see for a long time. It was disappointing to me, but the ending was rather good.

As far as TV I'm watching The Office, and Lost. That's about it for TV. Occasionally I'll watch the Brave and the Bold, or Smallville if the wife and kids are watching it.

So, what are you watching?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Vampire Diaries
Smallville (Honestly, I see if it's an episode that concentrates on Green Arrow or one of the other supers - otherwise, I delete it unwatched)
Supernatural
Medium
Dr. Who
Burn Notice
Big Bang Theory
Venture Brothers
Going to start on Justified and Human Target at some point.

Ben 10
Generator Rex
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Iron Man: Armored Adventures

Herschel

Adventurer
Burn Notice and Leverage are between seasons right now so the only thing "current" I'm watching is Doctor Who and that's about it. I see Castle, Big Bang Theory and How I met Your Mother fairly often as well, but haven't been as dilligent about keeping up on those.

I'm finally getting to watch Season Two of Torchwood as well as catching up on some movies I missed in the theater as well as a few old Doctor Who but really don't have a lot of TV time.

Starman

Adventurer
Lost. I've watched seasons 1-5 on DVD in the past six weeks or so and now I'm watching season 6 on Hulu in anticipation of the series finale. I just finished the third episode.

Welverin

First Post
Lots of hockey.

The stuff I regularly watch: Chuck, 24, Lost, 30 Rock, Clone Wars, Flashforward, V, South Park, The Simpsons (though I'm behind on that one).

I'm really liking How the Universe Works on Discovery.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Sadly, no Burn Notice right now. Ditto for Tosh.0, but I think that's coming back soon.

Chuck has been the main show I've been watching right now. Especially the last few, they've been excellent episodes.

Still catch Daily Show and Colbert when I can, but I've fallen behind by like 3-4 weeks worth of episodes by now there.

I'm still watching WWE RAW, for reasons I don't think I'll ever understand. That Kofi Kingston is no longer on that program may finally break that bad habit, he was about the only fun one left to watch.

Kinda sad that's all I'm watching right now, there's just not much on TV that's good anymore. Even on the History Channel, Nat Geo, etc... front, there's little good programming left. It's mostly reality shows now.

I've been meaning to watch Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo for over a year now, I need to stop putting that off, because I've seen the first 2 episodes, and they are utter perfection.
[sblock]Gankutsuou's ending, be sure to put it in 720 p, it just doesn't look nearly as good in low def. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzmHXG0U2bs"]YouTube- Gankutsuou - Creditless Ending [HD][/ame]
EDIT: You have to watch it in youtube, the embed doesn't work, sorry.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wombat

First Post
I don't have a regular tv connection, so everything is on dvd; currently I am watching Season 1 of Fringe and Season 3 of Doctor Who.

Remove ads